IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel that the perp that abducted these girls is an avid hunter.

I voted for the girls (I have to admit I wanted to vote for all of them)

Totally off topic.

Regarding eye witness testimony, did anyone else watch the on air suicide yesterday? I did and after reading comments describing something different than what I remembered, I watched it again.

I was wrong. My memory had him on the other side of the road. Other people insisted the shot didn't happen before the feed was cut (wrong). Some said the man didn't shoot himself in the head but the chest (wrong).

Point being many people did not accurately remember what they actually saw in that shocking situation, myself included.

Am I the only one that thinks it's so tacky.. having people vote on which case gets covered?
It's not a popularity contest, they all need help!

Am I the only one that thinks it's so tacky.. having people vote on which case gets covered?
It's not a popularity contest, they all need help!

perhaps it is tacky...

that being said it was a poll most likely to gauge public interest (which does sadly drive the media train)

perhaps it is tacky...

that being said it was a poll most likely to gauge public interest (which does sadly drive the media train)

Tacky, disgusting, etc. But, I voted anyway. They all (and many, many others) need air time.

Totally off topic.

Regarding eye witness testimony, did anyone else watch the on air suicide yesterday? I did and after reading comments describing something different than what I remembered, I watched it again.

I was wrong. My memory had him on the other side of the road. Other people insisted the shot didn't happen before the feed was cut (wrong). Some said the man didn't shoot himself in the head but the chest (wrong).

Point being many people did not accurately remember what they actually saw in that shocking situation, myself included.

What??????? I think I am pretty glad that I missed this, but still curious.. where did you see this??

Eyewitness testimony is the most unreliable and inaccurate testimony there is. Nine people out of ten are not going to get most details correct, and the one that does is usually wrong on some small detail.

What??????? I think I am pretty glad that I missed this, but still curious.. where did you see this??

Eyewitness testimony is the most unreliable and inaccurate testimony there is. Nine people out of ten are not going to get most details correct, and the one that does is usually wrong on some small detail.

It was broadcast live on Fox News. Shepard Smith was the host and he was very upset they didn't cut away in time.

Tacky, disgusting, etc. But, I voted anyway. They all (and many, many others) need air time.[/quote]

BBM - I totally agree, Jax!

(just jumping off your post here...) For me, voting was a cringe moment that I'll be able to "shake off" in the next hour. Mostly though, I see the vote as a golden opportunity for us to actually do something concrete to help find our little girls.

P.S. to Daisy - thanks so much for the link!

Ok another weird random idea from Peeples LOL

You guys know i travel rurally in NE iowa and N iowa to see clients.. today i had to take a new route and ran across an abandoned hog buying "shack". This one happened to belong to Tyson. According to hubby rural Iowa is is dotted with them. The hog or cattle buyers bring a few examples of their feeder pigs or feed cattle and let reps from which ever company is interested view them and then the company decides whether or not to purchase from that farmer. If i'd been thinking I would have taken pics, but can take that route on this coming friday again and get pics of anyone wants them. Anyway i called it a shack because i don't know the right term is, but it's a white building a bit broken down, has ramps for the animals.. building is a good 900 to 1,000 sq ft. Has multiple rooms and looked like it had a basement (or an area for all the animal feces to fall through the slats of the floor). Closest town were about 10 miles in all directions and closest farm house that was actually occupied and not completely falling apart was probably 5 miles away.. so these things are waaay out in BFE.
I got out of my truck and looked around, no doors are locked and there is regular doors and big double barn type doors on it, i did NOT go in because even though most likely abandoned it's still pvt. property. I stood on old pallets and looked through the windows and such Anyway... just like the rail cars thing coming to me.. so did this.. and i guess i just thought I'd share.. it'd make a good place to keep the girls.. alive, or the other....

I wonder how many of these there are in the area... and where they are located..
The one i saw belongs to Tyson.. but there are other meat packing plants around Iowa and the midwest that probably have them as well...

Like always.. just throwing things out there lol

I voted for the girls.. but am with all of you that it's sickening it's come down to voting :(

Totally off topic.

Yet another example of how eyewitness testimony can be very mistaken.

Now imagine a case in which someone had been shot and one side was saying it was by someone else and the other saying it was a suicide shot. Without the ability to rewind, who would know which testimony was accurate? Assuming the absence of any decisive forensic evidence, of course.

You guys know i travel rurally in NE iowa and N iowa to see clients.. today i had to take a new route and ran across an abandoned hog buying "shack". This one happened to belong to Tyson. According to hubby rural Iowa is is dotted with them. The hog or cattle buyers bring a few examples of their feeder pigs or feed cattle and let reps from which ever company is interested view them and then the company decides whether or not to purchase from that farmer. If i'd been thinking I would have taken pics, but can take that route on this coming friday again and get pics of anyone wants them. Anyway i called it a shack because i don't know the right term is, but it's a white building a bit broken down, has ramps for the animals.. building is a good 900 to 1,000 sq ft. Has multiple rooms and looked like it had a basement (or an area for all the animal feces to fall through the slats of the floor). Closest town were about 10 miles in all directions and closest farm house that was actually occupied and not completely falling apart was probably 5 miles away.. so these things are waaay out in BFE.
I got out of my truck and looked around, no doors are locked and there is regular doors and big double barn type doors on it, i did NOT go in because even though most likely abandoned it's still pvt. property. I stood on old pallets and looked through the windows and such Anyway... just like the rail cars thing coming to me.. so did this.. and i guess i just thought I'd share.. it'd make a good place to keep the girls.. alive, or the other....

I wonder how many of these there are in the area... and where they are located..
The one i saw belongs to Tyson.. but there are other meat packing plants around Iowa and the midwest that probably have them as well...

Funny, I was kind of wondering if the girls were transported/hidden in,under or around pigs also, glad you said it though! Thinking that hogs were probably ubiquitous around Iowa and that people might be less likely to poke around them.

I that is a brilliant thought and theory.
Another what if that is beyond excellent and imo
is not beyond the realm of possibility.

Can something such as that be called into the hotline as a suggestion of course? tia

Missing Iowa Cousins? Seriously? They have names.

No kidding! The whole thing upset me - vote for which kid "deserves" more air time? Really? Then they didn't even put the girls' names?

I understand it's TV and they do what they have to do for ratings etc., and I'm all for the girls getting more publicity, but that "poll" was pretty hard for me to swallow.

Daisynae please don't take this wrong. I'm really glad you brought this to our attention here, it's the concept that bothers me but if that's the way it is... I at least like knowing where to 'vote.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath