IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no.......I logged in and saw 331 viewing this thread.................so sad....and I am very very angry....we are about to bury Daniel Morcombe here...once upon a time a rare occurrence a child being snatched of the street. But how many have we seen this year alone???? I don't know if it seems like there are more because of info overload due to technology or if it is happening more often. I wish the do gooders would just shut up and anyone convicted of molesting a child locked out of society and put in with the general jail population to sought them out and then made to do labour for the rest of their lives........please stop trying to "rehabilitate" them, in the majority of the cases it is not working and its making society more dangerous, so do gooders shut up!!! (not speaking toanyone on here, just having a rant)

It's the next county north. From here (3 mins from W'loo), I could be in Bremer in minutes. I had not realized that LE did not release where the bodies were found. I heard from family members who were at the press conference. Obviously awaiting ID, but they called the family to the station because they were fairly certain, from what I understand, that it was the girls bodies.

The way the lake was swarmed the night they went missing (by me and several hundred others), I can understand why they didn't release the location where they were found yet. I can also understand the confusion by media trying to get the story out quickly.

So my first thought is that they would have had to have been driven to Bremer County, but from your information, they could have gone there on their own by bicycle or foot. Where were the bicycles found? That seems to be a key piece of info.

I know absolutely nothing about hunting and won't start to give you my views on it, but taking a look at Bremer county, there ain't a whole lot of wooded areas that could be suitable for this... 'sport'.

There is however, Sweet Marsh State Wildlife Management Area, which looks to me to be an 'official' hunting spot.

There is a link to the information sheet on the area.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/uploads/wildlife/wmamaps/sweet_marsh.pdf

If you look at it on googlemaps with a map rather than satellite view, you will see there is a heck of a lot of water around there.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bremer+county&hl=en&ll=42.823736,-92.237263&spn=0.100598,0.154324&hnear=Bremer,+Iowa,+United+States&gl=uk&t=m&z=13

This is purely speculation on my part, not fact, JMO, MOO

I am from Bremer County - now living in Black Hawk County- and I can assure you that there are many areas that are wooded in heavy timber which is quite suitable for hunting. In fact, 150 years ago the area used to be referred to as "Big Woods".

I'm sure they would be skeletal. JMO

I guess what I meant was, how much of the skeletal remains would be present. That is if animals were not involved in carrying some away. Would the whole skeleton remain.?

Please leave your porchlight on for Lyric and Elizabeth tonght!

It's the next county north. From here (3 mins from W'loo), I could be in Bremer in minutes. I had not realized that LE did not release where the bodies were found. I heard from family members who were at the press conference. Obviously awaiting ID, but they called the family to the station because they were fairly certain, from what I understand, that it was the girls bodies.

The way the lake was swarmed the night they went missing (by me and several hundred others), I can understand why they didn't release the location where they were found yet. I can also understand the confusion by media trying to get the story out quickly.

Oops, should of read this before posting.:blushing:

Based on aerial map view,I am going to speculate the woods that the Wapsipinicon River runs through, to the east of Readlyn, by about 2 miles. 42.7021, -92.1764
There is also woods along Crane Creek, which appears about 2 & a half miles to the NW of Readlyn. 42.7260, -92.2738
The Readlyn area is app.20 miles north of Evansdale.

Does that sound accurate Ollipop? As far as wooded areas that might be where hunting is allowed?

My sympathy to you and your family and community.
May the perp(s) be caught!

So awful. But thank goodness they were found. And on the last day of hunting season. So thankful they will at least have the girls brought home.

But now to find out who, so these parents and families can have answers. I hope Lyric and Lizzie are able to "tell" their story to the investigators.

Love, light, and peace to the girls and their loved ones. :rose:

Not that it really matters but there are a slew of hunting seasons for deer in Iowa. Today was the last day of season one for shotgun but season two for shotgun starts tomorrow.

This confirms to me that the person or persons responsible for the deaths of these angels is a local.

So sad to read this news but share the emotion of previous posters of thankfulness that now their loved ones can lay them to rest properly. Prayers for everyone who loves them and for the investigators to find the evidence they need to make an arrest.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

My husband is from that area and he said 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area is where tons of people hunt...and it's very secluded. It has a long long lane to a dead end turn around. He said there is an open field to the left and the river to the right and timber straight ahead that could easily be in and out without anyone seeing them.

Also Buck Creek Wildlife area has a long lane down into the timber/river where parking is very secluded.

At least we know SOMEONE is responsible for this...these girls didn't get there on their own. Hopefully evidence is still there.

This person is a local...no way around it.

On HLN they said they spoke to Wylma, the family is meeting at the church this evening.
Their info also says Bremer County.

My husband is from that area and he said 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area is where tons of people hunt...and it's very secluded. It has a long long lane to a dead end turn around. He said there is an open field to the left and the river to the right and timber straight ahead that could easily be in and out without anyone seeing them.

At least we know SOMEONE is responsible for this...these girls didn't get there on their own. Hopefully evidence is still there.

I'm thinking that is where they were found according to my rewind on the scanner there was a 911 call to go to 7 Bridges, That dispatch would fill LE in on the details on the way..

So sad and angry..Even when "why " is answered..It still won't be enough..

I have read that they can do all sorts of things forensically with wooded areas.

If they had a suspicious vehicle, they can test it for pollens and soil.

If there is a unique combination of soil type and pollens at the scene, it can be used as proof that someone driving x car, was also at the scene.

Now they have the girls, they will tell their own story.

Justice is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members