IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This could be correct, im not sure, but i do know that the Rail Road that owns the Track does NOT own the rail cars.
ArtzyPantz

I'm certain you're correct!

However, I know from a friend whose husband works for the railroad near here that they do make an effort to check all cars on a regular basis. Not every day or even every week but they do make the rounds. Mostly to prevent homeless people from using idled RR cars as shelter during the summer months (winters in Iowa are usually too cold for people to sleep rough).

Anybody else having dreams about this case? I never did until last night. I was at the lake but it was frozen over with snow. I don't know if that means anything, I have had dreams that came true on many occasions. In the dream I was trying to clear the snow and ice so I could see the water.

I'm certain you're correct!

However, I know from a friend whose husband works for the railroad near here that they do make an effort to check all cars on a regular basis. Not every day or even every week but they do make the rounds. Mostly to prevent homeless people from using idled RR cars as shelter during the summer months (winters in Iowa are usually too cold for people to sleep rough).

(previously using your post as a jumping off point :))

Thats good to know as im sure there are a few different situations where a rail car could be involved, like you said for homeless to sleep, travel, crimes, & curious kids.

We use them at work and it does take some effort to open the doors and could take quite a bit of time to open, close and look thru many cars, so its good to know they do this. There are so many places and areas in my town alone, where someone could do "what ever" with a rail car and not be seen especially at night.

Artzy

Some times i wonder if the girls had been to the lake earlier in the morning, and had accidently thrown or dropped the purse by the fence, couldnt get it back and went to find someone to help get it & didnt ask Gma to help because they were not suppose to be there & asked the wrong person, OR they forgot it and remembered just before having to be home to leave with Gma, therefore the speeding / racing view of bikes in a hurry on the video tape, and met up with a dangerous person at that point.

just wondering different things....

Am i understanding correctly that the purse was OVER the 6 foot fence and on the LAKESIDE ??

MOO ArtzyPantz

Just got off the phone with DCI. I am doing a sit down interview next week with an agent in my area.

They are thoroughly investigating all leads in the girls case i can say that for sure!

Thats great news! Now someone can take what they know and i know and see if my experience happened for a reason, or if this guy was just being strange for no reason, which normally doesnt happen.

I wont post anything that may harm the investigation, or if they tell me not to talk about it for any reason.

Just wanted to post before going to work.

ArtzyPantz

Anybody else having dreams about this case? I never did until last night. I was at the lake but it was frozen over with snow. I don't know if that means anything, I have had dreams that came true on many occasions. In the dream I was trying to clear the snow and ice so I could see the water.

I have not had dreams about this case. I have about another case which has not had a break yet either.

Maybe your dream represents evidence being found once snow falls or better yet the girls coming home once snow falls or even that there is/was something of significance in the water. You were clearing the snow to see it.

Do we know if any evidence or potential evidence was retrieved from the water at the lake by the FBI dive team??

OMG...I am getting a scrolly across the bottom of KCRG notifying on KCRG.com Floyd County police are going to hold a press conference in regards to the Evelyn Miller case which is 7 years old!

I wonder if during this investigation of the girls that LE came across something!!???

***Casey Fredericksen has been charged with 1st degree murder and sexual abuse. This was the mother's boyfriend at the time of her death.

Probably not going to help the case for Lizzy and Lyric. :(

Just got off the phone with DCI. I am doing a sit down interview next week with an agent in my area.

They are thoroughly investigating all leads in the girls case i can say that for sure!

Thats great news! Now someone can take what they know and i know and see if my experience happened for a reason, or if this guy was just being strange for no reason, which normally doesnt happen.

I wont post anything that may harm the investigation, or if they tell me not to talk about it for any reason.

ArtzyPantz
BBM
This is great news, ArtzyPantz, on more than one level! Thanks so much for the update. Wow...DCI will be doing a sitdown interview, no less. IMO, that says they took your information very seriously. I would so love to be privy to what questions they'll ask.

By the way, would you mind sharing which day next week the interview is taking place?

ArtzyPantz

Could you tell me what it is that they are interviewing you about? Did you call in a tip? I don't remember hearing about this on the thread? TIA

ArtzyPantz
bbm: this is a very good idea artzy

Investigators checked properties on the East side of the lake ... we know that because this is what the lawn watering man said. The poster you are referring to does not live in that area.

Just jumping off your post, Otto. Does anybody here know if the officers searching the area homes would have been accompanied by sniffer dogs?

Could you tell me what it is that they are interviewing you about? Did you call in a tip? I don't remember hearing about this on the thread? TIA

Here you go, rain... this is where ArtzyPantz tells abt a RSO she previously worked with:

Thread #19, Page 31, Post #771

This case. . .:sigh:

I still see several different scenarios as being possible. . .none of them good unfortunately.

I was watching Real Interrogations last night, and boy do I wish we could know who LE has questioned and see those tapes. I think it's possible they may have some leads but no evidence. . .or maybe no leads have panned out at all. I would suspect from Artzy's post that the ladder is the case. They still seem to be trying to find "that" lead.

I hope any computers the girls had access to were taken and searched like day 1 in case one of them had met someone online who they went to meet. Seems like this would be standard operating procedure. Hope so anyway.

I think this was a random abduction, the hardest kind to solve.

I hope any computers the girls had access to were taken and searched like day 1 in case one of them had met someone online who they went to meet. Seems like this would be standard operating procedure. Hope so anyway.

I think this was a random abduction, the hardest kind to solve.

BBM

I'm starting to think this is the case. I know the argument can be made for this being a local crime. BUT it bothers me that some of the exits were closed and that you can basically get off in Waterloo and follow Lafayette all the way into Evansdale near where the girls were riding there bikes.

Just from past knowledge, often times perps will drink or drug to get up the nerve to carry out a crime like this. It bothers me to no end that there is a liquor store and a few bars on that road between Waterloo and Evansdale.

Not saying this is how it happened, but I really don't see any evidence that it couldn't have. Perp is driving and uses GPS or smart phone to get alcohol. Gets off in Waterloo, gets drunk and continues down to Evansdale where he sees the girls riding their bikes. He follows them down to the lake and while they are milling around he pulls up Google maps on his phone and sees that the bike trail empties out into a fairly secluded spot. He drives around to the SE corner, parks near the pump house and intercepts the girls on the trail using a weapon. He fast tails it out of the area ASAP and is Lord knows where by the time LE is called. Bye bye girls. :(

I have not had any dreams about this case, but I have had many dreams that have come true. Maybe your dream of you clearing away the snow so you can see the water is saying some on here are getting close, very close to the truth of what really happened to the girls? Anyone else notice that some very good theories, not just these precious girls, come out late at night? When I was doing my families' genealogies (which includes Iowa) I found much better luck searching after midnight. Maybe our minds are using a different energy or brain waves then?

I'm relieved not to be the only person who thinks that many children look alike!

Since you originally brought up the idea, I have been wondering if maybe the perp was aiming at another girl or three but got Elizabeth and Lyric almost by mistake, as it were. It makes sense in a horrid sort of way.

I certainly hope that Elizabeth's friends were questioned by an expert in child interviews about who they may have seen or met. I think it would have to be done very, very carefully so as to prevent the children from thinking they did something wrong. Obviously they didn't but many children think that way.

I wish so much there could be a happy ending to this but I just don't see it.

:seeya:

Actually it was Katy and nicb that had the ideas. :blushing:
I just hopped off their post.
I'm glad you mentioned Elisabeth's friends being questioned.
I hope they were. I would love to know if the friends were in the park that day around that same time. Or even a previous day....seen chatting with....anyone.
imo

“The search has been expanded and now takes up probably about a five-mile-square area,” Abben says. “People on the ground along with dogs and then we also have law enforcement doing house-to-house (searches), making contact with people.”

http://www.radioiowa.com/2012/07/15/few-clues-in-disappearance-of-two-northeast-iowa-girls/

Those dogs have been all over.

That article was printed in July.
I say the search dogs should be brought back in.....
allow them to search. Bring new dogs and go over every inch of the 5 miles.
The girls have been gone what ...nearly 10 weeks.
Surely there is something to find.... maybe something missed in the initial searches.
imo

I noticed while reading about how they found Evelyn Miller that they extensively searched for five days and found her in the Cedar River. How many days did they do an extensive search for the two girls in E'dale? I guess LE thinks they were abducted by vehicle from the area, so perhaps that is why they haven't searched a wider area or brought the dogs back in. So sad.

I see that Artzy will be interviewed by an agent. That is great news. The only thing is that time is of the essence..why schedule it for next week? That leads me to wonder if they have someone in mind already. I don't know why, but I think they are close. Let's hope closer than seven years...ugh. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lightningwill