IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have friends in Waterloo also, but I didn't kill anyone there either. Just cause he has a perp friend in Waterloo doesn't make him a suspect. Jmo.

well, I must disagree on the 'possibility'. Prison is a training ground.
These guys tend trust their own kind. Everybody needs to talk to someone.

We know for example even after 20 years inside, penalties, and countless
interventions, therapy, counseling, even Faith Based Hands-on molecular
work-a-roo, ... Mr Klunder still was Mr. Klunder in the end.

Check their phone records. Might as well cover the easily available data bases... just to
be sure? Who knows. It might lead to a third party. A fourth party. A whole coven? Its
time to stop guessing ...

with all respect! ...

Was this the FB buddy who is an RSO also? All RSOs in the Evansdale/Waterloo/Seven Bridges area should have been interviewed. Even if LE is working on another theory they usually contact all RSOs in the area. At least this is what I've been lead to believe on unsolved mysteries, etc.

then how about his FB buddy alleged to be in the Evanadale area? Birds of a feather - shared info privately? One trained the other ? Look at that guy ...

Find the vehicle he had last year and examine it !:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

BBM.... LE should have already found MK's previous vehicle. Maybe he sold it for scrap and it's been destroyed already? Yet, LE should know this already.:pullhair:

then how about his FB buddy alleged to be in the Evanadale area? Birds of a feather - shared info privately? One trained the other ? Look at that guy ...

Find the vehicle he had last year and examine it !:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:[/QUOTE]

MK learned somewhere how to behave normally to gain a wife...no?! It takes practice for these monsters to learn how to mimic other's normal behavior to fit in. If he's in prison for 20 of his younger years than he would not have been around many normal folks to learn from. IMO he must have been taught these things by an older inmate.

Originally Posted by georger

Earlier in the investigation did LE lead us to believe that there was some computer communication that they were investigating? I remember reading something regarding this earlier in the thread. I'll hunt for the post. Yet, if this is the case then I wonder where this lead LE?

Earlier in the investigation did LE lead us to believe that there was some computer communication that they were investigating? I remember reading something regarding this earlier in the thread. I'll hunt for the post. Yet, if this is the case then I wonder where this lead LE?

I don't know about any specific communication, but as part of their investigation LE looked at the families' computers and cell phones.

I don't recall hearing about any useful info being found on any computer.

Here's a current article about another missing Iowa girl who disappeared in 2001:

The search for missing Dayton teen, Kathlynn Shepard is bringing back painful memories for one set of parents in eastern Iowa. Erin Pospisil was also 15-years old when she disappeared in 2001 in Cedar Rapids. She went to a friend’s house to watch movies, but the friend wasn’t home.

http://whotv.com/2013/05/25/missing-girl-parents-hope-12-years-on/

Here is her WS thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71157&highlight=pospisil

Was this the FB buddy who is an RSO also? All RSOs in the Evansdale/Waterloo/Seven Bridges area should have been interviewed. Even if LE is working on another theory they usually contact all RSOs in the area. At least this is what I've been lead to believe on unsolved mysteries, etc.

Yes, this FB friend is also a RSO. I'm not necessarily saying he was involved at all...my point was just that IF MK goes through Evansdale, or was in Evansdale the day the girls went missing he could have said he was stopping through to see his friend.

Or, it could be that he stops there regularly for a pop, lunch, etc. at the Casey's on River Forest and then takes it to Meyer's Lake to eat.

Here's a current article about another missing Iowa girl who disappeared in 2001:

The search for missing Dayton teen, Kathlynn Shepard is bringing back painful memories for one set of parents in eastern Iowa. Erin Pospisil was also 15-years old when she disappeared in 2001 in Cedar Rapids. She went to a friend’s house to watch movies, but the friend wasn’t home.

http://whotv.com/2013/05/25/missing-girl-parents-hope-12-years-on/

Here is her WS thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71157&highlight=pospisil

Has there been any official information about whether this case is connected to the other case? If they are connected, I wonder if Kathlynn (whom I'm pretty sure is no longer alive) will be included in the memorial park ... in the sense that the children would all be victims of the same monster.

Has there been any official information about whether this case is connected to the other case? If they are connected, I wonder if Kathlynn (whom I'm pretty sure is no longer alive) will be included in the memorial park ... in the sense that the children would all be victims of the same monster.

There hasn't been any word whether the cases are connected. The only thing that's been reported is LE is looking at the 2 cases because there are similarities. I wonder if LE needs to find Kathlynn because there were unique things done with the girls, but without Kathlynn they can't see if similar things were done to her?

I also wonder if LE had already been able to exclude MK as the girls killer, would they have already made that public? If there wasn't any DNA found on the girls, how would they connect the two cases, through MO?

The RSO friend of MK lived so close to where the girls were caught on camera, is it possible MK was in Evansdale that afternoon, and just decided to stop by his friend's house but he wasn't there? If that was the case than his friend might not have even been aware that MK was in the area that day.

So many possibilities and scenarios, I just hope they're able to find Kathlynn soon.

It sounds like Klunder used this: NPCB-gun euthanasia during the abduction of the other two children. Could that have been the murder weapon in the case of Lyric and Elizabeth?

https://atrium.lib.uoguelph.ca/xmlu...ey Thesis Complete Final Edits.pdf?sequence=3

Captive bolt pistol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

otto, it's great to hear from you again. Thanks for the info about the weapon - I've been wondering what a hog-killing gun was!

I don't think Klunder is the person who took Lyric and Lizzie, although there are some similarities. But if he is the one, I think he would have used a weapon he was comfortable with, such as the captive bolt pistol. JMO

any thoughts on why the Dayton girls would go with this guy? It seems like they did not know him. I am quite shocked they got in his vehicle; not knowing him.

Now the younger girls, I could see being more persuaded by a stranger or even someone they knew or plain overtaken by someone.
Maybe I am being naive...my kids are older.
thoughts from others with kids in both age groups?

14 to 15 year old girls I think would be more likely to take a ride. They are flush with the teenage syndrome that convinces them that all those horror stories their moms have told them only happen to others.

IME younger girls are actually more cautious in that regard. All the stranger danger warning is till fresh for them and they haven't quite gotten those teen years and hormones working against them yet.

I remember 15. I thought I was grown. I thought none of those bad things like kidnap, pregnancy, any of it could REALLY happen to me. It happened to those other girls on the news. But not to me.

one thing I notice about Klunder, he does not seem able to go long after release til his next attack. Zero self control. The other thing, very bold, even to taking multiple victims on several occasions.

My cousin's husband is a K9 cop and he went over to Dayton on Friday to help with the search for Kathlynn. He told us today that he was talking to a DCI officer who said that they have strong reason to believe that MK was involved in the deaths of Lizzie and Lyric. Obviously, this is just hearsay and not official but I wanted to let you guys know that they are definitely looking into it.

L&L are in the hearts of all of the searchers out there looking for Kathlynn. They don't want her to have to wait to be found like L&L did and if MK was responsible for Lizzie and Lyric's deaths then they want to be able to give everyone that closure and say that they found the guy even if it's too late to punish him.

My cousin's husband is a K9 cop and he went over to Dayton on Friday to help with the search for Kathlynn. He told us today that he was talking to a DCI officer who said that they have strong reason to believe that MK was involved in the deaths of Lizzie and Lyric. Obviously, this is just hearsay and not official but I wanted to let you guys know that they are definitely looking into it.

L&L are in the hearts of all of the searchers out there looking for Kathlynn. They don't want her to have to wait to be found like L&L did and if MK was responsible for Lizzie and Lyric's deaths then they want to be able to give everyone that closure and say that they found the guy even if it's too late to punish him.

I hate hearsay. Just sayin.

I hate hearsay. Just sayin.

yesterday, you just posted that you heard reports MK was not involved with the girls deaths. I never saw a written report on that. What is the Difference?

I believe this poster can post what they want and they stated it was an opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB