IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that I put any emphasis on taking fingerprints from a fence. There would be far too many prints on a fence, and a near impossibility of matching them. The time that a fingerprint is left cannot be verified on something like a fence ... I don't see the point.

I think that if they had taken prints they could have also obtained the killers, but I don't think they believed the girls to be abducted and were treating it more as a drowning or runaway situation.

Something else noteworthy is that there wouldnt have been any reason for the search to start at The lake if aunt Tammy hadn't suggested it. They found the bikes quite quickly after involving authorities.

I wonder if there was evidence left behind at the real abduction site that would have helped the investigation.

My understanding is that the gate was closed, latched, but not routinely locked. It is locked now.

I remember it being stated that the gate was open. I guess maybe I need to go back and reread some things too. Thanks.

If there was a Fareway store sighting, police would also be asking for witnesses from that location ... and they are not.[/quote]

Who has actual jurisdiction in this case? FBI/Local police...? Who is doing the actual investigation or has that been split up ? Who is in charge?

Simple question! :what: Almost a duhhhhh-question to me. :what:

Why wasn't the 7-Bridges location searched right from the git-go or
sooner?

Locals and LE knew about it. They knew its history. It's part of the area
and few places like it in the area .........

Am I the only one a little surprised and puzzled ?

I mean folks, 'dont search the one giant drug park in the area'! Duhhh.

:banghead:

I didn't know that it was a drug park. Do you remember where you read that?

Also, if you don't delete the forward slash in the last [/QUOTE] in the quoted message, it will appear correctly ... otherwise the quote gets a bit screwed up.

The rumored Safeway stop:

Poster said the FBI has interviewed people who were there on smoking break.

Poster seemed to have a local tie ? And local knowledge?

This seems quite a "stretch" if made up or rumor ????????????

:banghead:

Police have released information regarding sighting of the girls. There is no time associated with the girls being anywhere near the Fareway store.

The gate was closed at the 2pm sighting but wasn't it open when the bikes were found at 4pm?

Of course, there are plenty of photos showing the gate open after police arrived at the location.

I remember it being stated that the gate was open. I guess maybe I need to go back and reread some things too. Thanks.

I edited my comment because I thought I remembered where I read it, but when I checked ... it wasn't mentioned that the gate was closed.

Who has actual jurisdiction in this case? FBI/Local police...? Who is doing the actual investigation or has that been split up ? Who is in charge?

It isn't about jurisdiction, it's about the information that investigators have officially released regarding the times that the children were, or may have been, seen.

I edited my comment because I thought I remembered where I read it, but when I checked ... it wasn't mentioned that the gate was closed.

Thanks, you're quicker than I am. I hadn't even started looking yet. :blushing:

Thanks, you're quicker than I am. I hadn't even started looking yet. :blushing:

I thought that I knew exactly where it was, and looked for Dan's comment about the double fenced area being a perfect "trap". He didn't say that the gate was closed ... perhaps I assumed it.

In case the Craigs List Poet ((KD)) poems are flagged
this is the same poem on craigs list
waterloo craigslist > personals > rants & raves
please flag with care: [?]
miscategorized

soulless

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2012-12-31, 7:23PM CST
Reply to this post Reply to: b2m9c-3513553461@pers.craigslist.org

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Souless"

I have walked dark lonely roads
I have found myself lost along the way
My past brings nightmares to my dreams
I have dance with satan and have eaten from his table
Made love to his woman and have feed from his lust
I have shared in his blood as it filled my veins
Have found myself taking control of hell as I enjoy the pain

I thrust for blood of victims I slay
I pray on weak which I will feed
I take what I want infect pain on who I may
I control all the come before me as they drop to their knees
Tears I do not have sympathy I will not gave
Sorrow in which I live torment is what I give
For I am a man that walks without a soul

this is also the same poem on Deep Underground Poets.http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/poems-by/Kingdom-darkness/

scroll down to # 7 on the right side.....

Honestly? I think he listened to the Rolling Stones and Dire Straits a few too many times. Probably should not have put them on endless repeat.

It's creepy but it's not original. Unfortunately, writing bad derivative poetry is not a crime except against good taste (too bad there isn't a Good Taste Special Perpetrators Unit to issue tickets in such cases).

My problem is that there are way, way more bad poets than there are murderers.

No, AuntTB has no apparent sense of size or distance. The wooded area near the lake that she's talking about is maybe 2 acres. It goes along with her describing it as being 400 yards away. If it were that far, they'd be in the middle of the Flying J.

The reason the wooded area is so thick with vegetation is because it is so small that it is all essentially edge habitat. If it was 400 acres, the inner area of the woods would be sparsely vegetated.

My own impression of AuntTB is that she means well but she doesn't know what she doesn't know, so she says everything as though she knows it is absolutely a fact. In these parts, we'd describe her as "good hearted but excitable."

Very well said, GrainneDhu. Thank you.

Honestly? I think he listened to the Rolling Stones and Dire Straits a few too many times. Probably should not have put them on endless repeat.

It's creepy but it's not original. Unfortunately, writing bad derivative poetry is not a crime except against good taste (too bad there isn't a Good Taste Special Perpetrators Unit to issue tickets in such cases).

My problem is that there are way, way more bad poets than there are murderers.

I think there's quite a bit of Pink Floyd and the Cure in there, too...

I didn't know that it was a drug park. Do you remember where you read that?

here. The man travelling to the park in the video mentions it. Arent there
also other murders in that area of the Wapsi, according to posters here and the video man, again ?

Girls vanish and you dont go over to the Wapsi a stone's throw away and
look for them ? I guess you wouldnt if you were sure is wasnt foul play ...
A few months later the whole LE community has to (is forced to) go there en masse!

Or you can just forget the drug connection ... why wouldnt you go there and look around in
this situation, in any event? I mean they spent days draining the whole lake on some flimsy
idea ... why not just drive over to the Wapsi, get out, and look around? In point of fact,
there have been massive searches along the Wapsi looking for people in all kinds of
situations, over the years and during 2012... why not in the Collins-Cook disappearance
when Evansdale in a stone's throw away ?

It isn't about jurisdiction, it's about the information that investigators have officially released regarding the times that the children were, or may have been, seen.

In my experience jurisdiction and who or what is running a case has direct impact on how cases get investigated.

Im just asking "who is in charge", as a point of information. Does he, she, and it have a
name? Example: I mean if samples get sent to the State Hygenic Lab for analysis then the
SHL is in charge and x,y,z, (named people) handle the samples/do the analysis, with Mr or
Ms. B. being in charge, ie the Director (and very likely those people will be testifying in any case which occurs ...). Happens all the time.

So who is in charge of this case? Does anyone know?

I think that if they had taken prints they could have also obtained the killers, but I don't think they believed the girls to be abducted and were treating it more as a drowning or runaway situation.

Something else noteworthy is that there wouldnt have been any reason for the search to start at The lake if aunt Tammy hadn't suggested it. They found the bikes quite quickly after involving authorities.

I wonder if there was evidence left behind at the real abduction site that would have helped the investigation.

Keep in mind that, according to Ollipop, there are only two parks and an elementary school for kids to go to in Evansdale. The other park and the elementary school can both be completely surveyed without getting out of the car. So by the time AuntTB arrived on the scene, two out of the three likely kid magnets had been ruled out.

Before AuntTB arrived on the scene, Grandma Wylma had already driven by Meyer's Lake but she didn't get out of her car. She probably did not realise she could not see that one little 400 foot stretch across the lake.

Heather went to the police station and filed a report at 2:41 pm. The bicycles were found by a volunteer firefighter who had answered the call-out to search at 3:58 pm (actually a little earlier than that but the 3:58 time is the official one). That doesn't seem to me like an unusually fast time to search one tiny little town.

here. The man travelling to the park in the video mentions it. Arent there
also other murders in that area of the Wapsi, according to posters here and the video man, again ?

Girls vanish and you dont go over to the Wapsi a stone's throw away and
look for them ? I guess you wouldnt if you were sure is wasnt foul play ...
A few months later the whole LE community has to (is forced to) go there en masse!

Or you can just forget the drug connection ... why wouldnt you go there
and look around in this situation, in any event? I mean they spent days draining the whole
lake on some flimsy idea ... why not just drive over the Wapsi, get out, and look around?

The ireporter footage mentions that clothing was once found in the area ... related to a murder in Waterloo in the late 1990s. Other than that, these two murders seemed to have altered the community.

A little off topic here. Do we know if LE follows this board or others like it? I would think a perp, if he/she had the education and means to follow a site like this, would. And therefore LE might have reason to as well. I'm envisioning someone tracking IP addresses of non registered users. That sounds like something the FBI would be capable of. Maybe I've watched too much tv, who knows.

:welcome4: gar!!!

:thewave:

:cheer: We're glad you're here!! :cheer:

In my experience jurisdiction and who or what is running a case has direct impact on how cases get investigated.

Im just asking "who is in charge", as a point or information. Does he, she, and it have a
name? Example: I mean if samples get sent to the State Hygenic Lab for analysis then the
SHL is in charge and x,y,z, (named people) handle the samples/do the analysis, with Mr or
Ms. B. being in charge, ie the Director.

So who is in charge of this case? Does anyone know?

The FBI have been helping since the beginning.

I went back and viewed the surveillance footage from the auction house to check out the "black bag" issue. It does appear as if both girls have a small black bag (or something appearing as a small black item near the handle bars on each bike). There's a convenience store near my neighborhood that sometimes has small black bags instead of paper sacks. IIRC, they are no bigger than say 8x10 and they have a small oval hole on each side that makes a handle for the bag. They are the consistency of cheap black trash bags, thin and not very glossy. I don't see these types of bags often but i have seen them in more than one place, mostly locally owned, single proprietor type shops. Does a local know any place in the area that gives out these kind of bags? If they didn't have money maybe a kind stranger or slight acquaintance gave them each a treat to make a good impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly