IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMOO, it has been dangerous for young children to come from backgrounds were drugs are part of their lives.
Drugs/trials/little children/sex..........it keeps going on & on
Lyric and Elizabeth should be in school, having fun riding their bikes............
who has them?
where are they?
any interviews from relatives?
did father's drug trial start yet?
will he say names now?

I wanted to add to what nikb posted yesterday, that I had something similar happen in that in my early 20's I had a habit of going jogging early in the morning before my son or husband woke up. So early in fact that there was never a person or car out until one day I suddenly realized a car had crossed over onto the other side of the road right next to me and had slowed to my pace. Without even looking at the driver I took off running straight home I just knew the situation couldn't have been an innocent one. And maybe because I had been approached at 14 by a man that wanted me to get into his car I was just always alert. The time when I was 14 I luckily was in front of a little store , I went inside and used there phone to call home, no one was there, so I waited inside until he left . Then totally frighten walked home. He parked outside the store for what seemed like a half hour or more. I just didn't know what to do. I told my mom, she thought I was exaggerating, but there was a child a couple weeks later that went missing. I always look back and wished I had called the police or that my parents had taken me seriously.

I recall there having been a long discussion here regarding the rainfall the morning of July 13th.

All I remember about the rain was that, IIRC, it stopped abt 11:00 a.m.

Does anybody remember how much it rained that morning? Of course, it must not have been much if RC had to water yard in early afternoon?

I recall there having been a long discussion here regarding the rainfall the morning of July 13th.

Does anybody remember how much it rained that morning? Of course, it must not have been much if RC had to water yard in early afternoon?

I recall that discussion from pretty early, probably the first thread. Unfortunately, one local reported little rainfall and another reported heavier rain. Maybe it rained heavier in one area of town than another?

I believe someone even posted the rainfall statistics for that day. I'll go back and see if I can find it.

I recall that discussion from pretty early, probably the first thread. Unfortunately, one local reported little rainfall and another reported heavier rain. Maybe it rained heavier in one area of town than another?

I believe someone even posted the rainfall statistics for that day. I'll go back and see if I can find it.

Bless you! Everytime I venture away from current thread it takes me a l-o-n-g time to get back. lol

I know that I was headed towards Waterloo area that day and there were heavy moving showers. It was rainy I remember at 3pm because I had an appointment and got wet going to my car.

No, I can't (re: how they feel). I can't even imagine how heartbreaking it is for the families/loved ones. Even if the girls are returned safe and sound (unlikely but I'm trying to keep hoping!), these past 8+ weeks have to be pure agony.

I was looking for updates and saw the photos of the vigil held by Drew and Heather's church on Sept 13, the two month mark.

There are some lovely photos, but one that especially caught my eye was of Drew, Heather, and Lizzie's brother Kelly.

Her brothers face is a study in emotion, and it really drives home just what this family is suffering.

The emptiness and loss on their faces is just heartbreaking.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_e5ee619c-fe0f-11e1-a74a-001a4bcf887a.html

I know that I was headed towards Waterloo area that day and there were heavy moving showers. It was rainy I remember at 3pm because I had an appointment and got wet going to my car.
Wow...it's wonderful to have local perspective here...and it's great you had an appointment near Waterloo so that it was on your calendar/dayplanner so you know for sure which day you were there.

Couldn't you have arranged to have an appointment in Evansdale that day?!? <just spoofing ya> (:

Lyric has a birthday coming up..Oct 2 they are having a vigil at the Collins church for her..
This should be a happy time in both girls lives..school, friends, Halloween is coming,and the promise of snow..
Prayers for the family..

Since it had been raining that morning, perhaps one or both of the girls' bikes slipped on the wet road surface..perhaps skinning knees or even broken something and were picked up by someone in a vehicle that could transport them. This would most likely have occurred closer to 1:00 and somewhere on Gilbert or just off Gilbert if RC had already seen them.

It could even have been hit and run with the bikes being dropped on the trail and the purse set down there by the water by someone who didn't want any PD intervention.

MOO

Rainfall - IIRC it was decided there was little if any rain in Evansdale itself that actual day but still fairly deep puddles about from the day before.

IMO, the girls were there because they were meeting the abductor(s) there. It was prearranged, although probably not all that far in advance because one of the girls might have told someone about it. I tend to think this person made contact with at least one of the girls directly rather than online. I also think this person is well known to at least one girl's family. By well known, I don't necessarily mean "known" in a close friendship way, maybe a person who is generally well known in the community.

Again, JMO, and subject to change without notice

You could be right, of course. However, until we know more details, I think it could be either way.
But, of all the child abductions/murders I've followed that are not done by family members, they are not usually planned in advance with times and places set up. They're more or less random, or opportunistic, IMO.
Ok, by prearranged, you mean possibly a short time before they were taken. Like driving up beside them on their bikes and saying, "Hey, come on over to the lake/my place/wherever, I've got some cute puppies/kittens/baby rabbits you should see." I could see that, but they would have had to be fairly well acquainted with this person to fall for that, wouldn't they? At least Lyric is old enough to see through something that lame, IMO. I'm thinking back to when I was that age... I was pretty innocent and naive but unless I knew a grownup very well, I didn't trust them, especially to go to their house. But kids are more daring these days, so IDK.
But different theories and ideas are all good. Makes us think.

It almost to me seems that LE really thinks the perp is local. I sure hope they checked out all the RSO's not only Evansdale but Waterloo and surrounding areas. Im not sure but I think a RSO has to okay a lie detector test of anything else asked. Not to sure though.

It almost to me seems that LE really thinks the perp is local. I sure hope they checked out all the RSO's not only Evansdale but Waterloo and surrounding areas. Im not sure but I think a RSO has to okay a lie detector test of anything else asked. Not to sure though.

I'm guessing they have someone in mind. MOO

I know there were posts from locals about rainfall that day, but I'm developing a headache going through all the old threads.

Here's a link to weather statistics for that day, which indicates rainfall total for July 13, 2012 was .17 inch.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

I'm guessing they have someone in mind. MOO

I sure hope they do. It is always possible they don't as well... it is always a possibility that this is a Jarred Harrell type situation (re: perp in Sommer Thompson case)...

in other words an RSO waiting to happen.

I know there were posts from locals about rainfall that day, but I'm developing a headache going through all the old threads.

Here's a link to weather statistics for that day, which indicates rainfall total for July 13, 2012 was .17 inch.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

Thank you, Marilyn, for your efforts. You should have given up before it reached the headache point. Hope it's gone away now!

I studied the link you posted for Waterloo. Hmm...0.17" for Jul. 13 sure doesn't sound like a good soaking. I noticed they only had 0.18" for month-to-date. Just for curiosity, I checked all the way back to Mon. Jul. 9...there was 0.0" rain from then to Jul. 13th.

I was unable to pull up anything definitive for Evansdale on weather for the 13th. I might take a crack at trying to later.

Rainfall - IIRC it was decided there was little if any rain in Evansdale itself that actual day but still fairly deep puddles about from the day before.

IIRC, there was talk of little if any rain.

I think it was GrainneDhu..? Something about scattered, moving showers. Some areas were soaked, while others barely got a sprinkle.

Maybe she would confirm this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member