IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was a known fact that the cctv clock was 8 minutes slow, I wonder why the owner didn't have this repaired.

Would this clock stand up in court if a case ever presented itself. :waitasec:

IMO

He probably didn't notice until he really needed to look closely at it. Just a thought.

If it was a known fact that the cctv clock was 8 minutes slow, I wonder why the owner didn't have this repaired.

Would this clock stand up in court if a case ever presented itself. :waitasec:

IMO

First, the time clock. Probably an older system, run off a small server, time manually set long ago and the CMOS on the system makes the clock run fast...or someone manually setting it some time ago who wasn't paying attention.
As to admissible in court, maybe. My issue would be the graininess and blurriness that far away proving it was Lyric and Elizabeth, unless further substantiated by other evidence. We also do not know what ELSE may have been in a lot more footage, so hard to say. But yes, an incorrect time would be admissible, if shown it was (ie: testimony)

Thanks. In this archive there is a still image from Perez's news interview with Mr. C that has an interesting caption. I'm not able to find the video that cooresponds to see/hear what was actually said.

ETA: it's photo 170 of 345

It says Mr. C saw them at 12:15! Is that something Amanda/cc typed in or where did that come from?

NeighborRobert-sawgirls-1215p.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I just provided some info from the first thread where it was stated she last saw them at 12:15. But I have not heard her or seen her quoted saying she looked out the window and saw them. I just took it as she really did see them then because that was stated before the cctv confirmed the time.

Oops sorry, I missed that before posting. Thank you! I thought the same thing, that she originally said 12:30 and then corrected it after the video came out, but sounds like 12:15, 12:30, and 11:30 times were all quoted at various points.

It says Mr. C saw them at 12:15! Is that something Amanda/cc typed in or where did that come from?

NeighborRobert-sawgirls-1215p.jpg

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Excellent question.

Maybe Mr C isn't as "confused" as he's being portrayed.

Maybe Mr C has been TOLD to be vague about his times.

What do you guys think of this scenario? The girls and their bikes are loaded into a waiting van ( the perp they were friends with) Taken to the lake for a boat ride and then the bikes were dumped?

What do you mean "that" far away? To where? By when? He's comparing it to when they supposedly got there...right? What time were they supposedly supposed to get there by? Why would that matter?

I agree, and don't mean anything specific by "that far away." It might just be a figure of speech. I could see telling someone, for example, "he left work at 5:00 and it's now 5:30, he can't be that far away" if I was expecting someone to be home shortly. All I meant was "that" far away from where they were seen on CCTV. Where and by when, I'd love to know but I have no idea.

Why it would matter in my mind is if the girls could ride X amount of distance in X amount of time, it might help with where to look for them other than the lake.

I don't get why the timeline is such a big deal. That's why I never say anything about it. Like I said before, your making it too hard. Remember.. JMO

I agree, and don't mean anything specific by "that far away." It might just be a figure of speech. I could see telling someone, for example, "he left work at 5:00 and it's now 5:30, he can't be that far away" if I was expecting someone to be home shortly. All I meant was "that" far away from where they were seen on CCTV. Where and by when, I'd love to know but I have no idea.

Why it would matter in my mind is if the girls could ride X amount of distance in X amount of time, it might help with where to look for them other than the lake.

Gotcha, and I agree. I think Mr. P knew by then what the destination they had possibly gotten to in that amount of time and might be referring to "that". :)

The scary thing about this is, if they don't catch this perp he will do it again. Getting away with it just makes him braver.

Thank you for reposting that!

Huh... I hadn't noticed this before but it seems to me like he says "between 12 o'clock and between 1 o'clock and" and then his wife says 3:00. I know the assumption has widely been (here anyway) that he meant 12-1 but his wife corrected him to say it was as late as 3:00.

What if he was trying to correct himself from "between 12 o'clock and..." to "between 1 o'clock and..." but never quite finished his thought because they moved on to other questions? It seems unlikely but I'm trying to think of any ideas.

Similar to my last thought the only reason it really matters is trying to figure out which way they went and how far they might've gone, before or after the abduction.

I don't get why the timeline is such a big deal. That's why I never say anything about it. Like I said before, your making it too hard. Remember.. JMO

what do you mean by 'your making it too hard'? You've posted this before. Just curious.

what do you mean by 'your making it too hard'? You've posted this before. Just curious.

I can't say. Its just my opinion that the perp is right there in front of everyone. Thats how they work, they hide amongst the normal people in society.

Does Aunt T work? How was she able to immediately arrive to help search for the girls?

I've been trying to locate the one where Perez interviews Mr C at his home/ yard. From sunlight, it appears to be earlier in the day than the interview at the lake with Mr and Mrs C. The transcript of the interview is on ABC website (see my earlier post) but I can't locate the original ( i.e. ABC) video of the newscast. Thoughts?

Thank you for reposting that!

Huh... I hadn't noticed this before but it seems to me like he says "between 12 o'clock and between 1 o'clock and" and then his wife says 3:00. I know the assumption has widely been (here anyway) that he meant 12-1 but his wife corrected him to say it was as late as 3:00.

What if he was trying to correct himself from "between 12 o'clock and..." to "between 1 o'clock and..." but never quite finished his thought because they moved on to other questions? It seems unlikely but I'm trying to think of any ideas.

Similar to my last thought the only reason it really matters is trying to figure out which way they went and how far they might've gone, before or after the abduction.

I had mentioned that once a couple of threads back, but nobody seemed real impressed with the idea. I think the general idea back then was that it couldn't have been after 12:27 because the bikes were seen before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member