IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they weren't taken for sexual reasons or revenge, but as a punishment against a slight the kidnapper(s) felt happened to them. Like, what if their child was killed or locked up or otherwise taken away from them because of meth, and the kidnapper blames it on the dealer/manufacturer of the drug.

Like, you took my child so I am going to take yours.

I can possibly see this happening in Lyric's case, but from what I can tell Elizabeth was not exposed to the meth world. But your idea is interesting. In this possible scenario, do you see the kidnapper(s) keeping the girls alive?

I believe the girls were abducted at the lake. It just doesn't make sense to me otherwise. I know the bikes could have been staged, but IMO that is just such a big unnecessary risk. If you pull off the abduction of two girls in broad daylight, why take a chance on getting caught at the lake leaving their bikes? Why not take the bikes with you, or just leave them where you abducted the girls? To me, it just doesn't make sense.

By the way, I always enjoy reading your posts.

Thank you, For some reason when I was Reading this I thought,

Hmmm yeah, what if the were at the lake and their bike were there in the path when Mr. G rode by,

BUT

they were NOT abducted yet, They were just off playing some where by the lake, then they moved their bikes to the location they were found up against the fence by the gate.

Then they were abducted.

We have never heard if the place where Mr G saw the bikes is the same place that LE later found them,

have we?

And didn't Sheriff Abben say they were leaning against the fence?

What if they weren't taken for sexual reasons or revenge, but as a punishment against a slight the kidnapper(s) felt happened to them. Like, what if their child was killed or locked up or otherwise taken away from them because of meth, and the kidnapper blames it on the dealer/manufacturer of the drug.

Like, you took my child so I am going to take yours.

I did actually search for any recent deaths from ODing, but didn't find anything. I didn't look real hard though, so I could have easily missed something. I also just looked for one in the past 3 years, but I know some people are more patient than that.

That's good to know. I got that impression but I wasn't sure. So as long as RNER's brother doesn't go to the media or somehow accidentally 'leak' the info hopefully he'll be fine.

Can someone plz PM me & fill me in on what keeps being hinted at but never discussed? :please:

I can possibly see this happening in Lyric's case, but from what I can tell Elizabeth was not exposed to the meth world. But your idea is interesting. In this possible scenario, do you see the kidnapper(s) keeping the girls alive?

I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think it was planned, but not planned. Like the perp was going to do this but hadn't decided how, and they just happened to cross paths on that day.

I think they are still alive because the perp can't bring themself to kill. And perhaps the perp wasn't expecting it to blow up so large.

I think the girls might be outside of city limits. I think the girls may be in some sort of shack or tent or temporary structure.

I think the perp has taken ok care of them but they may be a bit dehydrated.

As for who the perp is:

Large Male 40-60 years of age. Older children. Divorced or Widowed, Familiar to the area through work (e.g., delivery person, mechanic, taxi cab driver).

Hmmm yeah, what if the were at the lake and their bike were there in the path when Mr. G rode by,

BUT

they were NOT abducted yet, They were just off playing some where by the lake, then they moved their bikes to the location they were found up against the fence by the gate.

Then they were abducted.

We have never heard if the place where Mr G saw the bikes is the same place that LE later found them,

have we?

I've wondered about that too. It's certainly possible the girls were there when TG rode by and saw the bikes.

I don't know if there has ever been confirmation that the bikes were found at the same location that TG saw them. You're right that Abben said the bikes were leaning against the fence, IIRC.

Do you think that in this scenario the abduction was random or planned?

BUT
Then they were abducted.

We have never heard if the place where Mr G saw the bikes is the same place that LE later found them, have we?

I've mentioned that a few times, and so have others. I've also wondered if they've been vague about where they were just to keep something that would help them identify real tips from people just wanting to be important/helpful. They have never said exactly where the bikes were, what direction they were facing, how close together they were or anything else. Abben never said the girls/perp left the bikes leaning against the fence. He specifically said, each time he was asked, that the bikes were leaning against the fence when he arrived on the scene.

Maybe it's just semantics, but I've wondered quite a few times if he worded it that way because he knew they weren't there when the firefighter found them. :twocents:

Are there any searches going on? planned in the future? What is going on??

Can someone plz PM me & fill me in on what keeps being hinted at but never discussed? :please:

It has nothing to do with this case. A poster's brother helped someone who was hurt. I don't remember the entire story, just that it has nothing to do with this case, so you aren't missing any pertinent information.

No need to be PM'd. RNer posted yesterday that her brother had been a witness to an accident, IIRC, and reported it to the police. She explained how terrible it had been for her brother, and how concerned she was that he would be "sleuthed" in a manner similar to how TG has been. She made some good points, IMO.

I've mentioned that a few times, and so have others. I've also wondered if they've been vague about where they were just to keep something that would help them identify real tips from people just wanting to be important/helpful. They have never said exactly where the bikes were, what direction they were facing, how close together they were or anything else. Abben never said the girls/perp left the bikes leaning against the fence. He specifically said, each time he was asked, that the bikes were leaning against the fence when he arrived on the scene.

Maybe it's just semantics, but I've wondered quite a few times if he worded it that way because he knew they weren't there when the firefighter found them. :twocents:

BBM

There certainly has been a lack of clarity about the bikes. You are right that it hasn't been stated where they were found by the firefighter. All Abben has stated is where the bikes were located when he arrived. I think this is more than semantics, I think this is deliberate on the part of LE for some reason. JMO

It has nothing to do with this case. A poster's brother helped someone who was hurt. I don't remember the entire story, just that it has nothing to do with this case, so you aren't missing any pertinent information.

No need to be PM'd. RNer posted yesterday that her brother had been a witness to an accident, IIRC, and reported it to the police. She explained how terrible it had been for her brother, and how concerned she was that he would be "sleuthed" in a manner similar to how TG has been. She made some good points, IMO.

Thank you both! I thought it was something that happened on this case. My bad.... :)

Hopefully RNer's brother will remain a "silent" witness. I remember how Roy Krunk was treated in the Casey Anthony case & then people wonder why people don't come forward more often. I would (and have) but it is a scary thing these days with the internet.

Are there any searches going on? planned in the future? What is going on??

I don't know about any recent searches organized by LE or FBI. I don't know if the families have any searches of their own taking place.

I know that there was a clean-up project at the lake this past weekend, and I assume anyone participating in that would have kept an eye out for anything pertaining to Lyric and Elizabeth.

This maybe a really stupid question.... Please don't flame me... :panic:

But they did search INSIDE the lift station building... RIGHT?

AKA, Pump house on the end of Arbtus...640 Arbutus Ave, Evansdale

Yes they did, but I don't have the msm link.

Plus, since it is a sewage lift station, it gets regular maintenance checks.

Yes they did, but I don't have the msm link.
Plus, since it is a sewage lift station, it gets regular maintenance checks.

Where can i find that info...:hug:

How often....?

>>>Like........... say every Friday between 12-3:00 pm? Just saying...

I am sorry if you though I was being in anyway harsh to you
I was expressing the chioce of words
in a newspaper.
It just struck me as odd.
But everything in this case is odd.
Please forgive me if I made you feel bad.:please:

No, no, I didn't feel like you were attacking me.

It's just one of those regional differences in language. Let's not talk about the difference between paddle and pedal boats!

Here are some more Black Hawk County events I was able to find for that weekend that would have brought in people from other areas:

Professional Wrestling Hall Of Fame Inductions: Waterloo
BLAST Iowa Summer Sizzler: The largest outdoor swim meet in the state, featuring athletes from the Midwest: Waterloo
Waterloo Bucks v. Thunder Bay: Minor league baseball game
Stem & Stein: Food, Beer And Wine Fest: Waterloo
CV Derby Divas Present Masquerade Brawl: Roller Derby Waterloo
Summer PraiseFest 2012: Cedar Falls
Guy Penrod Concert: Cedar Falls
Waterhawks Ski Show: Evansdale

I am local, but I can't recall anything extremely significant about that weekend except during the searches, it was discussed that John Deere had some event that weekend so they donated all their extra food on Sunday July 15th to the search teams. Also I did see it mentioned about a high school in Evansdale - since Evansdale is basically a suburb of Waterloo, most of Evansdale attends East High in Waterloo. Columbus High School is a private Catholic school, also in Waterloo, but I suppose anyone in the area can enroll there if willing to pay.

Most importantly, my family and I camped out at Deerwood campground that weekend. It was extremely full. Much busier than I have ever seen it before. In fact, we could barely find a place to park our camper. I assumed it was due to the construction work on the Interstate and was told many of the workers were staying there. I heard all the construction workers had been contacted by LE right away. Surprisingly, we were only contacted 2 WEEKS AGO by LE. It had been 4 weeks before we were asked anything. :what: Not sure why the DCI would contact us if they had suspects or any POI that revolved around the family. JMO, of course!

No, no, I didn't feel like you were attacking me.

It's just one of those regional differences in language. Let's not talk about the difference between paddle and pedal boats!

LOL let's not!!! :floorlaugh:

I don't know about any recent searches organized by LE or FBI. I don't know if the families have any searches of their own taking place.

I know that there was a clean-up project at the lake this past weekend, and I assume anyone participating in that would have kept an eye out for anything pertaining to Lyric and Elizabeth.

Yes, organized searches with volunteers on July 14 and 15 only. Other searches have been conducted by LE only, based on tips. The searches on July 14 and 15 focused soley on Evansdale, out towards Elk Run Heights, Raymond, and a little southeast towards Gilbertville. Hanson Lake and Eagle Lake were covered in those areas. Searches on those days were on public property, and private property with permission only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810