IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is for OceanMother! Please whatever you do, don't give up hope and don't stop praying. My 36 year old son was diagnosed with testicular cancer a few weeks ago and after many tears and prayers from everyone, we got the word last night that he's gotten a clean bill of health. The cancer hadn't spread to the lymph glands and it was contained. God does answer prayers. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. God bless you!

Excellent post. God Bless Michael Matz and dear Barbaro.

And Go Go Go to Union Rags for proving Michael Matz is no one hit wonder!

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Strictly in my opinion, there isn't a more deserving trainer out there.

Thank you Nurse! I was getting pretty nervous we were possibly headed down that path again. I don't know if it'd do that much good but just a thought, maybe every time the mods post "this is a victim friendly site" you could also say "this is witness friendly site"?

BBM - that's for sure!

Apologies for my part! Can I say, in my defense, I really was not trying to sleuth the witness so much as trying to make sense of his contribution to the timeline. I can see where it might have read differently. For the record, I have entertained several theories that seem almost plausible--but none of which have included TG or Mr C. jmo : )

Please add me to the list of those sending out good thoughts to MotherOcean.

:silenced: Three hours without a post. :anguish:

ETA: Just saw SV post ^^^

Good Morning all ! I Hope today there is more to be found in this case!
I will write to all of the daytime shows and ask them to do a follow up on this case.
The more out there the better.
I pray spmething breaks today!
There is always HOPE!!!!

:waitasec:

Family members, police still urgently searching for missing Iowa girls

22 August 2012

But law enforcement officials want to reassure the public that everything that can be done is being done to find the girls. Tips continue to come in, and leads are thoroughly investigated — some multiple times.

“It’s still our top priority, and we’re using all resources available to find the girls,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock on Tuesday. “It’s easy to see why some people get frustrated not seeing action … but there’s plenty being done behind the scenes.”

Investigators are paying close attention to reports of attempted child abductions statewide and nationally, Smock said, including anything involving vans of any color. Reports of white vans in particular have surfaced in several towns, including Cedar Rapids.

Police questioned a man driving a white Chevy Astro van in Evansdale the day the girls vanished, but there was no connection.

“We’re looking at everything. There’s nothing concrete,” Smock said.

http://thegazette.com/2012/08/22/fa...ll-urgently-searching-for-missing-iowa-girls/

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....So, are they (LE) Looking for Vans ........... now???? :waitasec:

Maybe I am reading to much into it...

They've been looking for a white van since the very beginning. Adair88 spoke of the neighbors in the campground who were tearing bikes apart at midnight and that a couple that showed up in a mini van the next morning. I wonder what color that mini van was.

They've been looking for a white van since the very beginning. Adair88 spoke of the neighbors in the campground who were tearing bikes apart at midnight and that a couple that showed up in a mini van the next morning. I wonder what color that mini van was.

I see.....Thank you...

I am soooooooooooooooooo Confused......

I thought they were just looking for that white van (the man at Casey's),

and after they interviewed him they were no longer looking for VANS.

... Being That particular tip didn't pan out....

I can't seem to keep the details straight...:banghead:

Hi Yall,
Can anyone remember Tammy stating something odd about Florida in an interview?
Or what interview it was?
Does anyone know if Tammy went to Florida a few days after
the days went missing?

I see.....Thank you...

I am soooooooooooooooooo Confused......

I thought they were just looking for that white van (the man at Casey's),

and after they interviewed him they were no longer looking for VANS.

... Being That particular tip didn't pan out....

I can't seem to keep the details straight...:banghead:

That's my understanding as well. There was a request for the owner of the white van that was seen at Caseys at 2 in the afternoon to come forward. He did, and it appears that he was ruled out as a suspect. I have not seen any information from investigators that they have identified a vehicle in connection with the missing children.

:waitasec:

Family members, police still urgently searching for missing Iowa girls

22 August 2012

But law enforcement officials want to reassure the public that everything that can be done is being done to find the girls. Tips continue to come in, and leads are thoroughly investigated — some multiple times.

“It’s still our top priority, and we’re using all resources available to find the girls,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock on Tuesday. “It’s easy to see why some people get frustrated not seeing action … but there’s plenty being done behind the scenes.”

Investigators are paying close attention to reports of attempted child abductions statewide and nationally, Smock said, including anything involving vans of any color. Reports of white vans in particular have surfaced in several towns, including Cedar Rapids.

Police questioned a man driving a white Chevy Astro van in Evansdale the day the girls vanished, but there was no connection.

“We’re looking at everything. There’s nothing concrete,” Smock said.

http://thegazette.com/2012/08/22/fa...ll-urgently-searching-for-missing-iowa-girls/

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....So, are they (LE) Looking for Vans ........... now???? :waitasec:

Maybe I am reading to much into it...

It sounds like investigators are asking people to keep an open mind and not get hung up on white vans.

Hi Yall,
Can anyone remember Tammy stating something odd about Florida in an interview?
Or what interview it was?
Does anyone know if Tammy went to Florida a few days after
the days went missing?

That comment was made in her NG appearance. I have no idea how to link it, but you can search for the NG interview. I don't know for sure about her going to Florida, but I doubt very seriously that is the case. LE would be all over anyone leaving town I'm sure. HTH

That's my understanding as well. There was a request for the owner of the white van that was seen at Caseys at 2 in the afternoon to come forward. He did, and it appears that he was ruled out as a suspect. I have not seen any information from investigators that they have identified a vehicle in connection with the missing children.

Do you have a link indicating that the man LE spoke with that was driving the white astro van has been ruled out as a suspect? I don't remember seeing any statements from LE stating this. TIA

Do you have a link indicating that the man LE spoke with that was driving the white astro van has been ruled out as a suspect? I don't remember seeing any statements from LE stating this. TIA

Quick google search gives this:

"K** says authorities contacted the FBI right away, and he was interviewed by authorities in Evansdale. The FBI says K** was very cooperative from the very beginning and is not a suspect."

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19174082/...sing-girls-investigation?clienttype=printable

That's my understanding as well. There was a request for the owner of the white van that was seen at Casey's at 2 in the afternoon to come forward. He did, and it appears that he was ruled out as a suspect. I have not seen any information from investigators that they have identified a vehicle in connection with the missing children.

It sounds like investigators are asking people to keep an open mind and not get hung up on white vans.

Thanks Otto...

Apologies for my part! Can I say, in my defense, I really was not trying to sleuth the witness so much as trying to make sense of his contribution to the timeline. I can see where it might have read differently. For the record, I have entertained several theories that seem almost plausible--but none of which have included TG or Mr C. jmo : )

Please add me to the list of those sending out good thoughts to MotherOcean.

No apologies needed IMO! Personally I don't think that whole conversation went "too far" I think there were just red flags that it might. (I'm not a mod so... take that thought for what it's worth :) )

I was actually with you on the questions you had and I would be so happy if we could nail down this timeline! I just worried the potential 'sleuthing' could lead in a bad direction. I definitely appreciated the clarification that the call was about something other than the girls' bikes - I always thought so because IMO it would be really odd to stop and call someone to say "I just had to dodge bikes on a trail!" but it was good to have it confirmed.

All MOO.

Thanks for posting the most recent article. Sounds to me like LE has nothing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025