IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about where the bodies were found. Many people have asked, "Why were they separated like that?"

But if I was dumping something in the woods -- or in a field -- I wouldn't put them next to each other.

I don't know why. There's no logic to it. I just wouldn't. If I was carrying both objects (anything from two six-packs to two bodies), I'd put one down, then go a bit farther to drop the other one, and if I was carrying them one at a time from a vehicle, I'd make sure to put them down a distance from each other.

Again, I don't know why. It's just the way I think. So it might not have been any more than that.

Interesting! I think people questioned why they were separated because it could generate ideas of how or why they were found apart.

Could it be that there were 2 perps who each carried one of them in?
Could it be 1 perp who carried both bodies in separately?
Could it be 1 perp who walked them in together and one girl tried to run?
Could it be 2 perps who each had their own girl to sexually assault and they were separated so they weren't right next to each other?
Could it be 1 perp who bound each of them at the location they were found and killed them both where they stood/sat?
Were they originally put right next to each other and scavengers moved one or both of the girls?

And that list could go on and on...

I'm not surprised they weren't found RIGHT next to each other though. My opinion is they were killed somewhere else...the perp/perps found a place to dump their bodies under the cover of night. So...he drove in, grabbed one body and hauled it in and dumped it...went back, got the other girl and walked back into the same general area and dumped her too. No real rhyme or reason in my scenario other than to get them out of whatever vehicle they were in quickly and get outta dodge.

I could add a fourth crime scene as I personally am not of the opinion that the girls were actually killed at Seven Bridges Park.

I think they were abducted, taken somewhere and killed, and their bodies disposed of at Seven Bridges.:blushing:

I believe they were taken elsewhere also, before the park. Heck for all we know, if there were 2 perps the girls may have been separated for a period of time. It would have made it easier for the perps to handle them..kwim. My other thought is that one was taken there earlier than the other. We know so very little. How long they had been at the park, what conditions their bodies were in, were they clothed or the clothes just with them, etc. imo

Does anyone know if the church right on Lafayette.....almost directly across from the Collin's house is the one Heather & Drew go to....or do they drive to the other one in Waterloo or Cedar Falls? TIA.

ETA: Here's map. http://goo.gl/maps/0gmWc

Weather is warm here today..people playing golf and the dXXXX ice cream truck is drivng around the neighborhood already!!! I hate those things!!!

I'm still bothered by the mobile home park located right where you turn from Logan Ave onto 270th St to go to Seven Bridges Park. What were there...like a half dozen RSO's living there?

I'm still slightly interested in the guy who just got arrested for abusing a minor in the Janesville area. There has not been enough info. released about him for me to disregard him not being involved with the girls. I know the news said that he left the country, but didn't say when. Also, it didn't say exactly where the offenses took place. If the minor was from rural Janesville it could make it closer to Seven Bridges &maybe he was there before with this minor. Just a thought. That doesn't explain how he would end up in Evansdale though. Just some thoughts.

Does anyone know if the church right on Lafayette.....almost directly across from the Collin's house is the one Heather & Drew go to....or do they drive to the other one in Waterloo or Cedar Falls? TIA.

Weather is warm here today..people playing golf and the dXXXX ice cream truck is drivng around the neighborhood already!!! I hate those things!!!

Heartland Vineyard in Cedar Falls, according to this article.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_22c6bcca-d752-11e1-8622-0019bb2963f4.html

It is a whopping high of 7 below zero, air temp without windchill, here today. Send some of that warm air our way, please!

Just thinking about where the bodies were found. Many people have asked, "Why were they separated like that?"

But if I was dumping something in the woods -- or in a field -- I wouldn't put them next to each other.

I don't know why. There's no logic to it. I just wouldn't. If I was carrying both objects (anything from two six-packs to two bodies), I'd put one down, then go a bit farther to drop the other one, and if I was carrying them one at a time from a vehicle, I'd make sure to put them down a distance from each other.

Again, I don't know why. It's just the way I think. So it might not have been any more than that.

For me, the obvious reason for not hiding two people in one place is that together, they are far easier to find. By separating them, they are more obscured.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_22c6bcca-d752-11e1-8622-0019bb2963f4.html

It is a whopping high of 7 below zero, air temp without windchill, here today. Send some of that warm air our way, please!

TY. So I guess they go there all the time and not the one nearest their home. They are all "related"....must be about 6 or 7 churches in the region.

I'll try to tell the winds to blow it your way Shyviolet. In the upper 50's today. Big relief from last week...with high's around freezing. I'm spoiled now. Neven been to MN....but I don't know how Minnasotians do it. :what: -7 high? Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

In Iowa it's about -25 today with the wind chill.:what: (That is what I heard on my way to work this morning). I'd take an annoying ice cream truck and golf today over this weather any day. Once my white Christmas is over, I'm ready for spring.:great:

Found this interesting and probably means nothing...but..

I see on Marshall Ave in Evansdale there is an address update for 1 of 2 RSO as of 01/19/13 on that street. He and another RSO live just houses away from each other.

Where did this person live prior to moving to this address? I don't see any links showing prior addresses otherwise I'd be able to check myself.

That is just a short walk of two blocks to the nature trail where the girls could have possibly came down to the lake.

Didn't SierraShelby state that he saw 2 men fishing...one older than the other?

I know all the RSO's have been questioned and cleared, but we've seen people questioned (RSO or not) and then later find out they were indeed responsible.

Is it possible these two knew each other prior to the address change? Could he have been overlooked as he wasn't listed as officially living at the address prior to this date?

Any local info would be great.

I hope I'm within TOS with what I've posted/asked.:please:

Just wishing to point out that the official "last seen" is 12.15pm., per Black Hawk County Sherrifs Office, who have reminded the public more than once that they are the definitive source of information in this case.

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...&o=202&_suid=13588112502490003886582772433367

It looks to me like there is some disagreement among Iowa Bureau of Investigation, Black Hawk County Sheriff, and the FBI about what the timeline is and which sightings might or might not be reliable.

Just a few questions on things I'm not familiar or heard talked about regarding SS.

<modsnip>

Do we know for sure he drove to the depot and biked from there?

Sorry if I missed the post talking about this before, but I must have missed them.

The Cedar Valley Nature Trail includes about 50 miles...going south of E'Dale. Trails into Waterloo and all about there. There are "spots" to ride, including Seven Bridges Park. All are listed on a biking map I post awhile back.

imo

Just a few questions on things I'm not familiar or heard talked about regarding SS.

<modsnip>

Do we know for sure he drove to the depot and biked from there?

Sorry if I missed the post talking about this before, but I must have missed them.

The Cedar Valley Nature Trail includes about 50 miles...going south of E'Dale. Trails into Waterloo and all about there. There are "spots" to ride, including Seven Bridges Park. All are listed on a biking map I post awhile back.

imo

We know that he drove to the Gilbertsville Depot because Sierra posted that here as part of his cycling route.

Misty and Lyric also attended Heartland Vineyard.

"Lyric always has a smile on her face, said Rick Edwards, the youth director at Countryside Vineyard Church, where Lyric and her mother, Misty Cook-Morrissey, attended church."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/ar...7220057/FBI-believes-missing-Iowa-girls-alive

I agree about a 3rd crime scene. I think it's on the map.....but not a identified by LE yet.

Just wishing to point out that the official "last seen" is 12.15pm., per Black Hawk County Sherrifs Office, who have reminded the public more than once that they are the definitive source of information in this case.

http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us...&o=202&_suid=13588112502490003886582772433367

Nice to hear from you.:seeya:

You're right, LE said they had information that the girls were seen at 12:23 on Brovan, and between 12:30-1:00 near the lake but those times were never officially confirmed.

At this time, there's no reason to assume that there is a third crime scene. We have the location where the bikes were found and the location where the bodies were found. There's a straight line between the two.

IIRC LE stated that 7 bridges was used for 'dumping' the bodies and it was not the scene of the murders. Anyone have a link for this? Or am I just getting too old.

IIRC LE stated that 7 bridges was used for 'dumping' the bodies and it was not the scene of the murders. Anyone have a link for this? Or am I just getting too old.

I remember hearing that, but I remember it being something one of the crime reporters said, not something LE stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay