IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:waitasec:Just wanted to ask a quick question as far as the coffee cup "evidence" goes.

Even if they WERE to get DNA or some sort of fingerprint evidence from that cup...and even if it DID belong to a potential abductor, the only way they are going to catch this person is IF they have been arrested before and had some sort of fingerprint or DNA to match against some sort of database, correct?

If this is a first time perp chances are even full blown DNA recovery isn't going to match up to anything that is going to point to the person responsible...or am I missing something?

We are basically praying that the coffee cup DNA would match someone who has already been arrested, fingerprinted, and DNA swabbed (if indeed it was relevent to the case).

:waitasec:

I'm less inclined to consider DNA as I would fingerprints on that cup. Fingerprints are not only easily lifted from paper, but they stay there a long time -- unless exposed to water. As it rained up until about 11AM that morning, if fingerprints are lifted, it could indicate that the cup was left there after 11AM on Friday the 13th (as it didn't rain after that time).
While a paper coffee cup in no way by itself indicates a connection to a crime, IF there are fingerprints, and IF a suspect is pinned down and fingerprinted, then it can establish they were there that day (or later).
LE, if they suspect someone, have been known to, shall we say, follow that suspect around, AND it is legal to, say, recover something tossed away by that person in a PUBLIC TRASH CAN (or area) to lift prints/DNA from. With that scenario, they do not need the person's permission to be fingerprinted or swabbed.
Just a thought and... MOO

:waitasec:Just wanted to ask a quick question as far as the coffee cup "evidence" goes.

Even if they WERE to get DNA or some sort of fingerprint evidence from that cup...and even if it DID belong to a potential abductor, the only way they are going to catch this person is IF they have been arrested before and had some sort of fingerprint or DNA to match against some sort of database, correct?

If this is a first time perp chances are even full blown DNA recovery isn't going to match up to anything that is going to point to the person responsible...or am I missing something?

We are basically praying that the coffee cup DNA would match someone who has already been arrested, fingerprinted, and DNA swabbed (if indeed it was relevent to the case).

all that AND it would have to have been a cup from the perp (it could be a randomly discarded cup)

No matter if the DNA from the cup matches something on their files or not, there has to be something to connect it to the girls. That's a public place. It's not like finding DNA or prints from a total stranger in one's house to prove they were there, this is a place where hundreds of people have been and may have left their marks. Without that connection to the girls, they can't say this person was the perp.
I hate to be so blunt, but until they find the bodies, it's going to be very, very difficult to tie it together with their abductions.

BBM. Snipped from CNN transcripts, dated July 17th.

BROUSSEAU: The girls` bikes did trail around and ended up on the south side of the lake by the interstate, which would be 380 -- I-380. The bikes were just dropped down right on the bike trail.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ijvm.01.html

Not sure if this means anything or not, but I came across it recently while looking for something else.

What that tells me is that the aunt believes that the cyclist saw the girls bikes even though the timeline is nearly impossible.

What that tells me is that the aunt believes that the cyclist saw the girls bikes even though the timeline is nearly impossible.

Aunt Tammy:doh: God bless her, I know she's probably tried her best, but IMO she's muddied the waters more times than not.

I need to read the transcript again, but when Aunt T mentioned the location of the bikes I thought she was discussing where they were found after the search was initiated. But maybe I've gotten it mixed up, not a completely unusual occurrence for me!

HMMMMM
Something is freaky freaky!!
The article in reference here is the 17th or should I say transcript from JVM show.
I personally believe TG. There has been references in these threads that Abben denied knowledge of TG on 3 different occasions. Well, the first thing that pops into my mind is that most of us know that Peter denied knowing Jesus 3 times... and most of us know that Peter knew exactly who Jesus was. Just saying...

HMMMMM
Something is freaky freaky!!
The article in reference here is the 17th or should I say transcript from JVM show.
I personally believe TG. There has been references in these threads that Abben denied knowledge of TG on 3 different occasions. Well, the first thing that pops into my mind is that most of us know that Peter denied knowing Jesus 3 times... and most of us know that Peter knew exactly who Jesus was. Just saying...

Great analogy, IMO.

Aunt Tammy:doh: God bless her, I know she's probably tried her best, but IMO she's muddied the waters more times than not.

I need to read the transcript again, but when Aunt T mentioned the location of the bikes I thought she was discussing where they were found after the search was initiated. But maybe I've gotten it mixed up, not a completely unusual occurrence for me!

:idea:

hmmmmm
something is freaky freaky!!
The article in reference here is the 17th or should i say transcript from jvm show.
I personally believe tg. There has been references in these threads that abben denied knowledge of tg on 3 different occasions. Well, the first thing that pops into my mind is that most of us know that peter denied knowing jesus 3 times... And most of us know that peter knew exactly who jesus was. Just saying...

hmmmmm...

Searching various areas with human remains detection dogs may be helpful.

Let the farmers get the harvest in. Corn is only about 7% harvested and soybeans haven't been started yet. Once the harvest is in, I think it would be useful to go back over the fields around Waterloo and Cedar Falls to check fencelines, tree lines, etc.

Off topic: it is so sad. I just read a note from one farmer who combined just over 250 acres of corn with an average yield of less than 50 bushels an acre. That's about 25% of a normal years' harvest.

Iowa is going to be hurting this fall. When the farmers hurt, the ripples spread out through the whole Iowa economy.

GrainneDhu
I remember you mentioning that early on. I agree with you about maybe going back over the flields and fencelines with scent dogs.
(Sorry about your areas low harvest. )

Im sad to come here again today and see that the girls are still missing...
Praying they are found soon. :(

Just a remote possibility as for the significance of a cup found at the scene-

If the person whose fingerprints are on the cup is someone LE interviewed and possibly cleared due to their stating they were not at the lake, the cup would place them at the lake at some time. Remote but still a possible reason other than checking data base for collecting info from the cup. IMO

Sorry, just catching up from this morning. I could be wrong, but since the reporting of the cyclist seems like it would have only been publicized the same day as this interview, I would guess that TB's info either came from LE, or the from seeing the bikes where they were found.

I know this is totally random and crazy, but I would like to see them search the lake again.

I know this is totally random and crazy, but I would like to see them search the lake again.

If they were in the lake now, the bodies would of floated to the surface. I would like to see the other places as in the beginning, searched again.

If they were in the lake now, the bodies would of floated to the surface. I would like to see the other places as in the beginning, searched again.

It depends on when they were put in the lake, how they were put in the lake, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddie01134