IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the pics of LE next to the sheets didn't cover where the bodies were actually found? I know it seems crazy, but maybe they were found separate from what the sheets were covering? Maybe they were killed in one place and moved to another and the sheets maybe covered where they were killed?:waitasec:

Yes, we are seeing the scene after they found it, not before, so we really have no way of knowing.

I'm thinking they had to clear it all out too, to even get access.

Which all goes to underline how difficult it would be to carry two dead weights in that far.

145lb of dead person weighs a ton. Try carrying a 10lb baby around for 15 minutes, they get heavy as rocks. Add in wading through trees, sticks, undergrowth, and you've got a difficult 500 ft journey indeed.

:dunno:

He was asked by the media the first week about safety precautions for the public and he replyed to stay vigilant....as you always should.
You can talk about the precautions to your kids till your blue in the face, but they're kids, and forget ...heck I found myself with my guard down a few times and gave myself a good talking to. ie: ("You idiot") lol

It's really is sad and a shame that we can't be that helping and nice person we all want to be at times; and I'm furious I can no longer go walking or "wogging" on the trails any longer and have to breath the fumes of urbana along with it's noises. No longer enjoy the smell of honeysuckle, the fresh dampness or the chirping of birds amist the silence of the woods. :furious:

Urbana stinks? :floorlaugh: Nahhhhh...

I am not a fan of Urbana...and that is all I'm going to say about that. :blushing:

IDK about the trees, really, as far as when they may have been cut, but I got SERIOUS chills reading that snippet of info.

This past weekend I just posted a case in Cold Cases of a little girl, Stephanie Lynn Hebert, found murdered in LA in 1978. She disappeared in June and her skeletal remains were found in late November by a hunter. Her remains appeared to have been bound to a tree.

The murder remains unsolved. :(

A girls size 4 is the same as a woman's size 6. I have an 11yr old daughter. Sometimes I buy her women's size small for slippers, flip flops, etc instead of the girl's x-tra large, because they are easier to find.

According to the early descriptions, these are the flip flops Lyric was last seen in. . .

MuppetFLIPflopsMENS.jpg

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/16/missing-iowa-cousins-vanish-while-riding-bikes

Thank you!! I could have sworn that Lyric had the high tops, and that they purple.

Totally agree.

My ex husbands feet were huge, but everything else about him was small.

:p

OMG! Just spewed wine out of my nose!

Ahem. Yes. I know it's a school night. But both DH and DD are away for the night and I have a wedge of bella vitano cheese, a honeycrisp apple and a bottle of cab.

And honestly some things are easier to process when ever so slightly relaxed. I hugged my DD so tight last night when she was bunked in with me. :(

Not that I think your theory is driven by novocaine, at all...:D

A perp nailing messages to trees goes against the laws of KISS, in my view, but I'm right with you on everything else.

Can someone please explain what this means? Thanks!

RE: freshly cut tree stumps

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...ion_12862912-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html

Several freshly cut tree stumps surround the area where officials investigated the finding of the bodies of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins, that were discovered by hunters last week, in Seven Bridges Park in Readlyn, Iowa on Monday, Dec. 10, 2012..

Due to the proximity to the river, the explanation could have been as simple as beavers.
More than likely they were downed for firewood for campfires.
There have been many abductions past where the victims were secured to trees. Abduction victim Meredith Hope Emerson-2008-GA was chained to a tree in the forest.
Normally the trees used for this purpose were much larger in diameter than the ones shown in the photo, for obvious reasons. As do the victims, the trees at a crime scene do tell a tragic story for those that will listen.

Ironically there is a websleuths thread of a FL LEO serial killer with the signature of tieing his victims to trees:

FL - How Many Victims Of Gerard Schaefer?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34741.html
Gerard Schaefer, one of South Florida's most brutal serial killers
He enjoyed tying his victims to trees and leaving them there while he went to work as a police officer.

:(

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to be sensational about the 'chained-to-trees' thing, not that anyone said I was. It might have sounded out there to some folks, I realize. But in sexual-assault crimes, being bound is often a part of it, particularly in kidnappings for that motive.

I hate to think of what someone might have done to the girls, and believe me, I hope that it didn't involve anything sensational sounding. Unfortunately, many crimes just do :(

RE: freshly cut tree stumps

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...ion_12862912-cdd5-11e1-a9b3-0019bb2963f4.html

Several freshly cut tree stumps surround the area where officials investigated the finding of the bodies of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins, that were discovered by hunters last week, in Seven Bridges Park in Readlyn, Iowa on Monday, Dec. 10, 2012..

Due to the proximity to the river, the explanation could have been as simple as beavers.
More than likely they were downed for firewood for campfires.
There have been many abductions past where the victims were secured to trees. Normally the trees used for this purpose were much larger in diameter than the ones shown in the photo, for obvious reasons.

Ironically there is a websleuths thread of a FL LEO serial killer with the signature of tieing his victims to trees:

FL - How Many Victims Of Gerard Schaefer?
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-34741.html
Gerard Schaefer, one of South Florida's most brutal serial killers
He enjoyed tying his victims to trees and leaving them there while he went to work as a police officer.

That should help LE with a time table........when regular citizens or perp(s) were in the area camping or whatever.

:(

Yeah, I really wasn't trying to be sensational about the 'chained-to-trees' thing, not that anyone said I was. It might have sounded out there to some folks, I realize. But in sexual-assault crimes, being bound is often a part of it, particularly in kidnappings for that motive.

I hate to think of what someone might have done to the girls, and believe me, I hope that it didn't involve anything sensational sounding. Unfortunately, many crimes just do :(

Not to mention, that LE indicated it would have been very easy for the hunters to have missed them altogether, which would be unlikely if they had been...attached to trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz