IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so so sad, relieved that they have been found, but incredibly sad that its not the news we have wanted for so long.

I can't imagine two bodies being found together could be anyone except for the girls.

But I do wonder at the wording earlier, before the PC, saying that they were waiting as "no one would want to miss this" or words to that effect; that made me feel that they had some good news, not the worst possible. I found it strange anyway. It was posted earlier, no link at the moment, some pages back.

BBM I know cluciano, I heard that, too. Thought it was going to be positive news. When Abden said "2 bodies", ugh!

Bremer is about 20-25 miles north of Meyers Lake. They said wooded area and I see a lot of woods to the east of Readlyn, IA.

One thing that stood out that he said in the presser was we will notifiy you (the press) ahead of time if anything happens before the scheduled 4 pm presser tomorrow. Not his words but close.

I hope that means they might be arresting someone asap.

Bremer is about 20-25 miles north of Meyers Lake. They said wooded area and I see a lot of woods to the east of Readlyn, IA.

One thing that stood out that he said in the presser was we will notifiy you (the press) ahead of time if anything happens before the scheduled 4 pm presser tomorrow. Not his words but close.

I figured they meant if they had official ID's sooner.

Is the news conf anywhere online? I would like to watch it.

I'm sure they will.

I expect an arrest any day now, mind you, I have since July. :(

I guess we can exclude the possibility of human trafficking now.

I bet my house the girls were murdered the day they disappeared.

:sick:

I know absolutely nothing about hunting and won't start to give you my views on it, but taking a look at Bremer county, there ain't a whole lot of wooded areas that could be suitable for this... 'sport'.

There is however, Sweet Marsh State Wildlife Management Area, which looks to me to be an 'official' hunting spot.

There is a link to the information sheet on the area.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/uploads/wildlife/wmamaps/sweet_marsh.pdf

If you look at it on googlemaps with a map rather than satellite view, you will see there is a heck of a lot of water around there.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bremer+county&hl=en&ll=42.823736,-92.237263&spn=0.100598,0.154324&hnear=Bremer,+Iowa,+United+States&gl=uk&t=m&z=13

This is purely speculation on my part, not fact, JMO, MOO

I'm at a loss. I just always hoped that one day they'd come home. Now I want justice with a fury the likes of which I must keep to myself. God bless you baby girls. I hope you are dancing with kittens, puppies, unicorns and eating cupcakes the size of you head.

2 different men with the same address....did you notice that?

I noticed the one that has an address with this after it "IN CAMPER IN BACK YARD, WAVERLY."

At this moment, I'm wanting to find whoever did this.

Question for sleuths who might know anything about forensics. If the bodies lay in the woods since last July, what would the decomp be? Iowa was very hot so I would think all they found were skeletal.

Olli, is that anywhere near Waterloo?

Tia.

It's the next county north. From here (3 mins from W'loo), I could be in Bremer in minutes. I had not realized that LE did not release where the bodies were found. I heard from family members who were at the press conference. Obviously awaiting ID, but they called the family to the station because they were fairly certain, from what I understand, that it was the girls bodies.

The way the lake was swarmed the night they went missing (by me and several hundred others), I can understand why they didn't release the location where they were found yet. I can also understand the confusion by media trying to get the story out quickly.

Are there other lakes?

Iowa is covered with bodies of water, anywhere from less than an acre to relatively large bodies of water covering several square miles. Almost anywhere you go in Iowa, you're within a mile of a body of water of an acre or more (not counting seasonal ponds which hold water for only part of the year).

In the summer, my husband and I joke about the Iowa jungle. Iowa sits on top of some of the most fertile soil in the world and in the summer, everything grows like crazy (even in a drought year). It doesn't surprise me that it took until the foliage had died back for someone to find their bodies.

Yes...KMTV's report is incorrect. That is a station in Omaha, NE, I believe. I suppose, relative to Omaha, Meyers Lake is close to where they were found, but I personally have heard from family that the bodies were found by hunters in Bremer County, north of here.

I live across the road from Meyers Lake, I've been here most of the day. There is no hunting anywhere near Meyers Lake, we are well within city limits. There has been no LE activity at the lake whatsoever today as far as I've seen.

I also want to say that there would be no hunting within city limits and Meyers lake is in city limits for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member