IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sorry cinder! I suffer from sinus allergies and have had several sinus infections. Not one bit fun! I use a netti-pot now! Never thought I could use one, but I mix it with a little packet of saline and flush out out my sinuses. Plus I take my Allegra D that I used to get a Rx for, but now I can't because so many people use it to make meth that I have to stand in line to buy it now and it really makes me mad! Take it easy cinder. Drink lots of fluid. Steamy showers. Rest! Take care my friend! Sinus infections suck! :moo:

OT. sorry. I have been suffering sinus problems for over a year, last month I was on a 21 day antibiotic course, and I still have problems. I really cannot tell if it's allergies or infection, I'm so sick of it. I use a neti everyday also.

IMO... I'm wondering if the recording secretary attended the same "special meeting" as the media reporter?

[Note: Bolding below was not added by me on purpose, but rather a result of my copy/paste to a word program. fox]

filecabinet.gif

April 22, 2013 Special Minutes

Evansdale Park & Recreation Commission Meeting
Meyers Lake/Angels Park - Monday, April 22, 2013

<snipped>
Angels Memorial Update: Island prep is progressing well. Preliminary Concert profits of $31,000 and other funds already collected for a total of $48,000.

Curtis DeGrotte: He started the Angels Facebook Page. He has approx. 50 or so volunteers coming to do work on the island May 10th weather permitting. Seeding of banks on island. Harmony House had tons of perenials to donate.

Fence: Will be putting up a snow fence so that public will not be able to walk over to island until work has been finished.

Shelter will be 24 x 40 and Gazebos 12 ft.

Water, electricity and sewer supplies have been ordered by Rod Frickson.

Trees have been donated by 3 area businesses and will be planted perhaps late summer or early fall.
<snipped>

Quit screaming at us Foxy! Just kiddin' ya! Interesting! Thank you for the info. The "Harmony House" is that a greenhouse? <modsnip>

OT. sorry. I have been suffering sinus problems for over a year, last month I was on a 21 day antibiotic course, and I still have problems. I really cannot tell if it's allergies or infection, I'm so sick of it. I use a neti everyday also.

My sister-in-law also suffers from sinus infections and practically lives on antibiotics about this time every year, so I can appreciate that you feel like crap! Hang in there and call your doc if the antibiotics aren't helping. We love you cinder! We can't have you sick! You are the WOMAN! :rockon:

Hi back, Boots! Yes it looks awful. Ill keep taking pictures everytme I get groceries at Faraway only this time I'll get out of my truck and get closer. I wish they would provide a drawing of what they are planning. I don't understand why they stripped the island so bare? I was so sad looking at all the trees gone just like the girls....gone. :(

chelsea6, welcome back!!!!:rockon:
We have discussed this at length last thread.
I for one am concerned.

:seeya:

Where did all these new smileys come from!?!? And where was this one :stormingmad:when I requested a new thread last Thurs? <just kidding>

Some of us here are imo suffering from a high fever today. :)

My relatives that live in Evansdale and have for 30 years, very close to Meyers lake, did not know this family before the girls went missing. Obviously all of the publicity they've received has boosted their standing. Again, I highly disagree that Buzz is among the most influential. There are many more local upstanding people higher on the ladder. Buzz does have money, but he doesn't necessarily have influence. I wonder if he Bertches are contributing to he memorial. Gary is distantly related.

I have a relative who is a waitress in Evansdale. I wonder if she knows any good gossip.....

Thanks for the input. So you would agree that the Collins' social standing has improved since the girls went missing? Not just in a "Everyone knows them now" way, but where the people at the top of the ladder are now letting them into their ~group?

I think I am just too self-aware that if my fictional child went missing, and then the most influential people in town wanted to be "friends" with me...I would be very weary. I might use them, just as they would be using me. But I don't think I would genuinely believe that these people were my friends, just people who were allowing me to into the group due to all the media/publicity my family had received.

Wondering, Cinder, if you and the other sinus sufferers get the cabin air filter in your vehicle checked and changed regularly? It filters all the air coming into the passenger area and a lot of folks don't know about it. They get really gross and of course contaminates the air coming into your vehicle, whether it is on the heat setting or ventilate. We had a vehicle whose cabin air filter was full of leaves and mold. Ewww. And we were breathing air pulled through it! Ask your mechanic, or your oil change person, to check the cabin air filter and see if it is clean, and watch and see where it is, then you can monitor it yourself. It is a $20 item on my vehicle.

It is my understanding that the separation between the sisters happened WELL before these girls went missing.

I know I read somewhere that Heather separated herself from her sister/s due to the drug issue. :(

I'm not sure if the parting of the sisters happened before or after Lyric was under the care of Heather/Drew. Logically I'd say it happened after Misty had her most recent stint since Lyric was under the guardianship of Wylma.

Not that it makes a world of difference at this point...but I wonder if Lyric went back under Misty's care between the time Heather had her, and then to Wylma. Or, maybe due to Heather's health, she legally was moved under Wylma's care...but Wylma always took her to Heather's to help care for the other kids.

It's true they seemed a bit alienated during the search, but they were at least able to put up a good front. It was only after the girls were found that it turned into a deep public rift. I guess it's possible Heather was that angry all along but put her feelings aside while she thought it was necessary to help her daughter, but now that it's over, there's no need to keep up the front.

I dunno, though. It seems like something more than that.

Attention members: This thread was closed for review due to many issues. Please read the following and thank this post before continuing any discussion:

1) family members are OFF LIMITS to sleuthing and speculation. This would include posting social media pictures of them that are not in the main stream media, posting their social media pages, and all the other information contained in the second post of this thread. Please also review our social media rules.

2) sleuthing or discussion of persons not related to this case is OFF LIMITS. This would include posting pictures, names, etc. Please refer to the rules on what is able to be posted on registered sex offenders as well. You can post REGISTERED sex offenders in the area to include maps, etc, but that does not include sleuthing them beyond that (posting social media, etc)

3) The memorial is being created for the girls. You can post MSM articles related to the memorial. Otherwise bashing the memorial or any other events related to the girls is off limits. If something is in the media feel free to post it.

4) off color jokes about drug use.. especially related to family members.. is a :nono: We are BETTER THAN THAT FOLKS.

and

5) Further infractions of 1-4 can result in a loss of your posting privileges. Please post responsibly.

We've talked quite a bit about random abduction vs. pre-planned.

Does anyone feel this was a random abduction in all aspects - the perp wasn't planning to commit a crime, he just happened to be there at the time Lyric and Lizzie just happened to be there and he took them?

I don't think he just happened to be there, think he was watching them maybe a few days, maybe a week, maybe since school got out? IMO

We've talked quite a bit about random abduction vs. pre-planned.

Does anyone feel this was a random abduction in all aspects - the perp wasn't planning to commit a crime, he just happened to be there at the time Lyric and Lizzie just happened to be there and he took them?

I don't think it was random, and I don't think it was sexually based.

I don't think it was completely random, but I do think it was either sexual or sadist-based. Like, I don't think it was drug revenge or something. I think someone is a sick monster and gets some pleasure out of hurting kids in some way.

right now I think a local perv saw an opportunity and took it.

I have theorized about luring, meeting, planning etc. But at this point, I lean heavily toward a local perv who maybe had noted the girls before but wasn't necessarily stalking. Saw them out riding THAT day, and pounced. Still unsure if I think he saw them at the lake or somewhere along their bike ride and followed. I think the crime was entirely sexually or sadistically motivated.

on the fence still about that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members