Not open for further replies.
I was just going to post that link...

Look want I found!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367442622786.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367442622786.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 26
I found this info to post on another thread, and thoght I'd share it here:

Not every registered sex offender will appear on this Internet web site. As explained on the Summary of the Law page, approximately 25% of registered sex offenders are excluded from public disclosure by law. Whether public disclosure is permitted is based on the type of sex crime for which the person is required to register.

The Sex Offender Tracking Program is responsible for determining if any sex offender registrant who applies for exclusion from the Internet web site qualifies for exclusion. Registrants whose only registrable sex offenses are for the following offenses may apply for exclusion: (1) sexual battery by restraint (Penal Code § 243.4, subd. (a)); (2) misdemeanor child molestation (Penal Code § 647.6, or former section 647a); or (3) lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 (Penal Code section 288) or continuous sexual abuse of a child (Penal Code § 288.5), but only if the person convicted of section 288 or 288.5 successfully completed probation that was granted pursuant to Penal Code section 1203.066, subdivision (c). Click here for a copy of the exclusion form, which must be submitted to DOJ and approved before exclusion will be granted. Registered sex offenders who are granted exclusion from the Internet web site must still register as sex offenders.

http://meganslaw.ca.gov/sexreg.htm

This is in California - I wonder how common this is in other states ?

Here we go again a man and woman trying to abduct kids in the area.

This couple was described as a black older male and middle aged white female in a black windowless van. You would think LE would get the Army, National Guard, Green Beret, whoever and whatever it takes to find this van and these people.

The other attempted abductions last summer in the Waterloo Cedar Rapids area were also a couple, but did they fit this description, no. Makes me wonder if a sex ring is working the area.

This couple was described as a black older male and middle aged white female in a black windowless van. You would think LE would get the Army, National Guard, Green Beret, whoever and whatever it takes to find this van and these people.
I agree!

It'd be nice to know more about that morning in the Collin's house. Were the girls playing on the computer? Were they getting along? Were they being competitive? Did they make any phone calls or receive any? Did they have lunch before they left for their bike ride? Had they been riding their bikes earlier that morning?

I thought the description sounded familiar too. Do we have a link to the other story? I'll look for one.

The National Guard, in the service of the governor, can be called out for law enforcement, but under the Posse Comitatus Act and other directives, the armed services under the Defense Department are barred from participating in law enforcement activities.

The other attempted abductions last summer in the Waterloo Cedar Rapids area were also a couple, but did they fit this description, no. Makes me wonder if a sex ring is working the area.

This is the link regarding the attempted Cedar Rapids abduction of a 5 y/o boy.

Sergeant Cristy Hamblin says the father reported to police that he was following his son as he rode his bike in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Boulevard SW at around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday night when a white Chevy Astro van pulled up next to the boy.

The father says a white man got out of the van and grabbed the boy while a white female got out of the van and grabbed the bike.

The father says he began yelling at them and they let the boy go and went south on Kirkwood Boulevard SW.

Hamblin says it was not reported to police until three hours after the incident.

The man is described as being in his 30's with short brown hair. He is about 5'8" and weighs around 120 pounds.

The female is described as being in her 30's with shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on the thumb web of her left hand.

Hamblin says a third person was driving the van. He is described as a white man with glasses and a larger build.

"It shouldn't be just the white van," said Hamblin. "It's the entire issue surrounding what happens. "

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19168951/cedar-rapids-father-says-pair-tried-to-abduct-his-son

Police say this can be a good time to remind your kids about stranger danger.

"We always played games at our house when the kids were little of 'What if?'" said Hamblin. "'What if this happens, what are you going to do?' Have a pre-made plan of what they can do. If somebody does approach them, know, tell them to run away. Know the trusted neighbors that you can go to."

Here are some general safety reminders from the Cedar Rapids Police Department for parents to remember:

• Know where your children are at. When they go out to play, set boundaries of where they can ride their bike or whose house they will be playing at.

• Be cognizant of what your children are wearing when they go out to play.

• Always carry a recent picture of the child. This should include their height, weight, hair and eye color.

• Talk to your children about strangers. You cannot always tell if a stranger is good or bad by what they are wearing or what kind of car they drive.

• Even if a stranger knows the child's name, talk to the child about not going with a stranger. Don't advertise your child's name on their bike or their clothing. And remind them not to accept gifts from strangers or help find lost pets.

• Have your child practice the buddy system whenever possible. Play with friends and not strangers.

• Practice situations with your children. If they are being lured by a stranger, have them yell "Fire" or "You're not my mom/dad."

• Talk to your child to educate them but not to scare them.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19168951/cedar-rapids-father-says-pair-tried-to-abduct-his-son

BBM: I wonder if Elizabeth's or Lyric's bike had their names on them?

I found this info to post on another thread, and thoght I'd share it here:

Not every registered sex offender will appear on this Internet web site. As explained on the Summary of the Law page, approximately 25% of registered sex offenders are excluded from public disclosure by law. Whether public disclosure is permitted is based on the type of sex crime for which the person is required to register.

The Sex Offender Tracking Program is responsible for determining if any sex offender registrant who applies for exclusion from the Internet web site qualifies for exclusion. Registrants whose only registrable sex offenses are for the following offenses may apply for exclusion: (1) sexual battery by restraint (Penal Code § 243.4, subd. (a)); (2) misdemeanor child molestation (Penal Code § 647.6, or former section 647a); or (3) lewd and lascivious acts with a child under 14 (Penal Code section 288) or continuous sexual abuse of a child (Penal Code § 288.5), but only if the person convicted of section 288 or 288.5 successfully completed probation that was granted pursuant to Penal Code section 1203.066, subdivision (c). Click here for a copy of the exclusion form, which must be submitted to DOJ and approved before exclusion will be granted. Registered sex offenders who are granted exclusion from the Internet web site must still register as sex offenders.

http://meganslaw.ca.gov/sexreg.htm

This is in California - I wonder how common this is in other states ?

Well, blow me over... That's just not right because the offenses listed are very, very bad in and of themselves. :moo: You lose your right to hide your picture from the internet if you commit offense #1, 2 or 3!!! :stormingmad:

I'm reading up on Megan's law in Texas. I believe we discussed signage the other day. . . This is an old article:

Megan’s Law: The Yard Sign That Leaves its Mark
August 2001

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas--A state judge took Megan’s Law into new territory in May when he ordered convicted sex offenders in this coastal city to post a sign in their yard letting people know about their crime.

Supporters of the policy say resident protection is uppermost in their minds, but some homeowners are concerned about the stigma the signs impose on surrounding houses. One resident wrote a letter to the local newspaper suggesting the judge have a sign posted in the yard next to his own so that the judge can appreciate “what it’s like to see his property value plummet
http://realtormag.realtor.org/law-a...2001/08/megan-s-law-yard-sign-leaves-its-mark

oldlaptop1983.jpg

Pillack says the van is described as black with no windows. A possible license plate on the van includes the numbers similar to "1050."

The van was last seen driving south on Idaho Street towards Dubuque Road.

Anyone with information about the van or suspects are asked to call the Waterloo Police Department at 319-291-2515.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/22133995/2013/05/01/attempted-child-abduction-reported-in-waterloo

I sure hope this scary attempt results in some arrests and answers to the questions on what happened to our girls and some others also. There are too many children missing out there.

I also hope there were plenty of eye witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV