IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see Lyric's mom was hospitalized. I know if I was fighting an addiction (and plenty of us are, it's often just something more mundane like food rather than alcohol or drugs), I am sure having my daughter & niece disappear would be enough stress to cause a relapse. I hope she is offered & accepts help.

Sad to see there's nothing new in this case. Two girls don't just disappear while riding their bikes. Wish we would get just a little tiny piece of new info.

She may have just taken some kind of prescription for her nerves, an anti-anxiety drug, something to help her get through this horrible situation. It may not have been illegal drugs. Prescription drugs and alcohol don't mix either.
I was recently given a prescription for restless leg syndrome, and it plainly states not to take the drug with alcohol, as it will intensify the effects of it. It is not even a narcotic.
It's also very possible that even if it was a prescription, she may have taken too much, drank a couple beers or a mixed drink and passed out... whether it was intentional or not.
I hope she is going to be okay, but this has to be so terribly hard for them.

I have followed this case from the very first thread. And I have almost always thought that Misty seemed to be horribly suffering. I cringed while I read so many folks accepting her easy smile as evidence of her not caring, or something even more sinister. I am not one to talk about personal issue of the family members, but I just think that if you look at her pictures from the earliest days until now, and you have followed the gossip and the MSM reports... It seems highly likely that she is self-medicating with a very legal and very available substance, to a very dangerous degree. I just hope that she survives this, as I cannot imagine the craziness that is all around her right now, and I just hope that someone will be aware enough and will catch her as she is falling. This is just so sad to watch, first the girls and then the tragedy of the family who is left behind.

So this is some new behavior since the girls disappeared?

I'm sorry, I would not wish this on any parent but something is off here.

If it wasn't planned then this man or men would just be lurking on the bike path all day waiting for a victim? Wouldn't someone see them and report it if they weren't biking just waiting there on the path<snipped for space>

Man, men, woman, or women, or a combination IMO.

This is totally hypothetical and just me personally but if I saw people out on the trail or in the woods checking something out, I wouldn't think anything of it. Or another thought is someone could be standing breathing hard and drinking water, making it look like they're out of breath from running. From my understanding it's not strictly a bike path, so people walking, jogging, etc. around it wouldn't be strange.

Now some guy standing there by himself staring at who was coming up or down the trail might look a whole lot more suspect. Even that could look like he was getting ready to cross and wanted to make sure no one was coming so he doesn't get hit.

Maybe this is a symptom of the emotion everyone thinks she is lacking. I don't wish her any harm and I am not glad that she had this issue, but I am glad to know that she feels something.

I believe they call this a result of pure shock. People handle things so differently from one another! My heart truly goes out to this poor woman.

Man, men, woman, or women, or a combination IMO.

This is totally hypothetical and just me personally but if I saw people out on the trail or in the woods checking something out, I wouldn't think anything of it. Or another thought is someone could be standing breathing hard and drinking water, making it look like they're out of breath from running. From my understanding it's not strictly a bike path, so people walking, jogging, etc. around it wouldn't be strange.

Now some guy standing there by himself staring at who was coming up or down the trail might look a whole lot more suspect. Even that could look like he was getting ready to cross and wanted to make sure no one was coming so he doesn't get hit.

Or maybe someone or two people standing on the lake side of the fence holding a tackle box and a pole...that might not seem out of place.

Those things might not seem out of place at the time, but I'd like to think that somebody who saw them would remember when they heard about the girls and mention it to LE.

Truly sad. The timing of this abduction is just too fast. Rode to the lake, biker sees bikes, girls gone. The whole thing is just too fast.

And yet, there are things that do suggest the alternate. Always a flip-side, isn't there?

If it wasn't planned then this man or men would just be lurking on the bike path all day waiting for a victim? Wouldn't someone see them and report it if they weren't biking just waiting there on the path,, the kids went there and within very few mins they were gone. Has anyone been attacked on that stretch of the bike path in the past? I think they were told to go there at that time and it was planned. Could it be someone they meet while out biking, another fellow biker?
b b m
Exactly..
This was not a random kidnapping.

It was planned and at least one of the girls was the intended target.
Imoo

From where the bikes were, is the area where the dogs stopped in woods visible?
I am just pondering if they were being held by someone when the biker came past.

The very frustrating thing about this is even if we come to the perfect theory, there isn't a darn thing we can do.

Hi, imoo It's not likely that the right theory will be found here before
LE finds the right theory.
But
The wondrous thing about WS is that bits and pieces of many theories
probably hold SOME truth.
IMO

What if the "phone call" was made first....then onward to the lake. ??

Phone call?? Did I miss something here? (I'm sure I did, I usually do) <lol>

Okay, I think I need more coffee. <rolls eyes> I feel the timing of that phone call does speak volumes here. A lure? No. The other? Quite possibly. The overall timeline does make me wonder quite a bit, after all. Especially from July 13th to July 25th or so.

If it wasn't planned then this man or men would just be lurking on the bike path all day waiting for a victim? Wouldn't someone see them and report it if they weren't biking just waiting there on the path,, the kids went there and within very few mins they were gone. Has anyone been attacked on that stretch of the bike path in the past? I think they were told to go there at that time and it was planned. Could it be someone they meet while out biking, another fellow biker?

The trail isn't reserved for bicyclists, many people also use it for walking. Since the trail doesn't form a complete loop around the lake, I think it's unlikely that a bicyclist or another walker would realise the perp was waiting around at that point on the trail. The perp could pretend to be stretching or fiddling with their shoe or whatever whenever someone went by that did not fit the perp's mental profile.

Ted Bundy scouted out locations and used the local environment to his advantage. For instance, the library parking lot at Central Washington State College where he grabbed Susan Rancourt was very well lit at night and moderately busy with students coming and going to study. There was one place that was not well lit under a train overpass that cast a shadow; the shadow seemed even darker because coming from the well lit parking lot the human eye did not adjust to the dark very quickly.

He was there for a couple hours and approached at least two other women besides Susan Rancourt. He used his ruse with a cast in the well lit area of the parking lot and would then lead them to his VW Bug parked in the shadow of the train overpass.

Bundy did stuff like that a lot. He had the patience to stake out a good trap position and then wait until a woman who fit his mental profile (pretty and vivacious) happened to come along with the right conditions (a temporary gap in witnesses). There were many times when Bundy went out hunting and was unsuccessful for one reason or another.

Sorry, I'm playing catch-up here today and had to respond to this post.

From the link above: "During the daytime hours of May 1, 1983, Charles Edwin KLEIN committed oral sodomy and sexual intercourse with an 11-year-old female child in Irving, Texas. He was arrested three days later, at which time he claimed he did not think he had acted improperly."

BBM. How the ****** could an adult male think it is proper to sexually abuse an 11 year old???:banghead:

Sorry for the O/T rant, but that statement hit me wrong on about a million levels.

Because he obviously suffers from a severe, criminal, mental disorder. Antisocial personality disorder, aka psychopathic.

I'm just wondering if someone was riding their bike around the lake would they be able to see all the different areas that a car or van might be parked. I would hope a person might see anything suspicious while riding thru?

No, there are places on the trail where the island blocks the view of the parking lot. Maiden Lane and the grassy area were blocked by vegetation.

Ollipop did comment that the city went through and removed a lot of weeds and really opened up the spot on the trail where the bicycles were found. He said the wooded area now looks different now than it did 12 July.

Waterloo has a first frost date of 21 September so it's likely that the wooded area will not grow back that much until next spring.

Those things might not seem out of place at the time, but I'd like to think that somebody who saw them would remember when they heard about the girls and mention it to LE.

Memory is complicated.
I wish that someone did see something and report it. But if I'm honest, I would say that I struggle sometimes with remembering what I said in a conversation 20 minutes earlier. Sometimes I lose whole chunks of time. Sometimes a reminder brings back a fragment of what happened or what I said. Yesterday is sometimes a mystery. Now there is a good reason for this, (stress) but if I had been walking or biking around the lake, I might only have noticed two bikes on the path. I probably couldn't have even pinpointed a time of day other than between certain hours. I may not have been able to describe the bikes well.

For example, I walked in a park last week and tried my best to remember something I saw, just to see how it must have been for anyone who was at Meyer's Lake that day. The only thing I remember now is what I intentionally tried to remember. I saw a little boy on a Razor scooter. I can't remember what color his hair or his clothing was. I think he was under 10 yrs old. I'm not even sure of where in the Park I saw him. When I try to remember, it's elusive.
Thank God I haven't witnessed anything that my testimony could have helped the outcome of because I'm pretty sure I couldn't help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01