IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So very sad to hear this news! Prayers for the families of both of these beautiful girls. At least now their family can put them to rest and have a bit of closure.

I dont think a family member is going to be involved but thats just my opinion.

I always felt these families were highly dysfunctional but were not murderers of their own children.

IMO

But doing business with/hanging around with -- bad people -- could be a factor.

I think this is going to be exactly the way we saw it from the beginning, grabbed at the park. I just wish someone had seen the vehicle hanging around the park.
I am really sad this worked out this way. I just hope LE works quickly to pick up this guy or guys.

LE has insinuated, in my opinion, that someone associated with the family may be connected to this crime. Hopefully, if anyone was covering for the killer under the guise the girls were alive will now come forward with the news they have been murdered. I can't help thinking this is a random sex crime by some child predator. The only alternative I can think of would be an adult close to them became angry and killed them.
Waiting for info on how they died. If they were clothed. If there was overkill. Head wounds etc. Anything that might indicate the motive.

Really? I havent kept up with this case in months due to so many others happening.:( What did LE say that insinuated that someone associated with the family may be involved. You mean someone the family may have known? I do think that is possible. So many times we have seen that it will be a neighbor or someone from the same neighborhood.

I have a feeling this was not done out of anger but for lust and perversion motives of two innocent young girls.

I am not sure it is random like the girls didnt know the perp at all but you could be right since some predators seize on opportunities that present themselves like in Jessica Ridgeway and Somer Thompson's case. Predators can also pick their target(s) beforehand and watch their behavior patterns before they abduct them.

IMO

I'm so disgusted. To all of you who were here daily and on top of this thread - my condolences. I know that you lost your girls. I hope LE gets the swiftly. RIP to these little girls who didn't deserve this. Life can be so unfair.

Oh Dr. Know I am praying for these girls that LE does have strong leads....leads that leads to an arrest and conviction.

These girls deserves no less than full justice.

Do you know if they make meth around where they went missing? I know meth is affecting so many communites in our country nowadays.

IMO

The problem of meth labs has greatly reduced in the last five years, due to:

*the shake'n'bake method, which can be done in the backseat of a car; this makes it much more portable

*the Iowa law that took products containing pseudoephedrine behind the counter and requires anyone buying them to sign a register which puts their name into the statewide computer system and also mandates how much pseudoephedrine containing products any individual can buy in a month

*the cheapness and wide availability of meth made in Mexico

There are hardly any meth lab busts in Iowa these days; most meth arrests are either users or dealers who are part of organised crime networks.

I know it's highly improbable, but still it's possible that the girls traveled 23 miles on foot, isn't it? Is there any chance they were running away? Left their bikes at the lake so they could run across the highway? (Is the place where they were found on the other side of the highway from Meyers Lake?)

JMO, but I don't think that this is the case at all.

Really? I havent kept up with this case in months due to so many others happening.:( What did LE say that insinuated that someone associated with the family may be involved. You mean someone the family may have known? I do think that is possible. So many times we have seen that it will be a neighbor or someone from the same neighborhood.

I have a feeling this was not done out of anger but for lust and perversion motives of two innocent young girls.

I am not sure it is random like the girls didnt know the perp at all but you could be right since some predators seize on opportunities that present themselves like in Jessica Ridgeway and Somer Thompson's case. Predators can also pick their target(s) beforehand and watch their behavior patterns before they abduct them.

IMO

The way cops pressed dad -- seems they thought there might be some family involvement. But that's what LE does, espcially when there is any prior criminal behavior.

Not to beat a dead horse, although I have perfected my dead horse beating technique, but we still don't know where the girls were abducted from, only that their bikes were found at the lake, right?

Secluded place nearby to dump the bikes, secluded place not too far away to dump the bodies.

This makes me just sick to think about, but I really have to wonder if the perp snatched the girls, killed them and was back in time to help with the search. 21 miles is not that far by car.

I'm really hoping for an arrest tomorrow, but not banking on it.

The problem of meth labs has greatly reduced in the last five years, due to:

*the shake'n'bake method, which can be done in the backseat of a car; this makes it much more portable

*the Iowa law that took products containing pseudoephedrine behind the counter and requires anyone buying them to sign a register which puts their name into the statewide computer system and also mandates how much pseudoephedrine containing products any individual can buy in a month

*the cheapness and wide availability of meth made in Mexico

There are hardly any meth lab busts in Iowa these days; most meth arrests are either users or dealers who are part of organised crime networks.

Thank you.

All of the hairs on my arms stood up when I saw the news that their bodies were found. I am sad for the family, yet relieved that they at least can have some type of closure. I pray that law enforcement have some leads for an arrest soon to bring to justice whoever did this to these precious girls and their families.

Welcome to Websleuths!

I think it may be someone not discussed before. Someone that has flown under the radar and that is why LE has not made an arrest. But I havent seen all the people that everyone thought could be a suspect.

Or it could be someone they have already arrested under another charge we don't know about. I'm really afraid it's retribution against the Dad for giving names to LE.

The only reason I think it could be someone known to the girls is due to the distance they seemed to have been taken; often a random stranger will leave the body fairly close to home and not really do much out of the way to conceal it, since they are unlikely to be a suspect.

Not to beat a dead horse, although I have perfected my dead horse beating technique, but we still don't know where the girls were abducted from, only that their bikes were found at the lake, right?

Secluded place nearby to dump the bikes, secluded place not too far away to dump the bodies.

This makes me just sick to think about, but I really have to wonder if the perp snatched the girls, killed them and was back in time to help with the search. 21 miles is not that far by car.

I'm really hoping for an arrest tomorrow, but not banking on it.

I would not be shocked at all to learn that the perp joined in on the searches for the girls. Perfect cover and to fake concern.

I do think unfortunately that both girls were murdered shortly after being taken and discarded quickly. The perp would know they would be missed when they did not return home so he would want to act as quickly as he could.

IMO

I too hope an arrest is anounced.

No lead led LE to the bodies. Sher accidental discovery by hunters. So the technology forensic lead hinted at did not lead to the girls. Wonder if that means it is a false lead or unrelated to the girls.

Heard this news while I was cooking supper and as always it was a kick to the stomach. I have two granddaughters ages 9 and 10 and this case really hit close to home for me. So sad right now.

Sad to hear the news this afternoon, but glad they've been found. I believe it has to be someone local. Whether it was a stranger or someone they knew is the question. I do believe there will be an arrest. It's interesting that the reward was raised by an extra $100,000 last week and now they've been found.

IMO

I agree 100%. This isn't about a drug debt, it was about desire. A monster either way, and I pray justice will come swiftly for the girls. I think those hunters were their angels, they brought them home. The thought of their little bodies out in the cold, it brings me to tears. I pray justice is swift.

All of the hairs on my arms stood up when I saw the news that their bodies were found. I am sad for the family, yet relieved that they at least can have some type of closure. I pray that law enforcement have some leads for an arrest soon to bring to justice whoever did this to these precious girls and their families.

:welcome5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members