IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a source of continuous frustration to me as a debt consultant.

We have so much technology but the dunderheads in charge of the purse strings choose not to use it in an effective and streamlined manner. You see it in almost every organisation except the extremely successful ones.

Fortunately, LE are finally beginning to catch up and pool information and resources in an orderly fashion but these changes are only reluctantly being adopted and are still patchy at best. I personally believe we have witnessed an unusual amount (or do I mean, a typical amount?) of inter-agency miscommunication in this case.

I totally agree SapphireSteel. Perhaps what is really needed is to ask possibly better equipped agencies and individuals to get involved. I'm sure this may be out of everyone's comfort zone, (including the LE) but maybe..just maybe Homeland Security should be contacted. We have no idea what this killer is capable of, or what involvement he may have in other matters on a city/state/national level. I'm certainly not comfortable with this killer on the loose, and no suspect. :please:

Judge Peter Newell, in fact, issued an arrest warrant in June after Detective Dave MacDonald with the Bremer County Sheriff's Office filed criminal complaints against Porath.

"Porath was out of the country at the time the charges were filed. My information was that he was in Tanzania for his job," MacDonald said.

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents detained Porath on Dec. 21 as he tried to re-enter the United States at the airport in Detroit

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_1d840ac2-8ade-5296-8409-67f0e1f12d30.html

So it could not have been this guy as he was in Tanzania in July.

Jumping off your post GrainneDhu. I think this timeline from the December 10, 2012 issue of The Gazette is informative and shows that LE was looking at possibilities other than drowning. The timeline is based on Kent Smock's notes.

http://thegazette.com/2012/12/10/timeline-search-for-girls-reported-missing-in-evansdale/

Thanks for posting this timeline. That certainly confirms that police immediately treated the disappearance as a possible abduction, while at the same time exploring the possibility that the girls had wandered off ... a case of hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Judge Peter Newell, in fact, issued an arrest warrant in June after Detective Dave MacDonald with the Bremer County Sheriff's Office filed criminal complaints against Porath.

"Porath was out of the country at the time the charges were filed. My information was that he was in Tanzania for his job," MacDonald said.

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents detained Porath on Dec. 21 as he tried to re-enter the United States at the airport in Detroit

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_1d840ac2-8ade-5296-8409-67f0e1f12d30.html

So it could not have been this guy as he was in Tanzania in July.

He was on a relative's property and is accused of assaulting a 12 year old boy several years ago.

<snipped for space, etc.> I'd like to give EVERYONE that posts on here these days a big pat on the back for not giving up hope on finding the killer(s) of our girls. :thewave:

Amen and thank you, Chelsea, for IMHO being one of those special posters!

Amen and thank you, Chelsea, for IMHO being one of those special posters!

:tyou: Fox, you and everybody else here are all very special posters!! :websleuther: :woot:

I really believe the killer(s) WILL be found out, and put behind bars for good soon! :jail: :yes: :jail:

:websleuther: O.K., my mind is working overtime today, which is why I got a weird idea, and this is why.
Last year my husband had to go through VitalChek online to get a certified copy of his birth certificate from another state. He ordered it, and it never came. :waitasec:
The certificate was supposed to arrive within 7 days, and after a month of it not arriving and calling the state's county clerk everyday that mailed it out, we finally found out the Waterloo Post Office had sent it to the address on the label ... which turned out to be a misprint on the label from the county clerk of the state it was sent out of.
It was an address on our street that didn't even exist! Where did the mailman deliver it to if the number doesn't exist? The county clerk records showed it never was sent back to the return address. That meant ANYONE had the worst thing for us that a criminal could get his hands on to steal.... my husbands identity. We called the police, and they they told us it must have been delivered to a house on our street, and since the post office wasn't going to do anything, they asked for me to go door to door and ask if anybody got it. I did, and all my neighbors said no. It ended there. The Waterloo Police Department didn't do anything, the county clerk from the state that sent it out didn't do anything, the Waterloo Post Office wasn't going to do anything and any criminal had open game to a copy of my husbands BIRTH CERTIFICATE!!! :what:

SNIPPED for space

Maybe that is what it takes to get this solved. All police, FBI and other departments don't always work together, and maybe they could help but haven't been authorized or asked to help on this case. Maybe this is over our heads? Maybe it's some drug ring cartel case to Mexico or some other country, or who knows where that went bad? We don't know. Anyway.. what do you all think?

WOW!! I'm impressed!! A) that you thought to call Homeland Security, and B) that they responded and found it so quickly!! Nice job!!

wish there were an arrest. So frustrating to think the perp is out there walking the streets, living life, while the community lives in limbo wonder who is the killer that walks among them.

Must be surreal.

WOW!! I'm impressed!! A) that you thought to call Homeland Security, and B) that they responded and found it so quickly!! Nice job!!

:tyou: Squeeze. Yeh, everyone I knew said they wouldn't get involved in such a small issue. But they did, and it was important to them..they acted upon it fast and knew what they were doing. I am hoping this may be something they would look into also. Thinking about it, they probably would. We have had illegal immigrants here just like Postville, Iowa. Homeland security got involved deporting them, here's the link.

http://72.30.186.176/search/srpcach...K&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=1ANepLO7VW.sotPt6DggJg--

We don't know if the nearby Tysons plant might have an illegal immigrant that did this. Or like I pondered before, maybe someone high up in the drug thing.. PURE speculation, MOO and all that. Heck, nothing else is working. Even with all the speculating about the lake .... I don't see any suspects arrested, and look how time is going by. We have nothing to lose, and possibly everything to gain by contacting them.

And you know me.... what has it been, 3 calls now into the tip line?? I wasn"t going to call another one in, but to Homeland Security?? This would be my exception to no more calls. But I do value everyone's opinion on here to think about first. I value all opinions. :seeya:

Hopefully the perp(s) who did this will get junked up or totally intoxicated.....or both and let things slip.

I recall reading that Lyric's dad had reprimanded her for not doing chores. Then I read she was in trouble with her dad for going missing 4 days before. Lyric wanted to run away and her GM stopped her. I wonder what the real story is. Was David a really strict parent or was this just an ususual event?

I recall reading that Lyric's dad had reprimanded her for not doing chores. Then I read she was in trouble with her dad for going missing 4 days before. Lyric wanted to run away and her GM stopped her. I wonder what the real story is. Was David a really strict parent or was this just an ususual event?

I really wouldn't know why a dad who had no custody would reprimand a daughter that he was around apparently. Got me other than trying to build a relationship? I have no idea. Rumors and his past are he's into drugs, meth making. Not sure about useage but assume there's a trail with his recordS.

Yeah, 4 days before Lryic and her cousin (not E) went missing for a bit, another cousin & Lyric didn't show up on time. They were to be at a park close by. But did show up when the call was being made, is my understanding. It didn't sound like they were where they were suppose to be though as family didn't find them at the park they said they were going to. Dan was called & informed Lyric was missing but showed up while whoever was on the phone reporting their disappeance, per NG or one of those shows, I think.

Dan Morrissey is the father of Lyric Cook-Morrissey.

I really wouldn't know why a dad who had no custody would reprimand a daughter that he was around apparently. Got me other than trying to build a relationship? I have no idea.

Yeah, 4 days before Lryic and her cousin Elizabeth went missing for a bit they didn't show up on time. They were to be at a park close by. But did show up when the call was being made, is my understanding. It didn't sound like they were where they were suppose to be though as family didn't find them at the park.

Dan Morrissey is the father of Lyric Cook-Morrissey.

May just show that he's interested in kids learning responsibility ... learning from mistakes ...

I don't doubt anything George. Not when a horrible outcome for the girl's happened. It's horrific to me. Two young girls & I mean very young. I give equal opportunity to see the best in what is presented. Unfortunetly, all I know of Dan is the MSM reports. Well, maybe some fb sites too. I sift through all. The fact remains he's going to prison and maybe for a long time. His sentence will be something to be interested in. I do not accuse him of harming the girls. I did think of him on first thought when they went missing. jmo First thought...

I truely hope not but it seems to be going the way of Haleigh Cummings case. Oh please don't make me follow another like this. I probably will...darn it.

I don't doubt anything George. Not when a horrible outcome for the girl's happened. It's horrific to me. Two young girls & I mean very young. I give equal opportunity to see the best in what is presented. Unfortunetly, all I know of Dan is the MSM reports. Well, maybe some fb sites too. I sift through all. The fact remains he's going to prison and maybe for a long time. His sentence will be something to be interested in. I do not accuse him of harming the girls. I did think of him on first thought when they went missing. jmo First thought...

I truely hope not but it seems to be going the way of Haleigh Cummings case. Oh please don't make me follow another like this. I probably will...darn it.

I hear you. We're on the same page I think.

I wont throw out a cliche that wont come true. This case needs a credible break!

I think it is going to come down to people who knew Dan through the meth trade. JMO

I know this is off topic but as I sat here reading (before I got to the end) I was giggling thinking about this family who when every day they go get their mail it's ANOTHER copy of some stranger's birth certificate! :floorlaugh:

"Honey...guess what came in the mail today?"
"Let me guess... 5th copy of that guy's birth certificate"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm glad you got it all worked out though...that could ended badly had it gotten into the wrong hands.

I guess they don't clear off their table very often. Scary to think what could damage could have been done with his birth certificate. We sometimes get wrong mail in our PO Box. I take it directly to the big Post Office in town and hand it directly to the manager. One of the regulars for several months was a pension statement for a postal employee, who phoned, and thanked me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett