IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truly sad. The timing of this abduction is just too fast. Rode to the lake, biker sees bikes, girls gone. The whole thing is just too fast.

Is it too fast though? I've been wondering that too.

I'm supposing this was a random abduction of these 2 little girls. However, I also think it was planned, if that makes any sense. Several people mentioned feeling uneasy on that part of the bike path due to it being more secluded. I can think of other cases where young women were abducted from a park.

Suppose a perp had been frequenting the park and determined he would find his victim here. Then he would choose the secluded area where he would attract the least attention. For whatever reason, he chose that day & time and the girls simply ended up in the wrong place at the right time for his purposes. Whether he lured them with something to gain their trust or outright abducted them, I have no idea. I don't know where he took them.

I can see this type of scenario happening very quickly. I don't believe Lyric & Elizabeth were specifically targeted. But where did they go from here? The vacant house theory is a good one, especially for someone familiar with the area. This case just keeps my head spinning. I can't believe school is starting and these girls are still missing.

JMO

I'd like know how the bikes were handled at home. Did they lock them up for fear they would be stolen? Generally if you leave a bike unattended it will get stolen.

I'm supposing this was a random abduction of these 2 little girls. However, I also think it was planned, if that makes any sense. Several people mentioned feeling uneasy on that part of the bike path due to it being more secluded. I can think of other cases where young women were abducted from a park.

Suppose a perp had been frequenting the park and determined he would find his victim here. Then he would choose the secluded area where he would attract the least attention. For whatever reason, he chose that day & time and the girls simply ended up in the wrong place at the right time for his purposes. Whether he lured them with something to gain their trust or outright abducted them, I have no idea. I don't know where he took them.

I can see this type of scenario happening very quickly. I don't believe Lyric & Elizabeth were specifically targeted. But where did they go from here? The vacant house theory is a good one, especially for someone familiar with the area. This case just keeps my head spinning. I can't believe school is starting and these girls are still missing.

JMO
I have this creepy feeling during their ride, they told someone where they were headed or it was suggested they go there for some reason and the person trapped them there. You can probably drive that faster than you can bike it.

I'd like know how the bikes were handled at home. Did they lock them up for fear they would be stolen? Generally if you leave a bike unattended it will get stolen.

I'm not a local but I've read locals saying it's the kind of place where you can leave your doors unlocked. I'm guessing that applies to bicycles, too.

JMO

I have only read this first page of the new thread so I don't know what was written in the previous one. I'll have to go back and finish that one in a few minutes.

Where do they go from there? I have no idea. I don't know what happened so it's only a hypothesis. I do have some hypotheses of where they might have been taken but I don't want to share those right now. I will say that I don't think it was the vacant house on the lake or any other vacant house in Evansdale. I think the perp was craftier than that. I don't think he's going to stay in the area that he abducted the girls. He got what he wanted - the girls. Now, he wants to keep them and finish what he had planned. Staying only a few yards away in an empty house on the lake would be like a bulls-eye. I don't think there's any way that he did that. I don't think he went to any other homes for sale in Evansdale, either. It's too risky. Some perps do like to take risks, but they take them while commiting a crime (in this case the abduction). It's doubtful that a risk would be taken immediately after one gets what one is after. A robber may rob a bank in the middle of the day on a busy Friday. That's risky. However, I don't believe he would leave the bank, walk next door to a 7-11, and buy a drink with the stolen cash from the bank. That would be reckless. This perp took these girls in the middle of the day and got away with it. He tooks risks. As I said, I think he's crafty. I don't think he's reckless.

This has to be a perp who knows the area, and has watched the comings and going of the locals on the lake to take such a huge risk. But, I really think the girls were not afraid of this guy, he became their friend.

I have only read this first page of the new thread so I don't know what was written in the previous one. I'll have to go back and finish that one in a few minutes.

Where do they go from there? I have no idea. I don't know what happened so it's only a hypothesis. I do have some hypotheses of where they might have been taken but I don't want to share those right now. I will say that I don't think it was the vacant house on the lake or any other vacant house in Evansdale. I think the perp was craftier than that. I don't think he's going to stay in the area that he abducted the girls. He got what he wanted - the girls. Now, he wants to keep them and finish what he had planned. Staying only a few yards away in an empty house on the lake would be like a bulls-eye. I don't think there's any way that he did that. I don't think he went to any other homes for sale in Evansdale, either. It's too risky. Some perps do like to take risks, but they take them while commiting a crime (in this case the abduction). It's doubtful that a risk would be taken immediately after one gets what one is after. A robber may rob a bank in the middle of the day on a busy Friday. That's risky. However, I don't believe he would leave the bank, walk next door to a 7-11, and buy a drink with the stolen cash from the bank. That would be reckless. This perp took these girls in the middle of the day and got away with it. He tooks risks. As I said, I think he's crafty. I don't think he's reckless.

This is something I would like to explore more. Just how many ways out of Evansdale are there and going in what directions? While it's not out of the question that it was someone local who took them to their house, I get the feeling the perp took them out of Evansdale. It's a small town and it would seem like staying there would be risky. When were the traffic stops/ road block checks by LE and do we know where they were?

JMO

Your scenario is what I believe happened.

I recall figuring out once that, based on Ollipop's reports of using that trail, users come along once every 4-6 minutes or so. No doubt they aren't completely evenly spaced but if another witness had happened by, I think the perp would have done what so many others have done and just beat feet out of there.

I had to go to Marshalltown this morning. On the road there, I was staggered to see a combine in a corn field. That's about 4 weeks early... but the ears were definitely drooping on the stalks and the field was ready to harvest.

I'm both afraid and hoping that harvest or hunting will bring the answer no one wants to get.

I have this creepy feeling during their ride, they told someone where they were headed or it was suggested they go there for some reason and the person trapped them there. You can probably drive that faster than you can bike it.

If a local would drive the various possible routes to the park, I'd love to test it.

In town, bicycles are often faster than cars if the bicyclist isn't strictly obeying every stop light. If the girls got on the nature trail before it gets to the park, they'd be able to go without any traffic lights or stop signs at all.

If the girls were really motivated to go fast, for instance if they thought they were pulling one over on Grandma and needed to get there and back before Grandma realised they were gone, I'm not so sure it would be easy for a motorist to get ahead of them.

I wish we could run some experiments during the same time of day on a Friday.

Meantime, AMW has this ped. guy on most wanted list, said to be "charming' and a "lady's man"....

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79049
"Police Search For Dangerous Sex Offender
The Texas Pardon and Parole Board has been searching for 53-year-old Charles Edwin Klein, who failed to register as a sex offender aftering being released from prison on parole. Not only has Klein been convicted of sex offenses against children on more than one occasion, but he was recently added to Texas' Top Ten Most Wanted Sex Offenders list".

His crime..
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=86

If it wasn't planned then this man or men would just be lurking on the bike path all day waiting for a victim? Wouldn't someone see them and report it if they weren't biking just waiting there on the path,, the kids went there and within very few mins they were gone. Has anyone been attacked on that stretch of the bike path in the past? I think they were told to go there at that time and it was planned. Could it be someone they meet while out biking, another fellow biker?

What if the "phone call" was made first....then onward to the lake. ??

http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_30b39ff3-03ba-57c0-bad5-ac02f0ce3804.html
Police Lt. Michael McNamee says a relative says Morrissey was at the hospital earlier Monday and was given medication. McNamee says she drank alcohol and the relative grew alarmed when she couldn't be wakened.

The hospital says Morrissey wasn't listed as a patient Tuesday.

I have a horrible feeling that if the girls aren't found alive, this abduction will claim 3 victims. Misty doesn't seem strong enough to handle a terrible outcome. I really hope she finds the support she needs to hold it together.

Meantime, AMW has this ped. guy on most wanted list, said to be "charming' and a "lady's man"....

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=79049
"Police Search For Dangerous Sex Offender
The Texas Pardon and Parole Board has been searching for 53-year-old Charles Edwin Klein, who failed to register as a sex offender aftering being released from prison on parole. Not only has Klein been convicted of sex offenses against children on more than one occasion, but he was recently added to Texas' Top Ten Most Wanted Sex Offenders list".

His crime..
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/Texas10MostWanted/SexOffenderDetails.aspx?id=86

Sorry, I'm playing catch-up here today and had to respond to this post.

From the link above: "During the daytime hours of May 1, 1983, Charles Edwin KLEIN committed oral sodomy and sexual intercourse with an 11-year-old female child in Irving, Texas. He was arrested three days later, at which time he claimed he did not think he had acted improperly."

BBM. How the ****** could an adult male think it is proper to sexually abuse an 11 year old???:banghead:

Sorry for the O/T rant, but that statement hit me wrong on about a million levels.

Does anyone have a direct link to Misty's comment on AMW? When I clicked the link it didn't show comments on it.

Go to that link.
Under FEATURED EPISODES there are gray tabs. Click TALK ABOUT IT. It expands to show the comments to AMERICA'S MOST WANTED.

The very frustrating thing about this is even if we come to the perfect theory, there isn't a darn thing we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24