IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HollyBlue said the tree was eerie, not scary. My husband pointed it out when we were there, and I mentioned that it was in the video that the hunter/news person made. River birches are more common around here than white birches. Its just unusual how it stands out. And I knew we were in the right place (although the hunter was mistaken where the bodies were found).

Bless Wylma's heart. Between she and Aunt Tammy there was an awful lot said in the early days by people who IMO are not accustomed to wieghing or measuring their words or worrying about them being looked at word for word six months down the road.

We all get it. DM was interrogated. He felt they suspected him. Family members said LE accused him and the MSM was there to catch it all.

Nobody is denying that happened so I really am confused as to why this is continuing to dominate the conversation?

IF LE did accuse DM of murder as Wylma said then they (LE) suspected the girls were dead. Yet, LE had a press conference saying they had reason to believe the girls were still alive. So I think Wylma exaggerated a little. IMO

HollyBlue said the tree was eerie, not scary. My husband pointed it out when we were there, and I mentioned that it was in the video that the hunter/news person made. River birches are more common around here than white birches. Its just unusual how it stands out. And I knew we were in the right place (although the hunter was mistaken where the bodies were found).

It is also unusual because it is the only one. At least in central and eastern Iowa, white birches are usually seen in clumps rather than singly. It does make a nice focal point in the picture because it is the only one.

I have a river birch in my front yard, but that is because I put it there. In MN, white birch are everywhere you look. Interesting that we are so close, yet opposite in our birches.

Ps: This post is in no way meant to sleuth the family ;)

That makes more sense, thanks for explaining. Eerie is a good word for a white birtch that felt set apart or stands out amongst its surroundings. To me eerie is not even remotely similar to scary :)

Erie is when the hair on your arm stands on end and you are hyper alert suddenly. You should be. That's when the universe is trying to give you something.

I love eeire. I guess that's why I found the birch lovely, lol.

I am trying to catch up on this thread....have they disclosed a cause of death yet?

I am trying to catch up on this thread....have they disclosed a cause of death yet?

Don't expect a cod to be released anytime in the near future-if at all. Iowa law enforcement is seriously tight lipped-to the point I think that it hinders investigations. They say next to nothing about all unsolved cases. They're going to keep all the info close to their chests. I wish when the girls were found that they would have re-released their 6 points press release.

I would call it..... hauntingly beautiful.... It does seem the tree could have been used as a landmark even if the perp were familiar with the area. I know that is not where the girls were found, but still it stands out and I often wonder how the monters that kill are able to remember where they put their victims, especially if there are many victims, i.e., Ted Bundy. Not that this even applies in this case, but just commenting on the tree. It does stand out and in the winter landscape one could easily identify it.... I think.

Thank you for the pics squeeze!! I have been waiting patiently for you to post them and you did not disappoint. Great job! :rocker:

Don't expect a cod to be released anytime in the near future-if at all. Iowa law enforcement is seriously tight lipped-to the point I think that it hinders investigations. They say next to nothing about all unsolved cases. They're going to keep all the info close to their chests. I wish when the girls were found that they would have re-released their 6 points press release.

Can you explain what a 6 points press release is? Thanks

I would call it..... hauntingly beautiful.... It does seem the tree could have been used as a landmark even if the perp were familiar with the area. I know that is not where the girls were found, but still it stands out and I often wonder how the monters that kill are able to remember where they put their victims, especially if there are many victims, i.e., Ted Bundy. Not that this even applies in this case, but just commenting on the tree. It does stand out and in the winter landscape one could easily identify it.... I think.

Thank you for the pics skeet!! I have been waiting patiently for you to post them and you did not disappoint. Great job! :rocker:

Does anyone know where in relation to the white birch, the bodies were found in that picture?

Is anyone else having trouble with the Black Hawk County Who's In Jail website? Either there was a massive jail break and all of the prisoners are gone, or the site if messed up because it shows no inmates.:waitasec:

Maybe it's a temporary glitch . . .

Does anyone know where in relation to the white birch, the bodies were found in that picture?

I'm directionally challenged, but squeeze said looking east, so please squeeze correct me if I am wrong, but the tree is west, the crosses are to the east and I am assuming you turn east to access the 270th street and the girls' bodies were found north-east? Need otto's fabulous map!

Is anyone else having trouble with the Black Hawk County Who's In Jail website? Either there was a massive jail break and all of the prisoners are gone, or the site if messed up because it shows no inmates.:waitasec:

Maybe it's a temporary glitch . . .

Whoa!!! You're right! Mine computer is telling me no results found!! Hmmmmm! Interesting! Maybe they are updating and it is just a temporary glitch ? :waitasec: Or maybe they don't want us to know who's in jail ? :jail:

Putting my scanner on. We're getting a combination of rain, sleet and snow today... I'm not going anywhere today. Might as well have a listen and see if anything interesting is happening. I'm in hibernation mode!

Whoa!!! You're right! Mine computer is telling me no results found!! Hmmmmm! Interesting! Maybe they are updating and it is just a temporary glitch ? :waitasec: Or maybe they don't want us to know who's in jail ? :jail:

I just e-mailed them to let them know the site isn't working.

It looks like they've been "improving" their website, so maybe something didn't get set up properly.

Or, as you said, maybe they don't want us to know . . .

Putting my scanner on. We're getting a combination of rain, sleet and snow today... I'm not going anywhere today. Might as well have a listen and see if anything interesting is happening. I'm in hibernation mode!

I can't believe the weather you guys have been getting. It was warmer here in Pittsburgh this weekend than it was where my parents live outside of Dallas!

Let us know if you hear anything interesting!

Don't forget to make french toast - it's perfect food when you're in hibernation mode.

I can't believe the weather you guys have been getting. It was warmer here in Pittsburgh this weekend than it was where my parents live outside of Dallas!

Let us know if you hear anything interesting!

Don't forget to make french toast - it's perfect food when you're in hibernation mode.

French toast sounds so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member