IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a link I've always used.
https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/ESAWebApp//DefaultFrame

Type in Chad M Fitz to get the right one, there are several. Also note when his ends and it goes to Fitzpartick or Fitzgerald - can't remember now. The sex offenses are there and it took from 2006 to 2009 to get him to prison and he was out by Feb 2011 and arrested again for a minor traffic violation by May 13th of 2011. Note the charge - I've never seen that description before - to inflict pain or something similar. Made me want to vomit. :furious:

I also found some of his charges prior to the sex offenses to be a bit disturbing considering the circumstances, it made me think he was out trolling for a victim. Failure to maintain proper lookout, dark windows, and careless driving. Than again, after the sex offenses there are more, dark windows, possession of a controlled substance, and stopping on traveled portion.

Than on 05/13/2011 he was charged with failure to have a registration which means he is probably currently driving, but maybe not legally.

Information from https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/E...//DefaultFrame

Thanks - I'm a former paralegal used to looking at court websites, and yet I still wasn't able to find anything on his criminal charges. I was typing in his entire middle name, but the criminal charges use only his middle initial.
That's why I searched the newspaper archives to find the info. ... Score!

wonder where CMF works?

I believe I know, but I don't know how much sleuthing we are allowed to do on an RSO who has not been named a suspect. I have PM'ed a moderator but haven't gotten a reply, so I'll hold off on posting any info I have until I get the okay from a mod.

That's why I searched the newspaper archives to find the info. ... Score!

Drat, I knew I shouldn't have let my subscription lapse.

ETA: I noticed that he is 5'11", but only 127 lbs. That's pretty thin for his height, IMO.

totally awesome! I was working on the same thing because we may learn more info re: girls @ 7 Bridges & want to know what is going on.

we can also add things we know to it also ... like the text to other cousin's cell w/*advertiser censored*

BBM

:waitasec: I'm not sure, but I don't think this is anything that was reported in MSM.

"They keep looking at the lake, but they're not in there," Cook (Lyric's grandmother) said Wednesday. Authorities "wouldn't listen to none of us."

In other developments Wednesday:

Authorities searched the attic of Wylma Cook's home. Lyric and her mother Misty Cook-Morrissey had been living in the residence (grandmother's house in Waterloo)."

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-19/iowa-girls-search/56329148/1

Late this afternoon I spoke with a woman who has been following this
case closely. This woman maintains there were news reports of an
abduction attempt against Lyric, in Waterloo, a week or so before the
girls went missing at Evansdale.

Is there any truth to this report? Does anyone know of such a report that
was reported in the news at Waterloo or elsewhere ?

abduction attempt against Luric, in Waterloo, a week or so before the

georger, I think the woman was confused. There was an incident a week or so before Lyric and Lizzie were abducted. Lyric and another cousin were late getting back home, and the family was about to call the police when she returned home. Let me look for a link and I'll post it.

Hm... seems I recall that particular cabinet place related to A) a family member and B) an employee... who also is related to the owner of a house near the place the bikes were found.

YESSSSSSSSS.....I remember it the same way. Lots of connections back to that cabinet company it seems.

According to white pages, Lawn Watering Man lives on the corner of Lake and Gilbert Drive.

I don't recall that Mr C ever specified to the media on which road he saw them. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall only that he said they would go by his house then turn around at the end of the street. I think anything beyond that was speculated?

Can someone explain this to me a little more, I trying to catch up here

Just came home from work to find some interesting information here. Great Sleuthing Chelsea! Now I just need to go back and read.....so I can be caught up!

I also found some of his charges prior to the sex offenses to be a bit disturbing considering the circumstances, it made me think he was out trolling for a victim. Failure to maintain proper lookout, dark windows, and careless driving. Than again, after the sex offenses there are more, dark windows, possession of a controlled substance, and stopping on traveled portion.

Than on 05/13/2011 he was charged with failure to have a registration which means he is probably currently driving, but maybe not legally.

Information from https://www.iowacourts.state.ia.us/E...//DefaultFrame

Failure to have a registration means not being able to show the nice officer the vehicle ownership. It's not usually cause for having one's driver's license suspended.

Failure to maintain a proper lookout is a common charge in fender-benders. Likewise careless driving.

Failure to have a registration means not being able to show the nice officer the vehicle ownership. It's not usually cause for having one's driver's license suspended.

Failure to maintain a proper lookout is a common charge in fender-benders. Likewise careless driving.

In Minnesota, failure to register a car means you license tabs are expired. Is it different there?

According to white pages, Lawn Watering Man lives on the corner of Lake and Gilbert Drive.

I don't recall that Mr C ever specified to the media on which road he saw them. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall only that he said they would go by his house then turn around at the end of the street. I think anything beyond that was speculated?

Can someone explain this to me a little more, I trying to catch up here

Mr C is an older man who is a resident of Evansdale. He lives on a street corner (Lake and Gilbert) that is somewhat close to Meyer's Lake but not really on a direct line for either the eastern or western routes from the Collins house to Meyer's Lake.

He said that he had seen Elizabeth riding her bicycle near his home on several occasions; this was puzzling since Elizabeth's mother and grandmother said that Elizabeth had never ridden her bicycle down to Meyer's Lake before. Was Elizabeth going further away on her bicycle than her mother and grandmother realised? Was Mr C mistaken in his identification (one 8 year old girl looks much like another)? Or could it have been a slight miscommunication, where Elizabeth's mother and grandmother meant she was not allowed to ride her bicycle alone to the lake but there were other times when she was with her older siblings or a parent when she could go to the lake? Many possibilities.

He said that on 13 July, when his wife was at her part time job, he was watering his lawn between 12 noon and 3 pm; he was sure he'd seen Elizabeth and Lyric on their bicycles that day, somewhere between 12:30 pm and 3:00 pm.

Since his street wasn't on any direct route to the lake, this was also puzzling. Could it be that Elizabeth (and Lyric) had only been to the lake once and they were just following the route they'd previously ridden without realising there was a more direct route? Were Elizabeth and Lyric just riding around randomly for the fun of it? Could it be a case of mistaken eyewitness identification? Could Mr C have seen the girls on a previous day and made a mistake as to which day it was? Again, many possibilities.

In Minnesota, failure to register a car means you license tabs are expired. Is it different there?

I believe that in Iowa, the charge for that is... <ta da> expired license tags!

In Iowa, the law requires you to carry your vehicle registration and proof of insurance at all times.

I believe that in Iowa, the charge for that is... <ta da> expired license tags!

In Iowa, the law requires you to carry your vehicle registration and proof of insurance at all times.

I should have known that, you're supposed to have it here too, :blushing:

My DD just recently got a ticket because her registration stickers had expired. But it was a ' fix-it' ticket. In other words, all she had to do was go to the Dmv, pay for the reg renewal, and get the ticket signed off. No reason for her license to be suspended, UNLESS she refused to follow those steps.

abduction attempt against Luric, in Waterloo, a week or so before the

I think the woman is mixing up something that did happen about a week earlier. Lyric and her cousin (I think it might be the one that was arrested for drug use at the end of July???) said that they were going to a park. They did not return home when expected, so some of the family went to the park to look for them. They were not there. Just at the time when the family was going to call the police, Lyric came home.

Bottom line ... no truth to a rumor that Lyric was almost abducted a week earlier.

georger, I think the woman was confused. There was an incident a week or so before Lyric and Lizzie were abducted. Lyric and another cousin were late getting back home, and the family was about to call the police when she returned home. Let me look for a link and I'll post it.

Gosh, that took longer than I thought, but here's the link:

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/07/17/iowa-girl-went-missing-days-earlier

Quoting Dan:

This had just happened probably four days before that where she was supposed to go to, you know, a certain destination and then come back and after a while she hadn't come back. They went to that destination and she wasn't there

Wow. I had not seen this letter since I stopped following the girls' story in September. Boy, my heart goes out to the family. I am grieved for them. I am not bashing them at all, atleast I don't intend to, but speaking as a therapist, this was a really bad letter. I can totally see how this would infuriate an abductor and cause him to have to do something with the energy created by his anger. OF COURSE I'm not blaming the family. Of course no one is responsible except the perp. or perps. Of course I have no idea if the girls were killed before or after this letter or if the perp./perps. have even seen this letter; but, every action has the potential to instigate a reaction, and I can see how a person who has no empathy, who cares only about self-gratification, and who is already sick, twisted, prideful, etc. would lash out to the Collins. He probably hates every good thing that they stand for.

Agree. The letter is obtuse, bizarre, hysterical? The perp may never have
read it.

What is beginning to impress itself on me is just how screwed up these
girls environment was - an explosive situation by any measure. And then
"this" happens! One cannot help but wonder if there is a connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member