IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=825118#.UYzkl0rvjpE

I wonder if this man could be connected to any of the other cold cases from the 70's.
I hope it doesn't take 38 years in Lyric and Elizabeth's case to connect the dots of who did this.

I think the window of opportunity closed early in this case ...

If the girls were kept locally then local searches failed to discover that.
If the girls were removed from the area, Evansdale sits in a position where
the girls could have been taken any number of directions. If 7-Bridges was
always going to be a part of the scenario (in the perps inventory of
options) then LE's failure to search or keep tabs on that location was not
in LE's thinking.

My belief is that 7-Bridges and the perp are associated in some way, and
if that is true then LE has failed to find the person who has that connection,
or if they think they have found a person with that connection then they
cannot prove a link between the girls and some person ...

I don't think the perp found 7-Bridges by accident. And LE quite obviously
has not been able to think ahead of the perp anticipating his actions.

Would any two girls have been abducted that afternoon on the route they
traveled, regardless of who they were? !

in LE's thinking.

BBM

This, to me, is a very important question. While some of us feel the perp was waiting for any little girl to come by, I believe one or both of the girls were targeted. I don't think any other child/children would have been abducted. JMO

I also think LE agrees, since they have referred to this as a unique event, and they don't appear overly concerned that it will happen again. JMO

BBM

This, to me, is a very important question. While some of us feel the perp was waiting for any little girl to come by, I believe one or both of the girls were targeted. I don't think any other child/children would have been abducted. JMO

I also think LE agrees, since they have referred to this as a unique event, and they don't appear overly concerned that it will happen again. JMO

Absolutely.

Amanda, Michelle and Gina are a case in point - all picked up on the side of the road.

The predator was out hunting and got lucky, driving past his victims then pulling over and offering them a lift.

He did not park his car, walk to a quiet corner of a park, and wait for a random victim to happen by to drag off to his vehicle, kicking and screaming.

Predators usually don't sit around waiting in deserted bike paths...they actively hunt.

Jessica Ridgeway was also picked up off the roadside by someone in a vehicle, likewise Lindsay Baum, Jaycee Dugard, etc etc.

Precious few are abducted on foot as must've happened with the girls, if they went from Meyers Lake that is.

There were 4 girls all taken from the same immediate area.

We know Amanda and Gina were abducted, as did LE.

Everybody suspected the cases were connected, and the perp was clearly a local.

It doesn't seem too much of a stretch for an alert police force to be still looking for 4 girls who went missing in their jurisdiction...they keep assuring us they are...:(

Factor in that this man was the father of Gina's best friend.

He probably should have been looked at hard way back when she first went missing, but obviously wasn't.

We also know he has a history of violence and imprisoning his wife, which every one also seems to have turned a blind eye too.

Do I expect LE to break down doors of innocent people? No.

Do I expect LE to follow up hard on abducted 14 year olds and alarming reports of possibly abused and captive women and screams for help in the same locality as the abductions of 4 young women?

Yes.

:banghead:

On the NBC news tonight there was a story called Vanished. I cant find a link right now, but it said that something like 37 girls/young women have vanished in the Cleveland area and remain missing.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

in LE's thinking.

I didn't think this person was connected to our girls, I had been wondering if maybe he or any of his family members had any connection to the three women who were found dead in the 1970's, one of the victims either lived in Readlyn or was found there, I'll have to look again.

There are just too many claims (numerous claims) from all sorts of people
having contacted LE over the years, any one of which could easily have
lead to the perp. None were followed up on for all practical purposes... the
Courts did not even follow up on serious charges with life at stake ... all
blame the system being clogged which I have no doubt it is ... which has
become a perpetual state of affairs ... all favoring the criminal. And the
criminal is well aware of the advantage he has!

Everyone needs to slow down and smell the roses imho ... or people may
miss Tomorrow until it has passed and is over with and unrecoverable!

Ive ben listening to this case pretty much nonstop. I have heard the same claims over and over. The naked lady, that they admit was never called in; the woman in the window; yelling coming from the house.

In the case where they were actually called and responded, they had no probable cause to enter the house.

In the case of his exwife, neither Castro, his wife, or the attornies on either side bothered to sjow up for the court date.

It appears that hindsight is 20/20 and there were signs. But no one in his family or his friends had a clue. So how is LE supposed to know?? Does he stand out from the tens of thousands of other potential perps (abusive spouses) in the Cleveland area?? Apparently he did not. He knew one of the girls, but had no link to the other two. There was no common denominator, aside from the abduction location.

They thought it was odd that he locked the basement and upstairs. It was odd that he brought mcdonalds home all the time. It was odd that it looked like no one lived in the house. These in themselves aren't that unusual. Not unusual enough for ANYONE to put the far-fetched pieces together and call in a tip. Why would LE determine that this particular guy needed to be looked at???

Have the fathers of each and every one of Elizabeth and Lyrics friends been investigated???

I'm aware this is OT but I have to make a couple of corrections.

Ive ben listening to this case pretty much nonstop. I have heard the same claims over and over. The naked lady, that they admit was never called in; the woman in the window; yelling coming from the house.

In the case where they were actually called and responded, they had no probable cause to enter the house.

They did have probable cause. Naked women and screaming in the night is indicative of a crime. LE has a right to effect entry if they suspect a crime is in commission.

In the case of his exwife, neither Castro, his wife, or the attornies on either side bothered to sjow up for the court date.

Castro did not show up, repeatedly, his wife did, despite the fact she was terrified of him. Her lawyer did not turn up when finally Castro showed his ugly face. She was let down by everyone around her.

It appears that hindsight is 20/20 and there were signs. But no one in his family or his friends had a clue. So how is LE supposed to know?? Does he stand out from the tens of thousands of other potential perps (abusive spouses) in the Cleveland area?? Apparently he did not. He knew one of the girls, but had no link to the other two. There was no common denominator, aside from the abduction location.

The last person to see Gina was Castro's daughter, who was passing Gina while driving with Castro....Castro dropped his daughter home and went back and got Gina.

This tells me that Castro was one of the two people who saw Gina last, and LE must've known that.

They thought it was odd that he locked the basement and upstairs. It was odd that he brought mcdonalds home all the time. It was odd that it looked like no one lived in the house. These in themselves aren't that unusual. Not unusual enough for ANYONE to put the far-fetched pieces together and call in a tip. Why would LE determine that this particular guy needed to be looked at???

Ummm...the reports of screaming, naked women and little girls in attics?

Have the fathers of each and every one of Elizabeth and Lyrics friends been investigated???

I hope so, especially if they are the last person who saw them.

:pullhair:

He abused his wife and family, beat up (almost killed) and locked up his wife in that house numerous times. They all left him. Why would anyone that knew about this abuse think he would quit?? Abusers do not just turn into "nice guys".
The sketch looks just like him!
Someone saw him to derive at this sketch.
His ex-wife's boyfriend told police to look at him; he knew this guy was bad news.
His own daughter was the last person to Gina alive!

I totally agree, every good friend of the girls; their family should be questioned. Who's home did the girls frequent? Did they sleep over a certain home often? Did they get rides from a certain adult? What adults were they often around? What neighbors? Yes, they should be interviewed.
Sometimes intuition puts you on the right path.

They did have probable cause. Naked women and screaming in the night is indicative of a crime. LE has a right to effect entry if they suspect a crime is in commission.

Castro did not show up, repeatedly, his wife did, despite the fact she was terrified of him. Her lawyer did not turn up when finally Castro showed his ugly face. She was let down by everyone around her.

The last person to see Gina was Castro's daughter, who was passing Gina while driving with Castro....Castro dropped his daughter home and went back and got Gina.

This tells me that Castro was one of the two people who saw Gina last, and LE must've known that.

The police were never called in the case of the naked woman. The neighbor admitted that. The girl saw it, told an adult, the adult never called. And I don't remember which case it was, person in the window or yelling, where LE knocked and eventually left. I hear scanner calls all the time about LE that show up to a residence, see nothing, hear nothing, find nothing. They are 10-8 no report.

I don't get what your saying about Castro's daughter. Wasn't his daughter with Gina - they called and asked the mother permission for a sleepover, she said no and they parted ways?? Then Castro saw Gina and picked her up??

So based on him being a wife beater, if the theory follows, they should investigate every wife beater in the greater Cleveland area for the other 33 missing girls.

Idk, maybe they should. Maybe they should search every house and building in Cleveland. Should they, yes. Will they, I'm guessing not.

[/B]

He abused his wife and family, beat up (almost killed) and locked up his wife in that house numerous times. They all left him. Why would anyone that knew about this abuse think he would quit?? Abusers do not just turn into "nice guys".
The sketch looks just like him!
Someone saw him to derive at this sketch.
His ex-wife's boyfriend told police to look at him; he knew this guy was bad news.
His own daughter was the last person to Gina alive!

I totally agree, every good friend of the girls; their family should be questioned. Who's home did the girls frequent? Did they sleep over a certain home often? Did they get rides from a certain adult? What adults were they often around? What neighbors? Yes, they should be interviewed.
Sometimes intuition puts you on the right path.

I have always felt that the perp could be the father or an older brother of a friend of one of the girls.

in LE's thinking.

Someone recently posted that they think the girls were kept in town until the house sweep. Then taken to 7 bridges and killed. I tend to agree with that theory. And no, you are right. You do not find 7 bridges by accident.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

A pair of brothers witnessed the deJesus kidnapping and called it in ...
including the license plate number? Nada. Or is that report wrong also?

I feel the girls were taken to the perps property that weekend and by monday were killed and kept on his property, but moved later when he felt uneasy.

http://www.cbs2iowa.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_15831.shtml

The Monona County Sheriff's Office says a girl was approached about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at the city park in Mapleton. Sheriff Jeff Pratt said Wednesday that the girl didn't get into the man's dirty, light blue pickup and was not hurt.
On Monday an 11-year-old girl was approached by a man with a similarly described truck at a beach at the Lakeland community south of Blair in Washington County, Neb. She ran home and wasn't harmed.

I wish LE would state "It has been determined that the time of death was ..."

this clue would assist us whether or not it is someone who lives there, was home on school break from college (my suspicion), was a temporary worker in the area, was a drifter passing through near the time of the abduction, etc. It would assist us in assisting them in the search for whoever is responsible.

LE knows who is responsible as they are not seeking info from the public and/or warning of an imminent threat (although one "always" exists everywhere) - this is JMHO

Just checking for updates. Glad to see that sleuths are still kicking around different ideas about the girls' case and the possible perp.

I am still torn between targeted and victims of opportunity. I keep waffling between the two on any given day.'

Still watching, still hoping for justice for our girls.

I feel the girls were taken to the perps property that weekend and by monday were killed and kept on his property, but moved later when he felt uneasy.

. . . or returned to the Evansdale area during Thanksgiving break because he had been away at school (perhaps?)

Questions I have regarding the timing of the remains being found:
Are we to believe there were no visitors to the 7 Bridges area from July to December?
Was overgrowth enough to hide TWO bodies from visitors that may have been in the area during the preceding months?
Were the bodies placed in this area "hoping" they would be found by hunters?
Were the remains placed in this area to frame someone in the vicinity?

Who in the heck did this?!!!

Are we to believe there were no visitors to the 7 Bridges area from July to December?
Was overgrowth enough to hide TWO bodies from visitors that may have been in the area during the preceding months?
Were the bodies placed in this area "hoping" they would be found by hunters?
Were the remains placed in this area to frame someone in the vicinity?

Who in the heck did this?!!!

One of the earlier articles made it sound like it is a HUGE overgrown area and that if the hunters had walked five feet to the right the girls still wouldn't be found. The pictures we see don't make it seem that way though, do they?

A pair of brothers witnessed the deJesus kidnapping and called it in ...
including the license plate number? Nada. Or is that report wrong also?

I heard that, too. I don't know. Maybe the license plate was wrong. Maybe the tip was never followed up on. If not, then I guess we'll find out when they investigate.

And I didn't say the other reports were wrong.

Ty Ayms for this link.

Quote from link:
“Birds can take them and make nests out of them,” said Dona Frickson, a volunteer with the Angels Memorial group. The group is creating a lasting memorial on the island at Myers Lake to the girls and others."

I'm a wee bit embarrassed to admit that the first thing that popped into my mind was: "Too bad the trees the birds have been building nests in for years have been removed..."

I read the comments on article to see if anyone had expressed my thoughts.

Was shocked to see that someone went way beyond my thoughts. Wow... the first commenter on the article, imo, was angry about something other than the subj of the article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member