IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heather strikes me as more a 2nd mother figure to Lyric than a traditional aunt figure. Perhaps that is why TB is listed as Lyric's "favorite" aunt.

I find naming any relative the deceased's favorite "insert title here" odd but I can see where Heather might not be viewed by Lyric as an "aunt" but as something more maternal than that.

I could see that in other circumstances. But Heather and Misty aren't speaking and haven't been for months. To me, it seems an obvious dig at Heather by Misty.

Is it just me, or is it really weird (and rude/mean to Heather) that Tammy is called out as Lyric's "favorite aunt" in her obituary?

Heather took care of her while her mom was in federal prison! Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I'd be upset about that if I were Heather.

I thought the exact same thing. I don't think it's any secret that there is a clear separation in the family...and sadly this is just another display of it.

I feel horrible for this entire family but in my opinion that was not only unnecessary comment, but an immature one at that. A dig if you will.

God help them somehow come together and be one family again. :please:

I am not prepared to pick apart the obits looking for slights. The apparent divide between the sisters is very sad, but I don't really wish to dig too deeply into what is a personal family drama that (to our knowledge thus far) has nothing to do with the girls' case.

The obituary is whatever it is.

I am not prepared to pick apart the obits looking for slights. The apparent divide between the sisters is very sad, but I don't really wish to dig too deeply into what is a personal family drama that (to our knowledge thus far) has nothing to do with the girls' case.

The obituary is whatever it is.

I agree. And I'm sure there are plenty of so-called friends who are willing to help dig up slights. It seems like in tough times, that's always what happens. Sigh.

Sending warm thoughts and sympathies to both families.

Me too, Sapphire, me too. Last night I was bored, so I read up on a ton of old cases (Hayleigh Cummings, Isabel Celis, Ayla Reynolds, Lisa Irwin, JonBenet, Madeleine McCann). To me, and IMO, they all have one thing in common. And IMO Lyric's and Elizabeth's case shares that same thing in common.

Time will tell.

Very tactfully put, and I agree.

Not many people know this but there is no requirement to even have a funeral.

I plan on not having one, it's in my will.

Mainly because I hate funerals. They can have a wake instead and put my ashes in a fancy vase as a centrepiece.

Anyway it is quite acceptable to never have a proper formal funeral.

In this case they may not get the girls remains back for months or even years, sadly, if they are victims of crime.

Not many people know this but there is no requirement to even have a funeral.

I plan on not having one, it's in my will.

Mainly because I hate funerals. They can have a wake instead and put my ashes in a fancy vase as a centrepiece.

Anyway it is quite acceptable to never have a proper formal funeral.

In this case they may not get the girls remains back for months or even years, sadly, if they are victims of crime.

OT but I agree. I have asked that I have no funeral but rather a party with lots of family, friends and libations, I have further asked not to be buried but cremated and my ashes cast in some natural setting.

OT but I agree. I have asked that I have no funeral but rather a party with lots of family, friends and libations, I have further asked not to be buried but cremated and my ashes cast in some natural setting.

Yeah me too, the Sydney Harbour Bridge sounds appropriate. :D

Or maybe the Statue of Liberty, that way I'll finally get to the States.

Is it just me, or is it really weird (and rude/mean to Heather) that Tammy is called out as Lyric's "favorite aunt" in her obituary?

Heather took care of her while her mom was in federal prison! Maybe I'm over sensitive, but I'd be upset about that if I were Heather.

Given the circumstances, I think that it should have not been mentioned.

Possible. This is somewhat my theory, but what we do not know is if the gate at the pump sight was locked or open at the time. I had always thought the bikes were seen by TG and found by the gate seen in the pics with LE and not further east where the gate ends by Maiden Lane. Maybe I was thinking incorrectly all along. :waitasec:

The gate was unlocked, but latched.

"The bicycles and a cellphone were the only items abandoned near an unlocked gate on a bike trail, according to Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Captain Rick Abben."

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/07/17/071712-news-missing-cousins/

Here are a couple of pictures of where the cyclist swerved around two bikes. Based on the description he gave at the time ... blind curve in the double fenced area, I'm pretty sure that he was to the East of the gate.

meyers_lake_cyclist_path.jpg

meyerslakecyclist.jpg

I like this idea...and want to work through this scenario. Even though it's considered RUMOR because it was only "confirmed" via FB I believe they stopped and asked for directions to the lake at Fareway.

So let's just pretend they did. Why wouldn't the girls have asked for directions of this person if they didn't know how to get there? I would think this person would say "you guys know how to get there, right?" Making sure they would be there.

OR...MAYBE...this person told them to meet "at Maiden Lane down by the lake"? And they wouldn't know where Maiden Lane was...but figured once they got close to the lake they'd be able to find it?:waitasec: That may explain the erratic sightings in different areas and us not being able to make sense of their route?

:banghead:

I think that it's possible. The timeframe is limited to between 12:15 and 12:27 if we include the cyclist's sighting. That is enough time for the girls to ride to that part of the lake. That could include the Fareway store report, sightings of the girls on Elmer/Gilbert/Arbutus, and the cyclists report ... with everyone's times being off by only a couple of minutes one way or the other.

Just another thought...are there any cabins in that area by 7 bridges? Maybe not ones that are in a cluster of other cabins, but maybe an abandoned cabin that is within a few miles of the park? Or maybe even up or down river a ways?

A lot of people live on acreages in the area. All of the tan area is private land.

7bridgesprivateland.jpg

This sort of thing can often bring out the worst in people, but there has to be something very wrong for the picture of togetherness we got of the three sisters laughing and smiling and posing together at one of the early fundraisers, to have changed.

Very sad.

http://i.imgur.com/bJUz4.jpg

The gate was unlocked, but latched.

"The bicycles and a cellphone were the only items abandoned near an unlocked gate on a bike trail, according to Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Captain Rick Abben."

http://www.thedaily.com/article/2012/07/17/071712-news-missing-cousins/

Here are a couple of pictures of where the cyclist swerved around two bikes. Based on the description he gave at the time ... blind curve in the double fenced area, I'm pretty sure that he was to the East of the gate.

meyers_lake_cyclist_path.jpg

meyerslakecyclist.jpg

Is that a deer head on the front of his shirt? I can't read what it says. Anyone able to make out what the shirt says? Deer hunting? Possibly a Ragbrai shirt? Looks like maybe a beer bottle in the antler...I can't make out what it says...it looks like there is a city, state reference on the last line. I've tried to blow up the picture but I can't make out what it says.

You're not alone in being surprised to see that! I think it's petty (and inappropriate) to use your little daughter's obit in order to "stick it to" the sister you're currently on the outs with.

That seemed bizarre to me too (Favorite Aunt) especially since no one else had a title. But, who knows. Maybe we are over-thinking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille