IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I make a comment about the scanner?? Don't want to end up in Jail again. But I also heard a report of someone spotting a black van on highway 63. Its nice to know that people are paying attention and calling in. And is there a scanner thread???

Can I make a comment about the scanner?? Don't want to end up in Jail again. But I also heard a report of someone spotting a black van on highway 63. Its nice to know that people are paying attention and calling in. And is there a scanner thread???

Not yet, but nursebeeme said she would start one if there was some activity. I'm listening to Grundy and Black Hawk and it is stone cold after Tractor supply incident.

Ok. I'm not listening right now, but will tomorrow while at work....

I was just on the scanner earlier, but didn't hear it. Asian male? WoW! So about how many are we talking in this "ring?" 5 at least ? "They" are tracking him the same way. Going to get on the scanner too.

Not sure about it being a "ring", the news about the attempted abductions involving an asian man happened prior to the girls abduction. I had been trying to track how many attempts happened before and after our girls went missing.

It could also be that since the abduction and killings of the Evansdale girls plus no arrest, that some perps are thinking it's easy to get away with.

Thank you for this!

Yours is exactly what I am thinking. Success breeds success in these matters
especially if there is a network involved.

guys, I strongly suggest those of you following the recent kidnapping in Waterloo which may or may not relate to our girls contact a mod and get the Lizzie and Lyric scanner thread opened back up. I do believe one exists and has been closed since the heavy searching ended back when the case first broke. If there was one, and I think there was, if you have a mod open it then nobody has to risk time outs of jail.

Just a suggestion. Hate to see anyone get in trouble unnecessarily.

I highly doubt this is a "weirdo" ring. Sadly there are a lot of sickos out there, way way more than you think.

While a more densely populated area, to put it in perspective below is a link to a map showing stranger attempted Chicago child abductions over a two year period.

http://media.apps.chicagotribune.com/childabductions/map.html

Note how few actually led to an arrest (see symbol key)

Yes. This could be strictly commercial. Selling children..

http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/OJJDP_Child_Molesters_Who_Abduct Children.pdf

Perhaps this article called Child Molesters who Abduct Children has already been posted. It is based on FBI research. It is long but worth the read. (I am still not done with it.) Key points are that abductors tend to have low social competence, usually use weapons, have a strong preoccupation with children, and have been sexually assaulted themselves. Younger offenders are usually more disorganized and leave the bodies in places that are close to home. Organized abductors have a stronger sadistic streak and hide the bodies more effectively, meaning it takes a long to find the remains.

No, no! Don't delete it! It is true what you say. Don't leave and please come back for what you hear at 10 on KCRG.

Shoot. I already deleted it. I just didn't want to offend anyone etc etc..
It's far more important that we work together than that "I get a personal post in or not. Thanks.
G.

I heard nothing on any news tonight - we watched all eastern Iowa channels at 10:00pm.
Nada that I heard ... frustrating ..

http://www.yellodyno.com/pdf/OJJDP_Child_Molesters_Who_Abduct Children.pdf

Perhaps this article called Child Molesters who Abduct Children has already been posted. It is based on FBI research. It is long but worth the read. (I am still not done with it.) Key points are that abductors tend to have low social competence, usually use weapons, have a strong preoccupation with children, and have been sexually assaulted themselves. Younger offenders are usually more disorganized and leave the bodies in places that are close to home. Organized abductors have a stronger sadistic streak and hide the bodies more effectively, meaning it takes a long to find the remains.

Just curious, was there anything in the article about arson, or abuse of animals?

Just curious, was there anything in the article about arson, or abuse of animals?

I can't get the article to open. Says my adobe needs updating. But I am curious about arson and animal abuse too. I know a lot of animal cruelty cases were being reported. The poor dog that was left in a carrier to die - 3 very young people involved in that case. Cinder reported about abuse of some kitty cats in a carrier too I believe. I can't remember the others. When listening to the scanner back last summer, there were a lot of fires or arson attempts that came across the scanner. Crummy people for sure. :stormingmad:

When I got up this morning and saw all the snow I wanted to go back to bed until the snow is gone. Depressing.

I can't get the article to open. Says my adobe needs updating. But I am curious about arson and animal abuse too. I know a lot of animal cruelty cases were being reported. The poor dog that was left in a carrier to die - 3 very young people involved in that case. Cinder reported about abuse of some kitty cats in a carrier too I believe. I can't remember the others. When listening to the scanner back last summer, there were a lot of fires or arson attempts that came across the scanner. Crummy people for sure. :stormingmad:

Yes I remember about the dog left in the crate on the side of the road to die. Think it was Independence Avenue, which is one of the roads you would take from Myers Lake to Seven Bridges. I'm glad they caught the people who did this. I don't remember the one Cinder linked to but I do remember there have been several cases of abuse of animals since last year. There was also one about the horses being shot, "just because" was the excuse for that after they caught the guy.

Just thinking that maybe who ever did this, didn't live a "normal" life and then one day just wake up and decide to abduct children. There had to be some abnormal activity in this persons past. IMO

Yes I remember about the dog left in the crate on the side of the road to die. Think it was Independence Avenue, which is one of the roads you would take from Myers Lake to Seven Bridges. I'm glad they caught the people who did this. I don't remember the one Cinder linked to but I do remember there have been several cases of abuse of animals since last year. There was also one about the horses being shot, "just because" was the excuse for that after they caught the guy.

Just thinking that maybe who ever did this, didn't live a "normal" life and then one day just wake up and decide to abduct children. There had to be some abnormal activity in this persons past. IMO

Yes, I agree. If I recall correctly, there was a thread started about the dog left in the crate to die. I'll look for it and will be listening for any activity. It's Friday. TGIF!

Yes I also have noticed the increase in animal abuse reports. I have also noticed the increase in child abduction attempts, at least in Iowa. I think society has lost all it's morals. It just seems like anything goes anymore. I watch the news way too much and it is so filled with people doing things unimaginable a few years back.

I also noticed the huge spike in meth heads here in Iowa, they are everywhere.

Boot, I just get so frustrated with this case, I feel like nothing is ever going to be done and we will never hear anything from LE. Sorry I'm ranting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett