IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear georger, I think the reason we speculate on the COD because if this was a sexually-motivated crime the COD would likely be strangulation, imo. It's just natural human curiousity to wonder how the girls did die. With Lyric's parents having been involved in some pretty serious drug dealings, I know at one time I feared this was some kind of retaliation in which the girls were driven to 7-Bridges and executed. I remember Somer Thompson's abduction and murder. Her mother, Diena, wanted to know how her daughter was murdered. She fought for the killer to confess fully and give those details. I think it would be natural for a parent to want to know, but I do understand those who would chose not to know those gory details. Peace. :seeya:

BBM

Results of an autopsy performed Saturday by Chief State Medical Examiner Julia Goodin results show Shepard, whose body was found Friday night, died of “multiple sharp and blunt force injuries” to her head, The Des Moines Register reported. The 15-year-old’s death will be certified a homicide, the newspaper said.

http://northiowatoday.com/2013/06/0...-confirm-body-identified-as-kathlynn-shepard/

Originally Posted by RodgerD View Post
I don't think I overstepped my boundries. Just telling you all what I found out while in Iowa. Im still stuck on CMF. And I really don't have the energy to go back and read through all the 1000's of threads to find out what I can say or what I cant. Just saying, if he has been questioned, so be it. I just know they were looking for a white SUV type vehicle, the latest I heard. White truck with white topper could be mistaken for a white SUV type vehicle. And I never gave no names. Nite all

RodgerD, RSOs are scrutinized very closely early in abductions/ missing person's cases. Imo, CMF would have been investigated early on, and if he was involved, would have been arrested after over a year.. Imo, CMF had a solid alibi..

RodgerD, Mr M, in the above video would possibly be a treasure trove of info..

The witness spotted the bikes lying on their sides across the path at 12:20pm. From my estimates that gives 17 minutes to ride past the surveillance camera and past Mr. Carpenters house, and get to the lake to lay down bikes and purse and get abducted. And.........witness saw none around.

I believe this map by otto takes TG's information provided by him against what times have been provided by LE. Maybe this will help.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #25

"“Today marks two months since the disappearance of 11-year-old Lyric Cook and 9-year-old Elizabeth Collins,” Rick Abben, chief deputy at the Black Hawk County Sheriff’s Office, said in a statement Thursday. “Both girls were last seen on July 13 at 12:15 p.m. riding their bicycles away from the Collins residence in Evansdale. We have information that the girls were seen approximately 12:23 p.m. on Brovan Blvd. and between 12:30 and 1:00 p.m. on Gilbert DR. in the area of Meyers Lake in Evansdale.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...-missing-2-months-authorities-plead-for-help/

RodgerD, RSOs are scrutinized very closely early in abductions/ missing person's cases. Imo, CMF would have been investigated early on, and if he was involved, would have been arrested after over a year.. Imo, CMF had a solid alibi..

RodgerD, Mr M, in the above video would possibly be a treasure trove of info..

IMO, they would not arrest him without enough evidence, regardless of what time has passed. Suppose there was evidence in the vehicle, as has been rumored. Let's just say for the sake of argument that it was something that may have belonged to the girls, but no DNA linking it to them is present. Even if there was, it doesn't prove anything (depending on the item). A suspect could claim "I don't know how that got there", or "so and so borrowed my car" or even "I gave them a ride once" Still doesn't prove that said suspect KILLED the girls. They still have to prove that. So no, just because he may have been questioned early on ( and I heard another rumour that he had not) doesn't mean that just because it's been this long, he is not still on their radar.

:waitasec:

I thought in one of the most recent interviews Drew himself stated he identified the bikes.

I thought he said he was riding with an officer and that they went to the park after the bikes were found and he identified them as the girls bikes.

I would have to go back and re-listen but I think (if my memory is keeping all the interviews straight) it was in the most recent "raw" interview that was posted...

Granted, I don't think LE has ever come out and stated "the bikes that we found at Meyer's Lake were positively identified as the bikes being ridden by Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Morrissey"...but I have a very strong hunch that if there was ANY question about those bikes being the bikes the girls were riding that would have been stated. For nothing more than just to say that the girls AND their bikes were missing, and that the bikes found at the lake did NOT belong to the girls. JMO of course...

I thought in one of the most recent interviews Drew himself stated he identified the bikes.

I thought he said he was riding with an officer and that they went to the park after the bikes were found and he identified them as the girls bikes.

I would have to go back and re-listen but I think (if my memory is keeping all the interviews straight) it was in the most recent "raw" interview that was posted...

Granted, I don't think LE has ever come out and stated "the bikes that we found at Meyer's Lake were positively identified as the bikes being ridden by Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook Morrissey"...but I have a very strong hunch that if there was ANY question about those bikes being the bikes the girls were riding that would have been stated. For nothing more than just to say that the girls AND their bikes were missing, and that the bikes found at the lake did NOT belong to the girls. JMO of course...

Drew could only identify the bikes at the lake.

We have know way of knowing if they were the bikes the girls were on when they left the house, nor does Drew, because he was at work.

:twocents:

Not the bikes that were found at 4. We're talking about the bikes another biker said he saw lying across the path at 12:20. Nobody knows whether those were the same bikes that were found later and there's some indication they weren't (i.e. nobody else reported seeing them across the path).

Were the bikes definitely identified in the cctv camera footage? Who identified them?

I recall way back when this first happened the LE Panel truck had a picture of the bike's and was going to load them into the police van . I recall Dan I think he was the one who I 'D them . The larger bike it was Lyric's Aunt Tammy gave to her shortly before their sad demise .RIP LYRIC AND LIZZIE

I recall way back when this first happened the LE Panel truck had a picture of the bike's and was going to load them into the police van . I recall Dan I think he was the one who I 'D them . The larger bike it was Lyric's Aunt Tammy gave to her shortly before their sad demise .RIP LYRIC AND LIZZIE

Dan didn't even get to the lake until 5, the rest of the family were there much earlier.

LE found the bikes just before 4 so I believe it is very unlikely that LE waited an hour for Dan to arrive and ID the bikes.

Drew could only identify the bikes at the lake.

We have know way of knowing if they were the bikes the girls were on when they left the house, nor does Drew, because he was at work.

:twocents:

Extremely good point.

The only person who could have identified that they had been on those two particular bikes that day was Wylma, who was allegedly the last person in the family to see them.

MOO

I'm happy to see so many new pages here, new discussions moving in a few directions. Hopefully something will come of it.

Roger, it is great to have you posting here. When you speak with LE will you be mentioning the possibility of a white truck with a white topper?

Were the bikes definitely identified in the cctv camera footage? Who identified them?

Agreed. If anyone could definitively ID or claim to ID anything in that footage I either salute them or doubt them. I am glad the footage was found, but identifying exact people or bike makes/models seems nearly impossible to me.

Ok...help me understand the scenario with the second set of bikes please.

Some believe that the bikes that the biker saw were possibly NOT the bikes of the girls, correct?

Do you believe that the girls were apparently riding two "mystery" bikes that didn't belong to them (possibly the two bikes caught on the video) and those were laying across the path at the back of the lake at which the biker saw?

So then would we deduce the perp went to the Collins house, picked up the girls bikes, staged them at the lake, and then took the two bikes the girls were actually riding with him and also took the girls?

I just want to make sure I understand how the 2nd set of bikes would play into the scenario.

Ok...help me understand the scenario with the second set of bikes please.

Some believe that the bikes that the biker saw were possibly NOT the bikes of the girls, correct?

Do you believe that the girls were apparently riding two "mystery" bikes that didn't belong to them (possibly the two bikes caught on the video) and those were laying across the path at the back of the lake at which the biker saw?

So then would we deduce the perp went to the Collins house, picked up the girls bikes, staged them at the lake, and then took the two bikes the girls were actually riding with him and also took the girls?

I just want to make sure I understand how the 2nd set of bikes would play into the scenario.

Some people have speculated that the bikes that were reported as seen laying across the path may have belonged to other people, because the timeline is so tight, if not outright impossible and/or it was just a coincidence.

The sightings of the girls on the bikes are vague and/or blurry. There may be sightings that have not been released to the public, such as other witnesses than those reported in the media or additional camera footage.

Some people believe the bikes were staged, and the girls were abducted elsewhere.

Some people are not sure they were ever on any bikes at all that day.

Some people believe they biked to the lake, dropped their bikes to go do something and encountered an abductor while there.

The timeline on July 13, 2012 seems to have issues.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member