IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only speaking for myself here, but I don't know why what the family members have stated to the media shouldn't be discussed. No one has been named POI's or suspects in this case by LE, but I do think that the comments the family has made give us indication of the line of investigation (at the time) and we've had no indication from any other media reports that anyone else has been questioned repeatedly. So, we're only discussing what we know (as per the rules).

For example...and these are ONLY examples:
We have several reports of Wylma stating that Dan had been interrogated and that LE accused him of killing the girls.

My question to that, is this:
If Dan has a solid alibi, why are they grilling him?! Why did they come to the hotel in the middle of the night to talk to Dan and Misty?

It's not that I want to come here and bash the victims. I'm trying to grasp why LE would waste their time hounding people if they are cleared or aren't considered suspects in the case, that's all.

A lot of it has to do with the media attention the family has received.

However, if it had been reported that LE came to a RSO's house and beat on their door in the middle of the night to talk to them for a second, possibly third time after we knew they had taken a polygraph, were not mentioned as a POI by LE, etc. - would you remain consistent in your thinking that LE was just doing it as part of their investigation?
Or would you assume that they are repeatedly questioning the RSO because they had reason to repeatedly question this person?

I'm not advocating bashing the family. When all we are allowed to discuss what is what is reported in MSM, and the media is almost exclusively reporting on the family, what do you suggest we discuss?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm just trying to stay within TOS and still be realistic in possible scenarios revolving around this abduction. Sure, we can all come up with some off the wall theory to make it fit into the 8 minute timeline but how many of those scenarios can we back with MSM reports and not include innocent people who also have not been mentioned by LE as well?

I am really struggling with posting anymore because I simply don't think there's anything more to discuss that are within the realm of plausible scenarios.:dunno:

:goodpost: Please don't stop posting! You make excellent points! I just believe we have to stay open to ALL possibilities and to me that still includes SO, RSO, someone we would NOT expect at all. MSM is reporting LE coming down hard on the family, but I certainly hope they are not dismissing any other leads if they do not include the family. Maybe LE thinks by coming down hard on the family, the real killer will slip up because he/she/they think they have slipped under LE's radar. I'm very interested in the upcoming January 18th hearing. . . if someone was hoping to make another plea deal by giving up where the girls' bodies were located. . . that is certainly not an option any more.

Guess I watch too much Investigation Discovery! Almost every case takes years to solve, but in the end LE usually gets their guy. Like GraineDhu said, the DNA stuff takes a while and if the DNA is not in CODIS now, that doesn't mean it will not eventually end up with a match. I hope there is a LOT of DNA evidence and duct tape would be wonderful if it still had prints. I would compare these LE heros to pitbulls and bloodhounds! They don't give up! They don't release their grip!

I'm here for the duration for Lyric and Elizabeth! If it takes a while, so be it! I'm not giving up on LE finding their killer. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later, I just hope you guys continue to hang with me 'cause y'all really are a wonderful group of caring people who want the girls' killer or killers brought to justice! :please: :grouphug: :beats:

I can't believe the weather you guys have been getting. It was warmer here in Pittsburgh this weekend than it was where my parents live outside of Dallas!

Let us know if you hear anything interesting!

Don't forget to make french toast - it's perfect food when you're in hibernation mode.

I will definitely let you guys know if I hear anything interesting! Quite busy this morning ALREADY!

I just gathered my eggs from yesterday. Got home too late last night to get them. They are coooold, but I'm about to make some french toast... :floorlaugh:

P.S.: Chelsea, Love that little french toast bandit guy! Reminds me of my 100 lb black lab, Annie, who has been known to counter surf when mama is not around. We don't leave bacon or any tempting tidbits near the edge of the counter ANY MORE!

I just e-mailed them to let them know the site isn't working.

It looks like they've been "improving" their website, so maybe something didn't get set up properly.

Or, as you said, maybe they don't want us to know . . .

or like you said.... There's been a HUGE jail break! :shocked2: :yow: Run for the hills!

Be back in a few! Gotta do the french toast! :great:

I will definitely let you guys know if I hear anything interesting! Quite busy this morning ALREADY!

I just gathered my eggs from yesterday. Got home too late last night to get them. They are coooold, but I'm about to make some french toast... :floorlaugh:

P.S.: Chelsea, Love that little french toast bandit guy! Reminds me of my 100 lb black lab, Annie, who has been known to counter surf when mama is not around. We don't leave bacon or any tempting tidbits near the edge of the counter ANY MORE!

Is the weather your getting highly unusual for your area?

:goodpost: Please don't stop posting! You make excellent points! I just believe we have to stay open to ALL possibilities and to me that still includes SO, RSO, someone we would NOT expect at all. MSM is reporting LE coming down hard on the family, but I certainly hope they are not dismissing any other leads if they do not include the family. Maybe LE thinks by coming down hard on the family, the real killer will slip up because he/she/they think they have slipped under LE's radar. I'm very interested in the upcoming January 18th hearing. . . if someone was hoping to make another plea deal by giving up where the girls' bodies were located. . . that is certainly not an option any more.

Guess I watch too much Investigation Discovery! Almost every case takes years to solve, but in the end LE usually gets their guy. Like GraineDhu said, the DNA stuff takes a while and if the DNA is not in CODIS now, that doesn't mean it will not eventually end up with a match. I hope there is a LOT of DNA evidence and duct tape would be wonderful if it still had prints. I would compare these LE heros to pitbulls and bloodhounds! They don't give up! They don't release their grip!

I'm here for the duration for Lyric and Elizabeth! If it takes a while, so be it! I'm not giving up on LE finding their killer. Hopefully, it will be sooner than later, I just hope you guys continue to hang with me 'cause y'all really are a wonderful group of caring people who want the girls' killer or killers brought to justice! :please: :grouphug: :beats:

I'm with Bootsctr!! The January 18th hearing is coming up, and who knows what is coming next? All these months of waiting, and I know it won't be like the Casey Anthony outcome. Our LE will get their MAN/MEN/WOMAN or all three too!! Plus, I love talking with all the people in here, and that includes you!!! Think how exciting it will be when the LE DO make arrests.. lots coming up!! :thewave:

I'm with Bootsctr!! The January 18th hearing is coming up, and who knows what is coming next? All these months of waiting, and I know it won't be like the Casey Anthony outcome. Our LE will get their MAN/MEN/WOMAN or all three too!! Plus, I love talking with all the people in here, and that includes you!!! Think how exciting it will be when the LE DO make arrests.. lots coming up!! :thewave:

What does the January 18th hearing have to do with catching who did this? I'm lost again, lol.

Black Hawk jail is working for me right now. All the prisoners are back.

O/T it was 20 overnight here, 4th night in the low twenties and yes that is cold for AZ. Our cactus are falling this morning.

It appears there's a booking last night for murder in the 1st degree & child endangerment (serious). Only one charge each though and he's from Iowa City. $350,000 bond.

http://www.bhcso.org/WhosInJail.aspx

Just enter the date 1/14/2013 and he'll come up.

eta, here's the article about it. It was an infant, his own child. awww

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_9b5d31b0-5ebf-11e2-8076-0019bb2963f4.html

WATERLOO, Iowa --- Police have arrested a former Waterloo man in connection with fatal injuries to his infant daughter last year.

Trevor Eugene Smith, 27, address unavailable, was arrested Monday evening for first-degree murder and child endangerment resulting in death. He was taken to the Black Hawk County Jail, and bond was set at $350,000.

People keep mentioning DM not having a solid alibi.

That doesn't seem suspicious to me; most normal people have stretches of time during any given day when nobody else can swear they were where they said they were. The person(s) I'd be suspicious of would be anybody who went out of their way to have what appears to be a solid alibi for that afternoon. Like somebody who went out of their way to call attention to the apparent fact that they were at their job all afternoon, or were meeting somebody else at a time and place that meant they couldn't have been where the girls were, or have a receipt that proves they were in another town, etc.

Rumor (from a friend in Cedar Falls) says that one RSO with a very strong circumstantial case against him has that tight at-work alibi. I don't know who else has talked about it-can't-be-me-I-was-somewhere-else.

Some of the things that have been said by LE recently make me concerned that there are jurisdictional issues preventing them from seeing the answer.

That doesn't seem suspicious to me; most normal people have stretches of time during any given day when nobody else can swear they were where they said they were. The person(s) I'd be suspicious of would be anybody who went out of their way to have what appears to be a solid alibi for that afternoon. Like somebody who went out of their way to call attention to the apparent fact that they were at their job all afternoon, or were meeting somebody else at a time and place that meant they couldn't have been where the girls were, or have a receipt that proves they were in another town, etc.

Rumor (from a friend in Cedar Falls) says that one RSO with a very strong circumstantial case against him has that tight at-work alibi. I don't know who else has talked about it-can't-be-me-I-was-somewhere-else.

Some of the things that have been said by LE recently make me concerned that there are jurisdictional issues preventing them from seeing the answer.

I have trouble remembering what I did 5 minutes ago:waitasec:

:floorlaugh:

Is that the rumor associated with CF? Can I even ask that?

There is an RSO on the Black Hawk warrant list. RSO who failed to register in September 2x. He's in custody of the US Marshals in Texas. Search warrants for McKay. 0-13 years old victim & he was 17 per Iowa Sex Offender registry. Victim was male.

http://www.bhcso.org/WarrantSearch.aspx

http://www.iowasexoffender.com/registrant/8583/MCKAY/KEITH/WILLIAM/?updated=today&type=advanced

securedownload.jpg

This picture haunts me, I really think this is where the girls were lead away by the perp.

O/T - here's the link to an interesting article about pedophilia from today's L.A. Times:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-pedophiles-20130115,0,197689.story?track=lat-pick

Like many forms of sexual deviance, pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in life. Now, many experts view it as a sexual orientation as immutable as heterosexuality or homosexuality. It is a deep-rooted predisposition — limited almost entirely to men — that becomes clear during puberty and does not change.
. . .

Not all pedophiles molest children. Nor are all child molesters pedophiles. Studies show that about half of all molesters are not sexually attracted to their victims. They often have personality disorders or violent streaks, and their victims are typically family members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KY Cliffhanger