IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - so if you search for RSOs in the area where the bodies were found. I see an address (mobile home park) that 5---FIVE----RSOs reside at that is between the town they were abducted from and the 7 bridges area.

They live in Denver at Rt 63 (Larabee) and 270....

Can I post the names? I forget the rules on that...

yes you can.. we just cannot "sleuth" them if you will.

Hi all, I've lurked here for years and several cases but I don't think I've ever posted...I have lived in Iowa my entire life. I see a lot of you posting that you do not think the bodies were hidden very well or were left out in the open. I just want to clarify that in July when the girls went missing, those trees would have been so thick with leaves that you would never have been able to see in like you can in the recent photos. Our forests are dense with a lot of underbrush and debris(branches and what not) During the summer months the grass they are laying in would have been waist high on an adult. You could literally be standing right next to something and not be able to see it. Although many, many people enjoy parks like this in Iowa, most hikers would stick to some kind of trail (even if it was primitive) and not go off the beaten path. Hunters are different, they are specifically walking off the beaten path in order to scare up whatever it is they are hunting and now that it has frosted, the grass is laying down so they would have been able to see.

I hope that helps you guys from out of the area picture what it might have been like a bit more.

I was surprised that what says "reserve" on the map, doesn't mean the critters can't get shot.

That's not what a "nature reserve" means in Australia.

ah! Yes, lots of critter shooting goes on at this time of year. My dog is scared to death the whole time as he is gun shy and we hear guns going off all day long during rifle season.

There was quite an uproar about a week or so after the girls disappeared, another wierd craigslist poster (I believe it's the same person who wrote the creepy poems-The word usage in the bridges posts was just too similar with the creepy poems for me to not consider the possibility) anyhow, they insinuated to look "under bridges" in fayette and bremer counties. I recall it very well, I had actually commented about it to my mother at the time- about the strange craigslist poster and that I hoped LE had been notified.
I believe LE was notified and that LE searched literally under bridges in Fayette and Bremer counties, but I don't know if 7 bridges park was specifically searched at the time.
It's a big world when you're looking for two little girls.

Ugh...coincidence?

Or not?

:furious:

welcome to websleuths suzikay1! :cheer:
and thanks for that information about the area

I was surprised that what says "reserve" on the map, doesn't mean the critters can't get shot.

That's not what a "nature reserve" means in Australia.

I believe everything says "wildlife area" not "wildlife reserve" they are, in fact, two different things.

What a lovely idea! Will you wrap the gifts in pink?

Speaking of pink, I'm bracing myself to see people attending the funeral(s) dressed in pink. ):

I hadn't thought of wrapping them in pink, but that's a nice idea.

O/T in a way - when my 102 year old grandma died a few years back, she was buried in a beautiful pink casket. Pink was her favorite color, and is just seemed so appropriate for her.

I, too, expect to see a lot of people wearing pink when these girls are buried.

There was quite an uproar about a week or so after the girls disappeared, another wierd craigslist poster (I believe it's the same person who wrote the creepy poems-The word usage in the bridges posts was just too similar with the creepy poems for me to not consider the possibility) anyhow, they insinuated to look "under bridges" in fayette and bremer counties. I recall it very well, I had actually commented about it to my mother at the time- about the strange craigslist poster and that I hoped LE had been notified.
I believe LE was notified and that LE searched literally under bridges in Fayette and Bremer counties, but I don't know if 7 bridges park was specifically searched at the time.

OMG...you are so right!!! i remember that now. that is so weird and I hope LE is looking into that.

Is it 4 yet? Anxious for this danged presser. Meds makin me sleepy. Scared I will fall aslep and miss it.

We won't let you. :)

I wish you guys had been looking out for me before the thread changed for, at that point, I "came to" and finally realized that my bladder was just about to burst!!!! :)

While various searches were conducted, I can't recall ever hearing about Seven Bridges until yesterday. And I've been following this case very closely.

So I'd hazard a guess and say this area was not part of an official search for the girls.

Someone on twitter is saying Seven Bridges was mentioned on July 21 on the FB website as a place to search.

Hi all, I've lurked here for years and several cases but I don't think I've ever posted...I have lived in Iowa my entire life. I see a lot of you posting that you do not think the bodies were hidden very well or were left out in the open. I just want to clarify that in July when the girls went missing, those trees would have been so thick with leaves that you would never have been able to see in like you can in the recent photos. Our forests are dense with a lot of underbrush and debris(branches and what not) During the summer months the grass they are laying in would have been waist high on an adult. You could literally be standing right next to something and not be able to see it. Although many, many people enjoy parks like this in Iowa, most hikers would stick to some kind of trail (even if it was primitive) and not go off the beaten path. Hunters are different, they are specifically walking off the beaten path in order to scare up whatever it is they are hunting and now that it has frosted, the grass is laying down so they would have been able to see.

I hope that helps you guys from out of the area picture what it might have been like a bit more.

Thank you for sharing! I agree 100% with you, if it wasn't a good hiding area then why did it take 5 month to find their bodies? If you ask me it was the perfect spot to leave the bodies. It's not like the bodies were dumped in a city park, they were dumped 21 miles from town in the rurals, in a wooded area.

oh! I remember that now! And we had quite the bit of you in hot water over posting craigslist stuff didn't we
:nurse:

j/k

(kinda)

wow.. can anyone recall if that was called in as a tip??? I think it was iirc

bump

timeline and media thread is up here

Ok - so if you search for RSOs in the area where the bodies were found. I see an address (mobile home park) that 5---FIVE----RSOs reside at that is between the town they were abducted from and the 7 bridges area.

They live in Denver at Rt 63 (Larabee) and 270....

Can I post the names? I forget the rules on that...

I think posting a link to the registry site containing the pertinent info would be within TOS ad we can folow the breadcrumbs you provided in your post.

Throw up a link of what you are looking :)

Nursie, would that be okay? Please and thank you.

I'm forever the optimist. Is it possible they just got lost? I mean, no matter what its awful, but what if they got lost and died in the elements? I'm trying to read up on this one so if otherwise I will delete!

Lost? 22 miles from where they got off their bikes? That's one heck of a walk...

Tara Thomas ‏@tarathomas7
7 Bridges was mentioned on Facebook as a place to search July 21. Sharing a screenshot sent to me. #evansdalesearch pic.twitter.com/6KyZgylQ

Geez....I wonder if those people searched the area back then! If they checked that spot and the girls weren't there on that date then they can help narrow the timeline for LE...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member