IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a barren and desolate looking place. The dead end sign only adds to that.

A9ctINQCUAIwIFG.jpg

KCRG ‏@KCRG
KCRG crew in Bremer Co. reports that white sheets are covering two spots inside wildlife area, near a bend in the river. #evansdalesearch

It's shocking to many how well hidden a body can be in a ditch or overgrowth. A teenage girl was hit nearby one night by a driver who did not stop. She was yards from her own driveway, but finding her body took quite a while. Longer than you'd think. I am relieved the girls were found, though saddened for all involved.

For those of you who have questions about the remains, this could be similar to the state Caylee Anthony was found. She was reported missing on July 15, 2008 and her remains discovered on December 11, 2008.

For those of you who have questions about the remains, this could be similar to the state Caylee Anthony was found. She was reported missing on July 15, 2008 and her remains discovered on December 11, 2008.

That's incredibly eerie of a time frame. I know it means nothing but wow. :what:

KCRG ‏@KCRG

KCRG crew in Bremer Co. reports that white sheets are covering two spots inside wildlife area, near a bend in the river. #evansdalesearch

https://twitter.com/KCRG

Thank you. That's a funny description, since the river bends continuously through the park. I'm thinking that they were found somewhere upstream (west) from where the water looks rough, and that police are searching along the road for evidence.

sevenrapids.jpg

That's incredibly eerie of a time frame. I know it means nothing but wow. :what:

I know there were some differences in the environments, like it is more humid and warm in FL and also the area where Caylee was found was likely more swampy. Also it is thought that Caylee died in June around the time her grandparents last saw her. I just hope and pray that they find enough evidence to convict someone.

I haven't had a chance to read all of the articles, but have they been pretty consistent in refering to "the bodies" and not "the remains"?

The perp(s) who took them isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

Now the girls have been found, they will be able to tell what happened to them.

Once you know where, and what, the next discovery is usually not far away - WHO.

I'm kind of puzzled though - not being a local - the papers say our girls were in a wooded area, but the photos are of empty fields?

:dunno:

Mark Carlson ‏@markwcarlson
Groups of investigators searching ditches near Seven Bridges Park where bones found in Bremer County #evansdalesearch pic.twitter.com/v5uAV4T7

A9c5WW8CIAABypO.jpg

Could the killer be a boater? Iirc, weren't the police looking for a boater at the time of the abduction? Looking to "talk" to a boater. Both Meyer's n Seven Bridges have boating access. Perhaps the perp(s) have a canoe or some other small boat and are familiar with both areas for that reason.

I'm kind of puzzled though - not being a local - the papers say our girls were in a wooded area, but the photos are of empty fields?

I don't think LE is letting the press get into the area where the girls were found at all. All the pictures are along the road heading into the area.

I will add, the wooded area is along the Wapsi river. So once you're away from the river, out of the valley, you're in farmland.

Otto has posted some aerial photos of the area. I'm thinking that the fields are as close as LE is allowing anyone else to the area. In some photos you can see the woods in the background behind the fields.

The perp(s) who took them isn't as clever as he thinks he is.

Now the girls have been found, they will be able to tell what happened to them.

Once you know where, and what, the next discovery is usually not far away - WHO.

the photos of the empty fields are leading up to the entrance of the wooded area (wildlife area) you have to remember that this is a very rural area with losts of farmland, rivers, and woods.

Mom's Facebook post confirms bodies found in woods are missing Iowa girls

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/0...l+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)#ixzz2EIUway51

For someone with such severe health issues, she has proven to be incredibly strong. I believe she and Drew have both been a great inspiration to many people. Misty is the one I worry about. She doesn't seem to be nearly as strong, doesn't seem to have as much support, and has lost her only daughter. I hope she (and all who need it) are able to get the necessary help. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required