IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They let her straight back out again so she can't be considered too much of a suicide risk, surely?

Or is it just the old insurance stuff you guys have over there?

In Australia being admitted twice for overdoses in a short time would have you committed...for 48 hours at least.

Same here, but I don't think she was admitted for overdose earlier that day, I think she just went in with some complaint and was given the pills, then later she took too many of them and drank a lot of alcohol, and that's when she was admitted.
I may be mistaken, though.

I know LE likes to maintain silence these days in many cases...but really, two little girls disappear in a small town, and people are just expected to go along as though nothing happened, not a word from their paid officials, in over a month? No reassurance, no call for help, nothing?

meyerspearlnecklace.jpg

Question for a local...that area that is behind the auction house and Lottie's Lounge...is that like a limestone/gravel lot?

If those girls had been back there on any kind of limestone/dirt base ground their bike tires would have been seen. And if it rained that morning, there should be pretty clear imprints.

I know a lot of vehicles are in and out of that parking lot, but I wonder if they could have lined up, say, a stop in the tire tracks from the bikes - along with a deeper imprint of a vehicle that appeared to have stopped, then left the area.

Again....
LE has had over 5 (FIVE ) weeks to
gather information, to gather evidence, to test
evidence, to search for the little girls and to
find a POI and even make an arrest.

IF LE had a clue where the girls were ---LE would have rescued them.
You can bet on that.

If LE had a poi in mind he'd either be watched like a hawk or arrested.
LE would not take a chance of the creep running free and abducting AGAIN.

I'm beginning to think LE has nada.
Time will tell.
IMO

What evidence is there going to be? It's not like it's a crime scene where someone was shot or stabbed right there... a perp is not going to leave much, if any trace evidence by snatching two girls off their bikes. He may not have even touched the bikes, for that matter.
As for not naming a POI, that doesn't mean they don't have one, or even several. They are usually pretty careful about not making that public until they're pretty sure they know who it is, for liability issues. Sometimes we never know until an arrest makes the news. Not naming anyone means nothing, IMO.

I'm thinking along the lines of short term positives for someone that may be suicidal. Therapy is fine in the long run, but suicidal people have to wake up one morning and see the day differently than all the rest. Flower can sometimes do that ... just knowing that someone unexpected cares ... I think it might be one positive for someone in that situation.

You are so correct!!! The thanks button was not enough.... suicidal people NEED to know they are cared about and loved and needed. Sometimes it can work wonders. A bouquet of flowers could do more good than a month in rehab.

Poor Misty. She doesn't have the psychological or social resources to deal with this situation. I don't know how I could do it and I don't have to to struggle with addiction and divorce. I think I would be looking, pushing LE, asking for help from people like Adam Walsh (like Misty did).

Another case I followed a few years back (that has never been solved) is Melinda and Trenton Duckett. I'm guessing that some of you followed that. Melinda did kill herself, horribly. Are there other examples of mothers who could not withstand the grief and horror (or possibly the guilt)? Are there cases that were solved?

"A day doesn't seem like a normal day," Collins said. "It's just like it doesn't stop. It keeps dragging and dragging. You're just waiting for a time to go up to your room. You're just waiting, waiting, waiting."

"Whoever's out there, we're just begging you to bring our girls back home," she said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/elizabeth-...g-iowa-cousins/story?id=17049295#.UDTq48EiYRM

Another clip from this article caught my attention on her comment:

Elizabeth Collins' mother Heather, who attended the Iowa State Fair this month, told ABC News' Alex Perez in July that the wait for the girls' to resurface was an agonizing time.

The wait for the girls to resurface WAS an agonizing time? Does that mean they've resurfaced?!! Why else would she say it was an agonzing time...not IS an agonizing time? Maybe I'm misreading her words...

Is that what makes them think they are alive, but don't have any suspects or leads as to who took them?!! Oh PLEASE let this be the case that they HAVE resurfaced, they just don't know how to find them!:please:

This article also clarifies the statement about the girls being alive...saying that they have no evidence to show either way...as many of us suspected all along.

There is no good news in this article. Investigators being scaled back. Fewer tips. Doesn't sound like LE has anything.

Sad.

knock it off now

sleuthing a witness? Has the witness been named a person of interest? If not police your own posts please and thank you. Also, I have removed several posts that continue to bash the families of these two girls. This is unacceptable.

:nurse:

Bumping this up! Why were there two pages of continued sleuthing of this witness after I had to lock the thread last night for everyone to read the rules?
PLEASE STOP

Elizabeth Collins' mother Heather, who attended the Iowa State Fair this month, told ABC News' Alex Perez in July that the wait for the girls' to resurface was an agonizing time.

The wait for the girls to resurface WAS an agonizing time? Does that mean they've resurfaced?!! Why else would she say it was an agonzing time...not IS an agonizing time? Maybe I'm misreading her words...

Is that what makes them think they are alive, but don't have any suspects or leads as to who took them?!! Oh PLEASE let this be the case that they HAVE resurfaced, they just don't know how to find them!:please:

I found the original article and it talks about the wait continuing. I think the newer articles are probably just bad reporting. MOO

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-iowa-girls-mother-takes-polygraph-test/story?id=16842660

snipped

For now, though, the agonizing wait for Heather Collins continues.

"A day doesn't seem like a normal day," Collins said. "It's just like it doesn't stop. It keeps dragging and dragging. You're just waiting for a time to go up to your room. You're just waiting, waiting, waiting.

This article also clarifies the statement about the girls being alive...saying that they have no evidence to show either way...as many of us suspected all along.

Here is Evansdale Police Chief Smock's clarification:

'He also clarified FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault’s July 21 statement that “We believe the girls are alive.” Smock said investigators have no information to prove or disprove they are alive.'

Does anyone get the feeling that the FBI and local LE might not be seeing eye-to-eye on this investigation? I find it odd that local LE is clarifying a statement made by FBI. JMO.

Here is another MSM article about MCM's hospitalization, as well as a recap of the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irl-Lyric-Cook-hospitalised-unresponsive.html

"An extensive search involving local, state and federal investigators has failed to find them. FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault said there was 'nothing new' about the case Tuesday.

Ms Breault stood by her assertion, first made Saturday, that investigators believe the girls are alive.

'They are not going to reveal the reasons why. You wouldn't want them to do that. It would jeopardize the investigation and the children,' she said."

FWIW, the Daily Mail isn't always correct and IMO should not be taken as the "gospel truth".

NEW & DETAILED ARTICLE!

On a recent Wednesday afternoon, as the case of two missing cousins entered its third week, officers descended on an Elk Run Heights home.

Marked sheriff’s office squad cars pulled up with two nondescript passenger cars in tow. Uniformed deputies took up positions around the house. Plainclothes detectives and FBI agents knocked at the door.

They talked with the resident and checked in an old camping trailer in the backyard.

Then the lawmen left. The whole episode took about 45 minutes.

"snipped"

“It’s still our top priority, and we’re using all resources available to find the girls,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock on Tuesday. “It’s easy to see why some people get frustrated not seeing action ... but there’s plenty being done behind the scenes.”

"snipped"

He also clarified FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault’s July 21 statement that “We believe the girls are alive.” Smock said investigators have no information to prove or disprove they are alive.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_d5ff400c-ec59-11e1-a2bd-0019bb2963f4.html

At least they clarified a few things.

Snipped BM BBM

Not a direct quote from Heather but paraphrasing of things discussed in a previous interview with another reporter.

MOO poor phrasing on the part of the reporter.

We've talked alot about the girls being familiar with the person(s) who abducted them. Is there any information about what the girls did in the days before July 13? How did they normally spend their days, both separately & together? How much time did they spend together on a regular basis? Was one shyer than the other? Maybe there are clues in their daily routines.

I apologize if this has already been discussed & I missed it. Please just direct me to the correct thread if so. (TIA)

For some reason people here actually expect me to get some work done (sheesh!)

I can't see the bikes being staged although I can see someone possibly being wrong about a day or time. I think the girls were at the lake that day. I'm at a loss as to what happened next.

JMO

Yesterday someone mentioned the Wineville Chicken Coop murders so I went to Wikipedia to read up on them. Granted -- the case is nearly 100 years old -- but the similarities to this case freaked me out! Just odd coincidences, really:

-- One of the victim's last name was Collins!
-- The perp met Walter Collins at a local small town grocery
-- Luring kids with promises of pony rides
-- Rumors of human trafficking
-- A victim's mother who had a husband who was headed for a very long jail term
-- That same victim's mother was placed in a psych ward

So strange!

Also from the new article:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_d5ff400c-ec59-11e1-a2bd-0019bb2963f4.html

Cook said the disappearance is hard on the entire family, including hurtful misinformation being spread about some members. On Tuesday, Cook said reports that her son, Jeremiah, attempted suicide or overdosed in late July weren’t true. He was hospitalized for a heart problem, a blocked artery that required a stent, she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025