IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read that on JVM a source said the LE have some strong leads. They are also checking RSO's & people in the meth trade. Hmmm...

Interesting that they disappeared from a lake and were found near a river (there is also a pond right there).

No. Average walking speed 3 to 4 mph...less for kids...would have taken 8 hours. I've heard people say how did two kids get lured into vehicle? They don't have to be lured. In a desolate area they could have just been strong armed by one person. Of course, more than one person would make it even easier.

And if they were running away why not ride their bikes there instead of walking?

I felt that if one was threatened harm by the perp then the other one would comply to protect the other one. It really isnt hard to abduct children. They were alone with no help around. Out of fear they would do as he told them to do. They were just young children facing the worst monster they would ever see.:(

imo

I just read that on JVM a source said the LE have some strong leads. They are also checking RSO's & people in the meth trade. Hmmm...

Oh Dr. Know I am praying for these girls that LE does have strong leads....leads that leads to an arrest and conviction.

These girls deserves no less than full justice.

Do you know if they make meth around where they went missing? I know meth is affecting so many communites in our country nowadays.

IMO

I just heard these two precious girls bodies were found. I am glad that their family at least has some answers about where the girls are . . . I am heartbroken the confirmation is the children died. I had to come here as soon as I found out . . . I know all of the breaking news will be here.

I know it's highly improbable, but still it's possible that the girls traveled 23 miles on foot, isn't it? Is there any chance they were running away? Left their bikes at the lake so they could run across the highway? (Is the place where they were found on the other side of the highway from Meyers Lake?)

I dread the walk to get groceries and its less than 3 miles... I highly doubt they would walk that far. IMO

I'm so sad about this---you always hold out hope, KWIM? Now I guess I pray for comfort for the families in some way and a very fast arrest of the perp(s).

Hi wenwe, I was wondering when you'd be in. IKWYM. :(

Than I will lose all hope in humanity.

We can never lose hope cinder. We must remember there are millions upon millions of wonderful parents out there who love and care deeply about their children. Who would die trying to protect them.........not harm them.

The ones who murder their children is still extremely rare compared to the vast majority who do not.

But as I said, imo, they arent murderers but they are dysfunctional but that too seems to be more of the norm in families nowadays than a rarity.

IMO

I dread the walk to get groceries and its less than 3 miles... I highly doubt they would walk that far. IMO

I agree, and as another poster mentioned, why walk if you were on bikes? Nope. Doesn't track for me.

I never ever thought the parents or a meth dealer had anything to do with any of this. jmo

I know it's highly improbable, but still it's possible that the girls traveled 23 miles on foot, isn't it? Is there any chance they were running away? Left their bikes at the lake so they could run across the highway? (Is the place where they were found on the other side of the highway from Meyers Lake?)

That doesn't seem likely to me.

For one thing, 25-30 miles is further than I think most 8 and 10 year olds could manage. When I was in high school, I did a few 20 and 25 mile walk for a cause things and boy, that is really a long distance. It would probably have helped had I done some training first but I doubt Elizabeth or Lyric did any training for such a hike either.

The weather was quite hot at that time, which would add to the difficulty.

And I think two young girls walking like that would really stand out, particularly once they got away from the suburban area. People living out in the country would remember seeing two young girls and I am sure there would have been sightings reported.

All of the hairs on my arms stood up when I saw the news that their bodies were found. I am sad for the family, yet relieved that they at least can have some type of closure. I pray that law enforcement have some leads for an arrest soon to bring to justice whoever did this to these precious girls and their families.

A lot of deer hunting is just walking through the bush. Hunters might have certain "runs" that they walk year after year, but they aren't walking on a path, and so one year's walk could be a couple of hundred yards off from another year's. Except for those hunters who hunt from stands in trees, it would be impossible to predict what areas in the woods would not be traveled by hunters in any given year.

My hubby never hunts on the ground. He thinks its dangerous and cant get good view around him. He always is in a tree stand. He has several permanent stands set up all over our hunting land.

IMO

I have a very strong feeling that the location of where these girls were found may be a huge contributor as to who did this. I can only hope. You can't come across this park just "driving through". This person knew this park was there. It also creeps my crap out that where these girls went missing was also in a "secluded area" (the back side of the lake where it's all overgrown etc)...looks very familiar to 7 bridges.

I'm guessing this person had to have scoped the area out...and even possibly had it planned on the place where the bodies would be disposed of.

Kinda strange that both happened in a "park" location...someone connected to DNR maybe? Or an avid camper or outdoors person at a minimum...this is all too coincidental to be "chance".

<modsnip>. Hopefully, if anyone was covering for the killer under the guise the girls were alive will now come forward with the news they have been murdered. I can't help thinking this is a random sex crime by some child predator. The only alternative I can think of would be an adult close to them became angry and killed them.
Waiting for info on how they died. If they were clothed. If there was overkill. Head wounds etc. Anything that might indicate the motive.

Sorry for going off topic, wanted to let you know I am glad to see you posting. Looking foward to hearing your thouhts on this case.

And if they were running away why not ride their bikes there instead of walking?

I felt that if one was threatened harm by the perp then the other one would comply to protect the other one. It really isnt hard to abduct children. They were alone with no help around. Out of fear they would do as he told them to do. They were just young children facing the worst monster they would ever see.:(

imo

I agree.

Somewhere in these threads, someone posted about being abducted off her bicycle with a friend around the same age as Elizabeth and Lyric. The perp stood in their path and showed them a knife, ordered them to get off their bikes and come with him. He took them a little way off the bicycle path, exposed himself and then let them go.

Children don't think the same way adults do, they often don't react to unexpected situations the way adults do. I think many adults overestimate the difficulty of threatening a child into obedience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaravpatel