IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't anyone that lives in the area could go to city hall and request the information through vital statistics?

It's a Sunshine State but if the cause of death involved is part of the investigation, they have the right to withhold it. It might have some more info but maybe the COD or anything related to it would be redacted?

I'm not seeing any Sunshine laws being applied in this case. jmo

Hoping for some news today. Light the way, beautiful girl. Lead them to you.

Wasn't an 11 year old girl abducted by a father and photographer, and left to die in the mountains NW of Evansdale and North of Westminster shortly after Jessica, Lyric, Elizabeth were murdered ... but a group of hunters was still on the mountain and they rescued her as she was running and hiding in ditches in a grizzly forest? She was sexually assaulted and left to die ... but not tied to a tree. She most likely would have died had the group of hunters not found her. Isn't that similar ... the child tied to the tree ... sexual assault and left to die?

Oh how I wish Iowa had mountains.

This is OT, but i found it very interesting and wanted to share. Maybe the success rate comes soley from the handler of the cadaver dogs.

Artzy

http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news...Ohio/-/9718610/19217854/-/f8o67p/-/index.html

Police say dogs have unearthed a human skull and jawbone in a northeast Ohio neighborhood, and the search is on for other human remains.

Youngstown police Lt. Douglas Bobovnyik said investigators believe the jawbone and skull found last month are part of the same skeleton, but they have not been able to confirm it.

The (Youngstown) Vindicator reports that since the initial discoveries were made by neighborhood dogs, investigators are considering attaching GPS devices and using the dogs to locate the other remains.

Police cadaver dogs trained in searching for decomposing human flesh have been brought in, but they had no success.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/news/local-news.../19217854/-/f8o67p/-/index.html#ixzz2NpTWfWLp

This image is from the Concert for the Angels facebook page. I have been trying to find the overall plan for the park renovation for a couple of weeks and all I can come up with is that there isn't an approved park plan, but there is an approved park renovation. This image further confirms my understanding that there is no plan

meyer_plan.jpg

In reading comments under articles related to the renovation, it seems that there is a lot of controversy surrounding this renovation.

I believe it's because they have faith in local law enforcement to do what is needed to solve this terrible crime. JMO.

Faith based on what, exactly?

Eight months of silence?

Faith is all very well in a church but not for a homicide investigation of two little girls in a small town.

LE clearly believe people aren't talking, and they are frustrated with that. Plenty of people know something, or think they might know something, but they are sitting back on their "faith" that LE can do it all alone so keep their knowledge or suspicions to themselves. :pullhair:

:cow:

faith based on what, exactly?

Eight months of silence?

Faith is all very well in a church but not for a homicide investigation of two little girls in a small town.

Le clearly believe people aren't talking, and they are frustrated with that. Plenty of people know something, or think they might know something, but they are sitting back on their "faith" that le can do it all alone so keep their knowledge or suspicions to themselves. :pullhair:

amen!!!!!

Eight months of silence?

LE clearly believe people aren't talking, and they are frustrated with that. Plenty of people know something, or think they might know something, but they are sitting back on their "faith" that LE can do it all alone so keep their knowledge or suspicions to themselves. :pullhair:

BBM

I'd appreciate a link confirming this info, please. I've seen nothing to indicate that it is a known fact that there are people with information who are keeping it to themselves.

SS, if you want to split hairs over my choice of words, feel free.

Please substitute the word "trust" for "faith", if that makes you feel better somehow.

You aren't local. Locals seem to be trusting LE to handle this investigation - they had ample opportunity to discuss their fears, concerns, anger, etc. at a town hall meeting, and yet very few people turned up. There have been no demonstrations in front of LE headquarters demanding answers. The local media has not published any articles demanding that LE change the way they are handling things. JMO

Who are we, as outsiders, to tell anyone in Evansdale how they should be responding to this horrible event that occurred in their city?

IIRC, you have experience doing clerical work/transcription for LE in Australia. Maybe that has caused you to have a poor estimation of LE as a whole. But we'll just have to accept, IMO, that we can't force the citizens of Evansdale to react the way you, I or anyone else wants them to.

Eight months of silence?

There is obviously a clear lack of evidence. or at least not enough for a murder conviction.

There is obviously a clear lack of evidence. or at least not enough for a murder conviction.

In some places, it's perfectly normal for the police to do their investigation and to release a statement at the time of an arrest. Until that time, no one assumes that police know, or don't know, anything ... they just assume that investigators are doing their jobs ... just like everyone else does their jobs.

THANK'S ALL OF YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WISHE'S I had a great and Quite day . Thank's again and God Bless You all Pat

In some places, it's perfectly normal for the police to do their investigation and to release a statement at the time of an arrest. Until that time, no one assumes that police know, or don't know, anything ... they just assume that investigators are doing their jobs ... just like everyone else does their jobs.

Yes.

I don't know about the situation in Iowa, but in MA, there hasn't even been enough time to get all the results back from the lab yet. That normally takes 4-6 months. It's only been 3 since the girls were found.

I was just looking at case photos from July 2012 and came across this one. Thinking back to when I checked the temps for July, it was normal for the temperature to range between 80 and nearly 100 degrees. Ted reported that he cycled daily on the Evansdale Nature Trail ... and cycling in the warm weather, he should have been tanned. He looks exceptionally pale for someone that regularly cycled in the warm weather.

TedJuly2012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member