IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO
I think something might be rumbling...
Our favorite page (kidding) cedar valley mug shots posted a mug of someone from evansdale arrested for 3rd degree sexual abuse.. in the comments under the pic Drew Collins commented.. he's been a part of CVM for quite a while and this is the first mug shot he's ever commented on.......

Do you have a link?

Thanks
Artzy

BBM

Yes, it isn't very common to hear someone say "I knew it all along!" after someone is arrested for murder.

I feel that whoever did this wears a mask that completely hides his true self, even from those closest to them. JMO

Indeed, Marilynilpa -- brings to mind Hervey Cleckley's The Mask of Sanity, his and the seminal work dealing with psychopaths....

Wikipedia:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Mask of Sanity is a book written by Hervey Cleckley, M.D., first published in 1941, describing Cleckley's clinical interviews with incarcerated Psychopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It is considered a seminal work and the most influential clinical description of psychopathy in the 20th century. The basic elements of psychopathy outlined by Cleckley are still relevant today.[1] The title refers to the normal "Mask - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" that conceals the Mental disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia of the psychopathic person in Cleckley's conceptualization.[2]

------------------------ <snipped by borndem> -----------------------------

The Mask of Sanity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

bbm
- Good points, otto. Austin Sigg was able to keep little JR from escaping from his car, from banging on the car windows for help, from getting away from him...and he was just 17+ years old... But he spilled his gutz and is cooling his heels in the pre-trial pokey now...:jail:

Yes, re animal killings, otto; it does come to mind -- that is often in a perp's signature -- another sociopath perhaps? Mr. Seemingly Normal. The guy next door?

Yeppers, this one is a doozy. Grrrrrrr.

icon9.gif

I think it's possible that this an older guy that decided to give it a shot ... abduct a child, see if he could get away with it if he planned it properly. I think that it's something that he thought about for a long time and I think that he'll do it again. I think he must have killed something, like a cat, before. It must be someone that knows the backroads ... like farmers.

Not disagreeing Dr. Know... just thought it was odd.... that is why i said MOO :) :)

let me also add. there is no bond for this guy... usually they get a really high bond.. not , no bond

Maybe he was released without bond?

Does that often happen?

No one pays bond in Australia, it's considered unfair to the poor.

Yeah it's the same guy that was posted on an earlier thread.

Third degree sexual assault...what on earth is that? Grabbing a cute bum? Snatching a kiss?

Maybe he was released without bond?

Does that often happen?

No one pays bond in Australia, it's considered unfair to the poor.

Is that from the time that Australia was a penal colony? Some people that were expelled to Australia must have committed crimes because they were poor, so that type of law makes sense ... in that context.

A bit inconsistent with the early days, when they were all over the media and vice versa.

I wonder what's changed.

:cow:

So much so that had to bend over in front of camera just to pet the cat...:slap:

Is that from the time that Australia was a penal colony? Some people that were expelled to Australia must have committed crimes because they were poor, so that type of law makes sense ... in that context.

No, our legal system is based on the British system which also does not require bonds.

There is a surety system. For example, I could have someone released to me on bail, but I would have to sign that I will get them to court, make sure they don't abscond etc and I would have to be a person of good standing to do so.

sexual assault

Well I've just read the link to Iowa's idea of sexual assault and am horrified to find that as long as you're married to the victim and living in the same house, it's perfectly legal.

:sick:

Does anyone else find this bit odd -

Services to celebrate the life of Lyric will be from 2 to 5:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 29, at Heartland Vineyard. I thank all of you who have gone through this time with me and welcome everyone to these services.

Are Misty and Dan not supporting each other either?

It's just Misty, imo. I'm not intending to be mean, but it's just part of what Misty is going thru...and no one really knows what she has been thru in her 30 some years. Having to deal with whatever emotions she has been surpressing and not having the crutches of the drugs or alcohol I would imagine is rough enough and now having to deal with her daughter's death without those helpers. She's fully experiencing those mirad of emotions she may have had for very long time and now all the ones created by the girls disappearance and death. We're just seeing her expressing them.

Heather has not been all positive or forgiving of Misty either in the press...and Dan & Misty have always had issues.

Everyone is going thru hello and it's normal, imo; especially if there were family issues before hand.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member