IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning on KCCI, a body was found in the Des Moines river. UGH.

This morning on KCCI, a body was found in the Des Moines river. UGH.

:( My friends make fun of me because I won't get in the river (or lake for that matter) at our family cabin. This is exactly why. I have had a recurring nightmare since I was a child of jumping into the river and dislodging a body from the bottom that floats up around me. :panic: I am terrified of water I can't see the bottom of.

Every time I read of these circumstances it just sends chills up my spine.

This is JMO and my personal impression, but I got the feeling they addressed this because the psychic question kept coming up early on. In particular IIRC there were psychics posting things online about "visions" they'd had and such. It's been a long time and I assume the sources would be considered rumor at best, so I haven't looked them up again, but I remember when LE mentioned them early on I felt like they wanted to let people know essentially "yes we're listening to all tips including the ones from psychics but we aren't using psychics in the case." I'd forgotten the lottery winner comment but that makes me think even further that while they were taking all tips, they were discounting what they were hearing from psychics for the most part. Again MOO.

References to psychics are a sign of public frustration. :banghead:. The public isn't stupid!

I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for years, and kinda have it under control. But since this case with Klunder and all the bad, my panic and anxiety is back.

Just a thought, if the psychics visions were dismissed by LE, then maybe they can share what some of them suggested. If they were all different "visions" that is one thing, but if several were similar they may be worth another look imo.
If a psychic was from the area she/he may have heard about something indirectly. In the Bernardo/Homolka case, they, Karla and Paul the murderers, had called in a psychic ( to test the waters so to speak) and were told to pour bleach down the drains, ironic and telling given the horrors that may actually have washed down the pipes.

No Boots, I haven't heard. But there is a news release today out of Boone iowa, where a young boy was approached by a man in a minivan who asked the boy if he wanted to see his puppy. The boy ran away and now police are asking for the publics help.

Just a thought, if the psychics visions were dismissed by LE, then maybe they can share what some of them suggested. If they were all different "visions" that is one thing, but if several were similar they may be worth another look imo.
If a psychic was from the area she/he may have heard about something indirectly. In the Bernardo/Homolka case, they had called in a psychic ( to test the waters so to speak) and were told to pour bleach down the drains, ironic and telling given the horrors that may actually have washed down that plumbing.

I don't really believe in psychics, but hey, what else do they have, right.

I have suffered from panic attacks and anxiety for years, and kinda have it under control. But since this case with Klunder and all the bad, my panic and anxiety is back.

I'm so sorry cindersoot! If it makes you feel better, I'm right there with you. I think this case has taken a toll on all of us that have been since the beginning for Lyric and Elizabeth. It's scary that someone such as Klunder who was pure evil "does walk amongst us." It's even scarier that there could be another just like him if Klunder did not take our girls' lives. Makes my heart beat fast and I can't catch my breath when I think about it. If Klunder is not our guy in this case, will our perp strike again? I kept thinking after hearing about Kathlynn and D that it was too soon. Maybe Klunder was fueled by L&L's murder even if their murders were not a sexual motive. Sick b*s%a#!

I think we all need a nice vacation. . . somewhere in the Bahamas or Jamaican islands where the water is nice and clear and blue and we could sip mai tais or pina coladas while we watch the boats sail by...

I'm so sorry cindersoot! If it makes you feel better, I'm right there with you. I think this case has taken a toll on all of us that have been since the beginning for Lyric and Elizabeth. It's scary that someone such as Klunder who was pure evil "does walk amongst us." It's even scarier that there could be another just like him if Klunder did not take our girls' lives. Makes my heart beat fast and I can't catch my breath when I think about it. If Klunder is not our guy in this case, will our perp strike again? I kept thinking after hearing about Kathlynn and D that it was too soon. Maybe Klunder was fueled by L&L's murder even if their murders were not a sexual motive. Sick b*s%a#!

I think we all need a nice vacation. . . somewhere in the Bahamas or Jamaican islands where the water is nice and clear and blue and we could sip mai tais or pina coladas while we watch the boats sail by...

I didn't realize how hard this case was really affecting me until the Shepard case. I feel like everyday I watch the news, there is more depressing crap going on. I can't understand all the child abduction attempts in Iowa lately.

No Boots, I haven't heard. But there is a news release today out of Boone iowa, where a young boy was approached by a man in a minivan who asked the boy if he wanted to see his puppy. The boy ran away and now police are asking for the publics help.

Oh my! Good grief! :stormingmad: I hope they catch him! What's wrong with the world today with all these weirdos going after our children? I just don't understand, never have, never will.

Oh my! Good grief! :stormingmad: I hope they catch him! What's wrong with the world today with all these weirdos going after our children? I just don't understand, never have, never will.

I know, it's crazy.:scared:

If a psychic was from the area she/he may have heard about something indirectly. In the Bernardo/Homolka case, they, Karla and Paul the murderers, had called in a psychic ( to test the waters so to speak) and were told to pour bleach down the drains, ironic and telling given the horrors that may actually have washed down the pipes.

Oh my word! Karla and Paul actually called a psychic in to help them? That's weird that the psychic told them to pour bleach down their drains - she/he must have sensed something was wrong with them. . . Still not fair that Karla gets to live the beautiful life when she helped snuff out so many other innocent ones.

I didn't realize how hard this case was really affecting me until the Shepard case. I feel like everyday I watch the news, there is more depressing crap going on. I can't understand all the child abduction attempts in Iowa lately.

I can't understand them in any state. You are right though it does get to you. Because of the Shepard case I was picturing all kinds of things in my mind. I imagined Lyric trying to fight her abductor and it made me want to throw up. Think of them every day and also feel anger at the unknown face that lacks a heart that did this.

O/T

Here's something else I can't understand - parents who molest their children:

A 27-year-old man sexually assaulted his three-year-old daughter 'too many times to remember', during which time his wife would hold the toddler's hand so that it 'wouldn't hurt so much', court documents reveal.

The Michigan man, who is not being named to protect his daughter, has been arraigned on 12 counts of first degree sexual misconduct after it emerged he repeatedly raped the three-year-old, took illicit photographs of her for his own 'sexual gratification' and made her watch child *advertiser censored*.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wife-held-childs-hand-wouldnt-hurt-much.html

O/T

A 27-year-old man sexually assaulted his three-year-old daughter 'too many times to remember', during which time his wife would hold the toddler's hand so that it 'wouldn't hurt so much', court documents reveal.

The Michigan man, who is not being named to protect his daughter, has been arraigned on 12 counts of first degree sexual misconduct after it emerged he repeatedly raped the three-year-old, took illicit photographs of her for his own 'sexual gratification' and made her watch child *advertiser censored*.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wife-held-childs-hand-wouldnt-hurt-much.html

Both the sicko father molester and that sorry excuse of a mother should spend the rest of their lives in a prison where they get the pleasure of enduring water boarding every single day for hours on end. They should also have "It's a Small World" playing continuously during the water boarding. And may the fleas of 10,000 camels infest their armpits and genital area until their dying day.

What the hell is wrong with people??!!!

O/T

Nooooo! I will never understand this either and if anything could be worse, this is the perfect example. I don't give a you know what if you were molested as a child...... Stop It! End It! It doesn't give you the right to do to your child or another child. Sick! Sick! Sick! I mean I have no pity for these people. Just lock them away FOREVER! No second chances. No rehabilitation. Just lock them away from society. You do this to a child you get no second chances and you sure as hell don't get any pity from me because you were molested as a child either. That is not an excuse. Lots of people were molested and they do not go on to become child molesters. This makes me want to puke! Sorry for that visual, but these people truly are the bottom of the pond scum. I'd say take'em out back and just shoot them, but of course they have "rights" - gag!

I can't understand them in any state. You are right though it does get to you. Because of the Shepard case I was picturing all kinds of things in my mind. I imagined Lyric trying to fight her abductor and it made me want to throw up. Think of them every day and also feel anger at the unknown face that lacks a heart that did this.

Although there are many unknowns in Michael Klunder's past. We do know that he is/was a psychopathic sexual predator without a victim profile.. Psychopathic sexual predators are very deflective, manipulative, calculating, and creative.
Krunder, took advantage of jurisdictional linkage blindness and perceived hypothesis..imo

Until possibly his last four victims, if responsible for L & L, which were abducted in pairs.
Not only was his victim profile & MO erratic, but also the amount of time that passed between abductions, based on his past.

'Is the reason for the delay in Law Enforcement's update on the Klunder connection to the L & L abduction/murder due to the probability of other unknown victims?
There are two 16 year old girls missing cold cases inCouncil Bluffs, Iowa, that went missing in 2012 & 2013.. Also one just across the County line from Dayton, Iowa in Ft Dodge, Iowa, in 2012.

http://iowacoldcases.org/missing-persons/

Danielle Galica
Age at Report: 16
Missing From:
Council Bluffs, IA
Missing Since:
January 29, 2013

Bridgette D. Bowman
Missing From: Council Bluffs, IA
August 14, 2012

Kelsey L. Larsen
Missing From:
Fort Dodge, IA
Missing Since:
October 26, 2012

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=D...NYjthzEtxK0DjppKew&oq=ft+dodge&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

A Dayton, IA
B Council Bluffs, IA
C Fort Dodge, IA

I have always thought that RSO's should also have their vehicle information made public. Make, model and year, and plate numbers.

I agree but if its some sort of registry that will be responsible then we would have the same issues with that as reporting their residences when they move. I wish the states could have some sort of data base which would be reported to a federal master database.

When RSOs apply for medicaid or SNAP benefits their address of record would be reported, when they sign up for utilities their address of record would be reported. When they register a vehicle their vehicle and address of record supplied on those documents would be reported.

I will never understand why they expect felons to come out and abide by the rules of the registry. They haven't exhibited good law following in the past, why would they follow them post parole or release??

Sorry for OT rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members