IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Peter Newell, in fact, issued an arrest warrant in June after Detective Dave MacDonald with the Bremer County Sheriff's Office filed criminal complaints against Porath.

"Porath was out of the country at the time the charges were filed. My information was that he was in Tanzania for his job," MacDonald said.

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents detained Porath on Dec. 21 as he tried to re-enter the United States at the airport in Detroit

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/se...cle_1d840ac2-8ade-5296-8409-67f0e1f12d30.html

So it could not have been this guy as he was in Tanzania in July.

I would definitely be wondering what contact this guy had with young children while in Tanzania. Makes me wish there was Homeland Security for predators like this too.

wish there were an arrest. So frustrating to think the perp is out there walking the streets, living life, while the community lives in limbo wonder who is the killer that walks among them.

Must be surreal.

Me too! I just watched an old 20/20 interview by Chris Cuomo with Diena Thompson, Somer Thompson's mother. She said not knowing and suspecting everybody nearly tore their community apart. I cannot imagine the fear of not knowing who committed Lyric and Elizabeth's murders. When the murders are solved, you still have the effect of innocence lost for Evansdale and surrounding communities.

May just show that he's interested in kids learning responsibility ... learning from mistakes ...

Just purely opinion, but even dysfunctional families want to appear functional. Does that make sense? :moo: It sounds as if Lyric's grandmother and mother looked to Dan as the disciplinarian. What grandmother wants to discipline their grandchild? Clearly, though, if Wylma was Lyric's court-appointed guardian, she should have been the only one administering discipline considering the circumstances we know. I fear Lyric might have been quite confused and felt betrayed to have been tattled on to her dad by her grandmother. Borders were clearly blurred and not clear.

:tyou: Squeeze. Yeh, everyone I knew said they wouldn't get involved in such a small issue. But they did, and it was important to them..they acted upon it fast and knew what they were doing. I am hoping this may be something they would look into also. Thinking about it, they probably would. We have had illegal immigrants here just like Postville, Iowa. Homeland security got involved deporting them, here's the link.

http://72.30.186.176/search/srpcach...K&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=1ANepLO7VW.sotPt6DggJg--

We don't know if the nearby Tysons plant might have an illegal immigrant that did this. Or like I pondered before, maybe someone high up in the drug thing.. PURE speculation, MOO and all that. Heck, nothing else is working. Even with all the speculating about the lake .... I don't see any suspects arrested, and look how time is going by. We have nothing to lose, and possibly everything to gain by contacting them.

And you know me.... what has it been, 3 calls now into the tip line?? I wasn"t going to call another one in, but to Homeland Security?? This would be my exception to no more calls. But I do value everyone's opinion on here to think about first. I value all opinions. :seeya:

:what: Well.... that was quite interesting! So much for kosher, huh? :what:
Seriously though, desperate times call for desperate measures :please:. I call the local sheriff's department when I suspect any kind of animal abuse. I would not hesitate to call APS for elderly abuse nor CPS for child abuse, so yeah, I would call HLS. Thank you chelsea6 for your local input and I hope for your sake and everyone's sake in your town and surrounding community this person or persons are put behind bars soon, if not already, and you have some answers. It's almost like you guys are in :jail: and the bad person is still free without knowing who killed the girls.

Police in Cedar Falls Investigate Suspicious Death

I ran across the above article today, which identifies the man found dead in his car in Cedar Falls yesterday. After a quick query on his name, I found the info below regarding a recent court ruling reversing the man's acquittal on a "Commercial Sex Trafficking" charge involving who he thought was an 11 year old girl.
http://www.justice.gov/usao/sd/pressreleases/SF-2013-01-08-Sex%20Trafficking%20Decision.html

I'm not implying there is any connection to Lyric and Elizabeth, just thought it was interesting. Chelsea will be pleased to know Homeland Security was involved in bringing the charges.

Disappointed to see we're still bumping along here.

I believe it was tlcya who mentioned upthread that LE might not contact media to announce when the classification of this case is officially changed to homicide, but rather the media perhaps would have to contact LE and ask that question.

Does anybody here happen to know a member of the media in Black Hawk County that you could call on to ask LE the above question... or have that person ask if all autopsy test results are back? TY.

foxbluff, If it is up to me, I will be looking at the local affiliates of ABC, NBC and media like that to contact them and check on the autopsy status if it is complete or not. Also, I would call the black hawk county police office and check what is going on.

I just facebooked ABC and Fox in Cedar Rapids and that area and asked them about any updates to the autopsy of the girls.

I just facebooked ABC and Fox in Cedar Rapids and that area and asked them about any updates to the autopsy of the girls.

Jan 3, 2013

"Authorities will likely not release the cause of death or other details anytime soon in connection to the deaths of Evansdale cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8.

"The only people that are going to know this information are the people who are responsible,” Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock told The Des Moines Register. “At least until somebody is arrested and we’re comfortable with that, that’s information we’ll keep confidential.”

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...n-into-evansdale-cousins-kidnapping-continues

Sounds like RSO CF. :moo:

Yeah, it does -- and it sounds like that person is alleging that his family has enough money to have bought off people. Pretty ugly rumor. I hate how nasty everything is getting and the things people are saying about each other. Yeah, the RSOs have committed serious crimes, but that doesn't make them murderers.

Lack of information is leading to repeated sleuthing of local RSO's, but these guys were all examined and cleared in the early days.

I still do not believe this is a sexual crime, and Smock's (?) "we don't even have a gender" speech is enough to suggest that it is not.

:cow:

Lack of information is leading to repeated sleuthing of local RSO's, but these guys were all examined and cleared in the early days.

I still do not believe this is a sexual crime, and Smock's (?) "we don't even have a gender" speech is enough to suggest that it is not.

Sounds like DNA was not found?

they have not released what was found.

And

There have been enough cases to show that this could have been a sexual predator that was not registered.

some examples:

John Gardener
Melissa Huckabee
Austin Sigg
Israel Keyes
Jarred Harrell

(there are more these are a few examples)

they have not released what was found.

And

There have been enough cases to show that this could have been a sexual predator that was not registered.

some examples:

John Gardener
Melissa Huckabee
Austin Sigg
Israel Keyes
Jarred Harrell

(there are more these are a few examples)

I thought JG was registered and that is how they matched his DNA within days?

Sounds like DNA was not found?

That would be my guess.

Bear in mind this is opinion only.

Also, compare to the Jessica Ridgeway case - LE warned the public very clearly that "we have a predator in our midst". There have been no such warnings here.

That would be my guess.

Bear in mind this is opinion only.

Also, compare to the Jessica Ridgeway case - LE warned the public very clearly that "we have a predator in our midst". There have been no such warnings here.

Jessica's case was handled by different people. IMO, comparing how one group of LE handles one case to how a different group of LE handles a different case is equivocal and tells me nothing about what LE is thinking about the perp in this case. This quote from the Iowa DCI made before the girls' remains were found provides me with more information than a comparison of the two cases.

We all would like to believe that we couldn’t possibly know someone that is capable of abducting a young girl. The reality is that whoever did this is known by many people. Whoever did this has neighbors, relatives, co-workers and friends. Whoever did this walks amongst us, and lives amongst us.

http://cedarfalls.patch.com/article...uction-case-email-address-set-up-to-take-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV