IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote two news stations to see if they have requested any document release from LE. Iowa passed the Sunshine Law recently so thought I'd ask. It doesn't hurt if others email them also.

I drove through E-dale today twice to take my son to and from a Dr's appt in Iowa City..
I wonder if they checked the lake where the waterhawks ski team practices....

Also on the other side of the Cedar River, is some rail road tracks with LOTS of parked trains.. i wonder if our poor girls were stuffed into a rail car....

I dunno.. just throwing things out there...

If the girls' bodies were put into a railroad car that wasn't in regular use at the time, I think it will be discovered soon. The railroads run at high capacity during the harvest season, so RR cars that have been put on the sidetrack for the summer are usually put back in service.

Also, I think railroad security checks all RR cars on a regular basis to keep people from riding the trains or setting up housekeeping in a sidetracked car.

About one third of the corn crop and one third of the soybean crop have been harvested so far (soybeans more concentrated in the upper third of Iowa). I don't know about the Cedar Valley but in my area, crop yields are way, way down.

The ones I saw were behind/ next to the asphalt company on the hwy, they were soo rusty, if they were hooked up, they were probably rusted through and would break. I wouldn't expect that every one be checked.. but don't think it would hurt to put a HRD in the area and walk them by any that are no longer in service.

http://dmjuice.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120925/NEWS/120925026/1001

snipped

The case has received a tremendous amount of local and national publicity, and some of it has scrutinized Morrissey because of his lengthy criminal history and ties to the local methamphetamine trade. Investigators say they have looked hard into Morrissey, who has denied any involvement and once stormed out of an interview with agents. They also have looked closely at his associates as well as numerous other tips and possibilities.

Hope Lyric and Lizzie are found soon. Like yesterday. This has gone on too long.

I am REALLY behind in these threads. I have been trying to catch up, but I have been incredibly busy since school began. I thought that having the house to myself during the days would open up my schedule. HA! Hahahahahaha! Ha. Ahhhhh. Agh. Ack. Sigh. Ugh.

Anyway, I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of you for maintaining this hope, for continuing this search, and for keeping these girls in your thoughts.

My son mentioned Lizzie this morning on the way home from school, and we counted the ribbons and signs from the school all the way to the other side of Waterloo and back. We drove past the Collins home on the way home from the store this evening. Yesterday we saw one of the mothers of the girls across the street from where I work. Barely an hour goes by that we're not reminded of Lyric and Lizzie, and I can't imagine what that is like for Drew, Heather, Misty, and Dan. I am getting the sense that something will break soon, but I can't tell if its just wishful thinking. As the harvest clears, and as autumn defoliates this gorgeous landscape, I'm hoping for a break.

I wish I had more time to keep up to date in this thread, but I'll have to settle for knowing that you are all still here, and it is comforting. Thank you.

Come home, girls. You are sorely missed.

I am REALLY behind in these threads. I have been trying to catch up, but I have been incredibly busy since school began. I thought that having the house to myself during the days would open up my schedule. HA! Hahahahahaha! Ha. Ahhhhh. Agh. Ack. Sigh. Ugh.

Anyway, I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of you for maintaining this hope, for continuing this search, and for keeping these girls in your thoughts.

My son mentioned Lizzie this morning on the way home from school, and we counted the ribbons and signs from the school all the way to the other side of Waterloo and back. We drove past the Collins home on the way home from the store this evening. Yesterday we saw one of the mothers of the girls across the street from where I work. Barely an hour goes by that we're not reminded of Lyric and Lizzie, and I can't imagine what that is like for Drew, Heather, Misty, and Dan. I am getting the sense that something will break soon, but I can't tell if its just wishful thinking. As the harvest clears, and as autumn defoliates this gorgeous landscape, I'm hoping for a break.

I wish I had more time to keep up to date in this thread, but I'll have to settle for knowing that you are all still here, and it is comforting. Thank you.

Come home, girls. You are sorely missed.

BBM

I am so UN-psychic that I am probably an anti-psychic. Any intuitions I have, it is probably safer to make the opposite assumption.

But I have been feeling the same way, that something is going to happen in this case soon. Something is stirring.

Tangential note: I know people who thought they'd have more time once they retired but after 3 months of it, they look back and wonder how they ever managed to fit working full time into their schedule.

Hm random late night thought. Apologies if we already went over this, I feel like it was discussed briefly before but not much.

IIRC Lizzie went to the lake at least one other time with the neighbor girls, and I got the impression that the neighbor girls went to the lake fairly often. I'm sifting through the old info to try and find it but this point sticks in my head. Is it possible the other girls rode bikes on a fairly predictable route and they were the target? Then "oops!" when they got Lizzie and Lyric instead? Could be and likely is totally off base... IMO and all. Another thought for consideration.

I'm not trying to sleuth or blame anyone in any of the families. I was just thinking it makes more sense for E'dale kids to be the target(s).

KRCG hasn't a clue about the sunshine law or at least the person I emailed at the news desk, a guy named Adam something. I have another email from ? that is looking into it. The last two emails I sent were around 5 so that was kind of late for a response. Darn time difference...

BBM

I am so UN-psychic that I am probably an anti-psychic. Any intuitions I have, it is probably safer to make the opposite assumption.

But I have been feeling the same way, that something is going to happen in this case soon. Something is stirring.

Tangential note: I know people who thought they'd have more time once they retired but after 3 months of it, they look back and wonder how they ever managed to fit working full time into their schedule.

Just wondering what you think is stirring? I thought the case would break a month ago, and nothing.

Whats everyones thoughts on why LE thinks te perp is local?

I just wonder why they think it's someone local. Did the evidence point that way, was there a tip called in?

I just wonder why they think it's someone local. Did the evidence point that way, was there a tip called in?

I assumed it was someone local because of the location of the bikes. That is, the easiest way to abduct someone from the bike location is via Maiden Lane, and I don't think anyone but someone familiar with the area (local) would know about Maiden Lane. Police may be thinking along the same lines ... or perhaps there is a different reason.

Otto, I agree, Maiden Lane is the perfect hidout, I couldn't believe how dark and hidden it is. On the street side by the pump house is also a walking path to the lake, I didn't walk all the way thru but could see that it was directly next to a residence and lead to the lake. If I had walked all the way thru that path I would of been on someones property.

I assumed it was someone local because of the location of the bikes. That is, the easiest way to abduct someone from the bike location is via Maiden Lane, and I don't think anyone but someone familiar with the area (local) would know about Maiden Lane. Police may be thinking along the same lines ... or perhaps there is a different reason.

I completely agree that it would take a local to know that location.

Just wondering what you think is stirring? I thought the case would break a month ago, and nothing.

Well, considering that I am practically the anti-psychic, in all probability nothing will happen.

What I feel may happen, I'm not sure. I just have a feeling that things are about to change.

Whats everyones thoughts on why LE thinks te perp is local?

I don't know why LE thinks the perp is local but I know why I think it is someone who lived in Evansdale.

I think that because of the position of the bicycles. I don't think it's a case of the bicycles being left somewhere else and some prankster kids riding them away. I think that the girls left the bicycles there (probably) or that the perpetrator placed the bicycles there (less probable).

That location just speaks of local knowledge to me. Someone who had used the nature trail and knew about that one surprisingly secluded spot. It's not apparent from across the lake how secluded that spot is and I'm not sure the seclusion can be spotted from the highway.

I think the perp was comfortable in that spot. Again, I'm not sure why I feel that way, I just do. It was hidden from the sight of most people and there was plenty of cover around the eastern end of that section of trail (the area where Maiden Lane is).

I think the perp lived in Evansdale up to maybe even the end of June (if he rented, leases usually end at the end of a month). And probably not more than 5 years ago (I think 3 years is more likely).

OH! I do know why I think he was comfortable there. He abducted two girls in the middle of the day. Not in the evening when shadows are long but kids are still out playing but during the day. During the day, it is much easier to see into other people's vehicles in traffic and yet, so far as we know, no one reported seeing two girls in someone's car.

He had a place he was comfortable hunting in and he was certain he could in some way prevent other drivers from seeing a girl in distress in his vehicle.

I don't know why LE thinks the perp is local but I know why I think it is someone who lived in Evansdale.

I think that because of the position of the bicycles. I don't think it's a case of the bicycles being left somewhere else and some prankster kids riding them away. I think that the girls left the bicycles there (probably) or that the perpetrator placed the bicycles there (less probable).

That location just speaks of local knowledge to me. Someone who had used the nature trail and knew about that one surprisingly secluded spot. It's not apparent from across the lake how secluded that spot is and I'm not sure the seclusion can be spotted from the highway.

I think the perp was comfortable in that spot. Again, I'm not sure why I feel that way, I just do. It was hidden from the sight of most people and there was plenty of cover around the eastern end of that section of trail (the area where Maiden Lane is).

I think the perp lived in Evansdale up to maybe even the end of June (if he rented, leases usually end at the end of a month). And probably not more than 5 years ago (I think 3 years is more likely).

OH! I do know why I think he was comfortable there. He abducted two girls in the middle of the day. Not in the evening when shadows are long but kids are still out playing but during the day. During the day, it is much easier to see into other people's vehicles in traffic and yet, so far as we know, no one reported seeing two girls in someone's car.

He had a place he was comfortable hunting in and he was certain he could in some way prevent other drivers from seeing a girl in distress in his vehicle.

I agree, which made me also believe they were taken and hidden kind of close by at first. But given that some locals said they were never even visited, they may have gotten away with that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HatariMama