IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is from that area and he said 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area is where tons of people hunt...and it's very secluded. It has a long long lane to a dead end turn around. He said there is an open field to the left and the river to the right and timber straight ahead that could easily be in and out without anyone seeing them.

At least we know SOMEONE is responsible for this...these girls didn't get there on their own. Hopefully evidence is still there.

BBM

Is this in Bremer County? I haven't heard 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area mentioned before. TIA

ETA: Never mind, I just looked it up.

http://www.mycountyparks.com/county/Bremer/Park/Seven-Bridges-Wildlife-Area.aspx

So my first thought is that they would have had to have been driven to Bremer County, but from your information, they could have gone there on their own by bicycle or foot. Where were the bicycles found? That seems to be a key piece of info.

No. Your first thought is correct. There is no way they got there by themselves. It's about 20 miles.

Thinking back on it, what a miracle these girls were found. A miracle. If they hadn't been located, I think how much worse this would be....the not knowing, the always looking...and not having at least the opportunity to look for a perp.

I just feel very sad, as you all do as well. But I'm thankful in a strange sort of way.

I think I understand how you feel.

My mother's grandfather went missing and was presumed dead in action somewhere in France during WWI. My mother's grandmother held onto a sliver of hope for the rest of her life that he was still alive and would come back home to them one day.

Awful as it sounds, it is better to know for sure.

My husband is from that area and he said 7 Bridges Park Wildlife Area is where tons of people hunt...and it's very secluded. It has a long long lane to a dead end turn around. He said there is an open field to the left and the river to the right and timber straight ahead that could easily be in and out without anyone seeing them.

Also Buck Creek Wildlife area has a long lane down into the timber/river where parking is very secluded.

At least we know SOMEONE is responsible for this...these girls didn't get there on their own. Hopefully evidence is still there.

This person is a local...no way around it.

Yep.

And the motive was obviously not trafficking...trafficked humans are only valuable when they are alive.

Once we know if there was a sexual assault or not (I'm guessing NOT) then that will narrow down the motive even more.

This confirms to me that the person or persons responsible for the deaths of these angels is a local.

so, why did LE say no one else was in danger at the time?
If it is in fact the girls and they were murdered, I would quite concerned.

We never did figure out where Misty took the girls swimming, did we?

It was a lake, not Meyers, but did we ever know which one they went to?

The lake they swam at is in George Wyth State Park

Such sad news !!! I'm still wondering if this perp was someone known to the girls.
I know that strangers DO abduct kids; I just feel it happens rarely.

RIP, Lyric and Elizabeth !

says the bodies were found near Myers Lake. Interesting that these bodies were not found during earlier and repeated searches in that area, no?

I think Ollipop, as a verified insider, probably has the right location. If Ollipop was correct, then Readlyn (the rumoured place they were found) is sort of close to Meyer's Lake but a good 20-30 miles away.

So it's closer than it is to Des Moines but not really close in terms of searching.

As I recall, the search was around the southeast parts of the Waterloo/Cedar Falls metroplex.

Sad news but I'm very glad they've at least been found. RIP.
I do hope they catch whoever did this.

I'd need to go back to thread #1 or #2, but I'm pretty sure someone did post the name of the lake where Misty took the girls to swim. I'll look and see what it was.

ETA: Never mind, I see CoeTrack is waaay ahead of me. George Wyth was where they swam.

so, why did LE say no one else was in danger at the time?
If it is in fact the girls and they were murdered, I would quite concerned.

Thats what angers me about this case. All children are in danger.

Yep.

And the motive was obviously not trafficking...trafficked humans are only valuable when they are alive.

Once we know if there was a sexual assault or not (I'm guessing NOT) then that will narrow down the motive even more.

The motive is going to be for the perp's own personal sexual gratification, imo. I never thought these girls were abducted for trafficking purposes.

He may be a closet pedo in the neighborhood. Someone the girls had seen regularly and felt he was harmless.

I dont they will be able to determine if sexual assault ocurred if the remains are skeletonized by now.

They may have a prayer if some of the clothing was left with the bodies and hopefully it has retained some DNA evidence. I do not know how much rain they have gotten in that area this year.

I am so heartbroken to know these children are deceased but in my heart of hearts I always felt they were killed shortly after being abducted.

At least we know they were transported in a vehicle to where they were found.

I just hope and pray that LE has had a suspect in mind all along and was waiting to find the bodies.

IMO

It was named in the initial statements being given by family at the beginning of this case. It was in the next town over and I cannot recall the name of it now but it was named.

Perhaps on hollye's case map. I have only just gotten home so forgive this question. I have not read to catch up to speed on this development, have the bodies been identified as the girls or even as juvenile females yet?

I think we are all asuming but hws it been announced as the girls yet?

Aw sheesh, sorry, just trying to absorb

ETA GEORGE WYETHE LAKE WAS THE SWIMMING SPOT

Cinder, you asked about the girls bodies being out in the woods for a long time. I'll try to remember to post info on that tomorrow. I don't want to tonight. I hope the girls hold the clue to who harmed them. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member