IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this something you saw in an Evansdale ad from the internet....sorta confused since your in TX? That is scarily odd, imo. Do kids now days have this done alot? If from internet can you link to the pic? TIA

Don't laugh at me now....I was laying awake about 2 a.m. the other morning trying to count sheep to go to sleep and I couldn't stop thinking about the girls. Kept thinking about our conversation that day here at WebSleuths and was trying to think of the name of Elizabeth's father's business. I kept thinking it was Custom Tree trimming or something like that or Custom lawncare. Anyway, today I just decided to google "custom" with the town and state because it would not get out of my head. No laughing please. I have no idea if this is a trend with trunks or not. But here it is:

pic_4.jpg

I asked before, but I must have missed the response. :waitasec: Was there any proof the bikes weren't placed there the night before, or earlier that morning? Maybe the girls never did go for bike rides that day. Just maybe the video isn't of the girls, it could have been someone else. I'm sure they weren't the only ones thought to be riding their bikes that day on that road. ( I don't trust what anyone said, except for the LE of course.) :cop:

I asked before, but I must have missed the response. :waitasec: Was there any proof the bikes weren't placed there the night before, or earlier that morning? Maybe the girls never did go for bike rides that day. Just maybe the video isn't of the girls, it could have been someone else. I'm sure they weren't the only ones thought to be riding their bikes that day on that road. ( I don't trust what anyone said, except for the LE of course.) :cop:

Sorry I didn't see your other post!

IMHO, yours is now the very best post I've ever seen here. Bravo, Chelsea!

IMHO, all we really know for sure is that their bikes and a purse were discovered at the lake and their poor little remains were discovered a 7 bridges!!!

I didn't think volunteer fire fighters had search and rescue training either. I stand corrected. :blushing:

After the big search on the weekend the girls vanished (July 14/15), volunteer searches stopped. It was reported in the news (no idea if there is still a link) that volunteer searchers were dehydrated, hungry and unskilled, so it was a full time job looking after the volunteers. After that, only volunteer firefighters, search & rescue and police were involved in searches. There was a search on Maiden Lane close to the time that the girls vanished but the public was kept away.

Sorry I didn't see your other post!

IMHO, yours is now the very best post I've ever seen here. Bravo, Chelsea!

IMHO, all we really know for sure is that their bikes and a purse were discovered at the lake and their poor little remains were discovered a 7 bridges!!!

:blushing: foxbluff, t.y. but all my previous dumb questions and comments cancel out any chance for best post...ahhahaa!! :floorlaugh:

I have so many other questions. Like.. Did everyone forget about the possibility of a deer surveillance video? The LE never said there wasn't one found, now did they? Don't you all wonder why the LE don't want the hunters to talk to anyone about ANYTHING they saw or know?

No, no , no... I'm simply not making myself clear.

You don't, IMO, have any reason to blush! I, too, don't believe that volunteer firefighters would have had the kind of "search and rescue" training that would meet LE crime scene treatment.

And, IMHO, none of the first "volunteers" to search had any reason to believe that a crime was involved.

ETA: I'm basically agreeing w/Jamie's remark abt the firefighters &, IMHO, their lack of advanced search & rescue skills.

It looks like Evansdale has a membership form that has to be completed before someone qualifies as a volunteer firefighter, or seach & rescue. Participation in training and education is one of the requirements for acceptance.

http://www.evansdalefire.com/images/Application_for_Membership.pdf

If the only proof we have is the family's word that the girls were still alive the night before, wouldn't that mean that everyone in the entire family, including Heather, Drew, Wylma ... and the other children were in on it?

That's a very complicated conspiracy and I just don't see this extended family pulling that off.

The reason that police do not want the hunters that found the bodies talking to media is because the hunters will provide evidence in the event that there is a trial. If they talk to media, that evidence could become contaminated.

The only problem with the girls not making it to the lake, is the dogs, who appeared to find and track their scent.

We also have a sighting by Mr C, and the cctv recording.

Given that the volunteer firefighter that discovered the girls bicycles was trained in his job, I am inclined to believe that he did not tamper with the evidence, but rather that he immediately called it in with a description of the bikes. It took 18 minutes for the confirmation. The first time for the bikes being found was 3:40. The official time is given as 3:58.

The only problem with the girls not making it to the lake, is the dogs, who appeared to find and track their scent.

We also have a sighting by Mr C, and the cctv recording.

Police reported that the dogs tracked from the bikes to the lake, which we know was 10 feet away from where the bikes were parked.

We also have the Cornbelt Auction video tape at 12:11, or 12:19 if we account for the 8 minutes slow. That isn't really enough time for the children to ride to the lake, drop their bikes at the SE tip, vanish and then the cyclist came by at 12:20 or at the very latest 12:26.

And if this does indeed turn out to be planned, I'm sure the person has knowledge that cell phones are like a blinking red sign over your head saying "HERE I AM!!!" and SHOULD have been smart enough to know to shut it off. I guess only time will tell on that one.

OMG, remember I told you about this man I know that was questioned by police early after the girl's bodies were discovered? Two days ago, he asked if anyone wanted a couple of free phones. I asked , "What's that?" And he said it's those government freebies, he doesn't need it because he's going to prison soon. One is his, and the other was somebody elses, whatever that means. :waitasec: Ewwww... it really COULD be anybody, and if he knows whoever did it, and it's one of those phones.. double EWWWW!!! Man, it's not easy being a local, everyone is suspect. :what: So, for sure nothing is traceable with those phones? :waitasec:

Police reported that the dogs tracked from the bikes to the lake, which we know was 10 feet away from where the bikes were parked.

We also have the Cornbelt Auction video tape at 12:11, or 12:19 if we account for the 8 minutes slow. That isn't really enough time for the children to ride to the lake, drop their bikes at the SE tip, vanish and then the cyclist came by.

Yes, it is.

In fact, it is perfect timing.

SierraShelby told us that LE told him that the times are not fixed, and can be slightly off for a variety of reasons.

LE say the last confirmed sighting of the girls is at 12.15pm at Cornbelt.

TG came across the bikes at around 12.23.

That's 8 or possibly 10 minutes (or more) for them (or their bikes) to get from Cornbelt to Meyers Lake. Kids bike at around 16 miles ph at casual speed, if they rush it's more like 18-20km per hour. The distance between Cornbelt and where the bikes were found is one mile, or one and a half depending on who you ask.

There was time.

OMG, remember I told you about this man I know that was questioned by police early after the girl's bodies were discovered? Two days ago, he asked if anyone wanted a couple of free phones. I asked , "What's that?" And he said it's those government freebies, he doesn't need it because he's going to prison soon. One is his, and the other was somebody elses, whatever that means. :waitasec: Ewwww... it really COULD be anybody, and if he knows whoever did it, and it's one of those phones.. double EWWWW!!! Man, it's not easy being a local, everyone is suspect. :what: So, for sure nothing is traceable with those phones? :waitasec:

If they are turned off, they do not ping on any towers.

Which pretty much means untraceable.

Here's LE saying it's the girls.

Quote from Black Hawk County Chief Deputy Rick Abben:

"The girls were less than a block from the house when this camera captured them riding by, important to note they were riding away from Meyers Lake."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-io...deo-elizabeth-collins-lyric/story?id=16850676

Yes, it is.

In fact, it is perfect timing.

SierraShelby told us that LE told him that the times are not fixed, and can be slightly off for a variety of reasons.

LE say the last confirmed sighting of the girls is at 12.15pm at Cornbelt.

TG came across the bikes at around 12.23.

That's 8 or possibly 10 minutes (or more) for them (or their bikes) to get from Cornbelt to Meyers Lake. Kids bike at around 16 miles ph at casual speed, if they rush it's more like 18-20km per hour. The distance between Cornbelt and where the bikes were found is one mile, or one and a half depending on who you ask.

There was time.

I think it was the poster that was the daughter of Sierra that talked with police. During that discussion, the daughter learned that the times were not fixed.

Children cycle at 9 miles per hour, not 16. Do you mean that the children may have been riding 20 miles per hour, or 20 kilometers per hour? 20 kilometers is approximately 11-12 miles.

:blushing: foxbluff, t.y. but all my previous dumb questions and comments cancel out any chance for best post...ahhahaa!! :floorlaugh:

I have so many other questions. Like.. Did everyone forget about the possibility of a deer surveillance video? The LE never said there wasn't one found, now did they? Don't you all wonder why the LE don't want the hunters to talk to anyone about ANYTHING they saw or know?

When LE went in and closed the lake for a night (I think a few weeks, maybe 10 days?) after the girls went missng, I suggested they had planted deer suveillance or hunter's cams around the lake and we're going in to collect them. It was just a blurp of a thought tho to why they had wardened it off. We can only wish LE has this type of evidence. Talk about deer in the headlights expressions! :what: I'd still like to know why that was done.....and the only thing I could think of was LE thought someone(s) might be coming back to the lake at night to dispose of evidence after the lake had been drained and cleared.

When LE went in and closed the lake for a night (I think a few weeks, maybe 10 days?) after the girls went missng, I suggested they had planted deer suveillance or hunter's cams around the lake and we're going in to collect them. It was just a blurp of a thought tho to why they had wardened it off. We can only wish LE has this type of evidence. Talk about deer in the headlights expressions! :what: I'd still like to know why that was done.....and the only thing I could think of was LE thought someone(s) might be coming back to the lake at night to dispose of evidence after the lake had been drained and cleared.

Maybe they came back with luminol ... which they wouldn't be able to use during the day.

9 mph = 1.5 miles per 10 minutes = 1.2 miles per 8 minutes.

That gives them travel time, but not time to vanish completely.

It looks like Evansdale has a membership form that has to be completed before someone qualifies as a volunteer firefighter, or seach & rescue. Participation in training and education is one of the requirements for acceptance.

http://www.evansdalefire.com/images/Application_for_Membership.pdf

In all honesty, I can't tell if you're for or against my opinion. Perhaps you could copy/paste the applicable section regarding your point of view?

It could just be a lack of search skills on my part, however, this is the only section I personally could find that addressed current subject:

I, the undersigned, understand that duties that I may engage in as an Emergency Service Provider
of the Evansdale Fire Department includes the following;
1) Involvement in emergency incident operations, which may include fire, emergency
medical, natural disaster, hazardous material, storm watch, search and rescue related, or
any special circumstances which may arise which presents a hazard to the safety and well
being of citizens in the Evansdale Fire Rescue or Communities that have requested the​
Evansdale Fire Department for Assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV