IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sure hope this scary attempt results in some arrests and answers to the questions on what happened to our girls and some others also. There are too many children missing out there.

I also hope there were plenty of eye witnesses.

You would think sooner or later one of these abductors would slip on a banana peel, or throw a
knee out of joint, and get caught! :banghead::banghead::banghead: By the report I heard tonight the woman had
hold of the child's collar .... the woman! If I am correct it was the woman who was the
aggressive actor in the CR attempt last summer. Has this become some kind of Olympic
Sport!!!? Wake up people! Enough already. (Thanks for letting me vent)

Maybe somebody ought to drive down to 7-Bridges and see if Ma and Pa are camped out there
enjoying brews and skittles?

In the vehicle ... the van includes license plate numbers similar to "1050."

Anyone with information about the van or suspects are asked to call the Waterloo Police Department at 319-291-2515.

Is it known if the abductors said anything to the girl before getting out of the vehicle trying to grab her?

Aymstriss, do you mind if I tag your post/link? I believe this is the first attempted child abduction in the area for this year. This way we can keep up with description of the perps because this little girl was very brave and gave a great description. I hope they can catch them. I hope they were caught on a camera too!!

You sure can

Is it known if the abductors said anything to the girl before getting out of the vehicle trying to grab her?

I read KWWL's article and the WCF Courier. Neither article mentions that the abductors said anything to the girl. However, it does seem that Lyric and Elizabeth's abduction and murder have been forgotten: SBM:

Angie Bickel's home is near the corner, and she has lived in the area for years.

Wednesday afternoon's activities involved her children and their friends hanging out in her yard, enjoying the sunshine and tossing a football.

"I feel safe. I feel safe for my kids," Bickel said. She said the only crime she has experienced while living here has been a broken window.

And then there is another resident.... SBM:

Across the street, another resident, who asked not to be identified, said she's never heard of anyone attempting to harm children in the neighborhood.

"There's a little bad in here, but it's mostly good, and there's kids everywhere. I have never, ever heard of anything like that. I see kids out here all the time," the woman said as four youths, one pushing a bike, walked down the street past her mobile home.

"I've been here for 17 years, and we've never had anything against kids. That's sad to think about, because we have kids everywhere," she said.
:maddening: :facepalm: I guess Waterloo doesn't keep up with what goes in Evansdale...

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/wa...cle_41c6eb80-b29f-11e2-bfd3-001a4bcf887a.html

The National Guard, in the service of the governor, can be called out for law enforcement, but under the Posse Comitatus Act and other directives, the armed services under the Defense Department are barred from participating in law enforcement activities.

I was just trying to say that it is very important to find these people,:facepalm:

oldlaptop1983.jpg

Pillack says the van is described as black with no windows. A possible license plate on the van includes the numbers similar to "1050."

The van was last seen driving south on Idaho Street towards Dubuque Road.

Anyone with information about the van or suspects are asked to call the Waterloo Police Department at 319-291-2515.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22133995/2013/05/01/attempted-child-abduction-reported-in-waterloo

That is funny cause yesterday I googled, black van with no windows and that pic came up.

This picture sort of reminded me of you cindersoot!

BB2DED34E35A88BBFDB9F7265E948_h316_w628_m5_cSjDxgBfB.jpg

ETA: Not the smug and unrepentant, but the part about pulling books off bookshelves and shredding them!

I'm smug and unrepentant? Lol

I'm smug and unrepentant? Lol

No, no! You are NOT smug and unrepentant. You just tear books off the bookshelves and shred them! NOT REALLY! I thought he was a funny cat! Thought all our cat people might enjoy.

I wish we would hear something more about the attempted abduction in Waterloo! The girl gave such a good description I hope LE is able to make an arrest.

I still wonder if they ever got the guy that tried twice to abduct kids, an asian man IIRC, I'll have to look for those links again. You would think that if this person tried to do this twice they would have some idea who he was.

I wish we would hear something more about the attempted abduction in Waterloo! The girl gave such a good description I hope LE is able to make an arrest.

I hope so, too. It makes me sick when I read this kind of story - especially when a woman is involved. I just don't get it.

I hope so, too. It makes me sick when I read this kind of story - especially when a woman is involved. I just don't get it.

OK! Everything is "in the Cloud". That includes vehicle descriptions and license plate numbers. The basic algorithm for searching-sorting number sequences dates from around 1746! (Euler)

Somebody needs to search these data bases and do the sorting needed to
find a few Ma's & Pa's to question. It's literally that simple.

This is NOT TV-CSI! This is basic computer work which is done billions of times every day in
other contexts. Is there a volunteer out there? Somebody already being paid to do this ?
Somebody at Go-Daddy since LE seems to lack the motivation or the skills? For example
somebody in the Motor Vehicle Dept in DesMoines could do this search in a matter of
minutes... unless that van is unregistered and uninsured it is there to be found!

:banghead:

OK! Everything is "in the Cloud". That includes vehicle descriptions and license plate numbers. The basic algorithm for searching-sorting number sequences dates from around 1746! (Euler)

This is NOT TV-CSI! This is basic computer work which is done billions of times every day in
other contexts. Is there a volunteer out there? Somebody already being paid to do this ?
Somebody at Go-Daddy since LE seems to lack the motivation or the skills? For example
somebody in the Motor Vehicle Dept in DesMoines could do this search in a matter of
minutes... unless that van is unregistered and uninsured it is there to be found!

That's what I was wondering too!

It's frustrating....geez let me in that darn office and give me the reports, I will close this case. HA

I read KWWL's article and the WCF Courier. Neither article mentions that the abductors said anything to the girl. However, it does seem that Lyric and Elizabeth's abduction and murder have been forgotten: SBM:

And then there is another resident.... SBM:

:maddening: :facepalm: I guess Waterloo doesn't keep up with what goes in Evansdale...

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/wa...cle_41c6eb80-b29f-11e2-bfd3-001a4bcf887a.html

They must have been referring to their very immediate neighborhood, because they are actually very close to Evansdale.

I know, right??? I did both a Google and Bing search on "attempted abduction black male white female" and I got all kinds of crap. I thought wouldn't it be nice if I could just search the race, color of vehicle, etc. etc...... I did find the article about the asian male. It was mind-boggling how much info came up. And yeah, the DMV should be able to easily come up with a vehicle that matched that description. I wonder if it was an Iowa plate??

I just heard on the scanner a bit ago that there was a traffic stop at Washington and Hawthorne. It was a California plate, and it "matched the description of the vehicle from yesterday." But I have no idea if they were talking about the van. Could have been another one they were looking for.

I know, right??? I did both a Google and Bing search on "attempted abduction black male white female" and I got all kinds of crap. I thought wouldn't it be nice if I could just search the race, color of vehicle, etc. etc...... I did find the article about the asian male. It was mind-boggling how much info came up. And yeah, the DMV should be able to easily come up with a vehicle that matched that description. I wonder if it was an Iowa plate??

I just heard on the scanner a bit ago that there was a traffic stop at Washington and Hawthorne. It was a California plate, and it "matched the description of the vehicle from yesterday." But I have no idea if they were talking about the van. Could have been another one they were looking for.

I was just on the scanner earlier, but didn't hear it. Asian male? WoW! So about how many are we talking in this "ring?" 5 at least ? "They" are tracking him the same way. Going to get on the scanner too.

Anybody got the scanner thread link available?

If you're googling, it's important to know how to frame the keywords. When you just have a jumble of words, you're probably not going to get much.

I'm assuming you're just putting quotes around the words you searched for to set them off from the text of your post, correct me if I'm wrong.

Instead of:
attempted abduction black male white female

Try this instead:
attempted-abduction AND black-male AND white-female

The hyphens connect the words that should be adjacent to each other and AND (upper case on purpose) tells the search engine that you're looking for documents that have all three terms.

To get even more specific results, throw in Iowa at the end:
attempted-abduction AND black-male AND white-female AND iowa

Putting quotes around words is the same is linking them with hyphens, so "attempted abduction" is the same as attempted-abduction. Also, OR works like AND.

Hope that helps out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member