Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM (Bolded By Me)

OBITUARIES - Thursday, December 27, 2012 (snipped for space)
Obituary courtesy Locke Funeral Home

Lyric Ray Lynn Cook (what's up with different last name than father?) was born on October 2, 2001, in Waterloo to Dan and Misty Morrissey. She attended Kingsley Elementary School and was 10 years old. Lyric went home to be with the Lord July 13, 2012. Lyric is survived by her parents, Dan and Misty Morrissey, and her brother Dillin Morrissey. (Why does her brother have their father's last name and not Lyric?

I know that Misty has dropped the Morrissey from her last name and now goes by Cook (per her FB page). She also shows she lives in West Union now.
Maybe because her and Dan were/are divorcing she chose to revert to her maiden name. Not sure what Lyric's LEGAL name is (on her birth certificate) but maybe due to the circumstances surrounding Dan she chose to just reference Cook in the paper. Heck, for all we know maybe she never legally had Morrissey in her last name.

DM may have simply been given Morrissey as a last name (as they may have been married when he was born) and he chooses to keep his last name since that's what he's been known as (if indeed Lyric's name was legally changed to Cook).

Heck, if things were horrible between the two of them (Dan and Misty) maybe that was a dig at Dan when they wrote the obit...who knows.

:twocents:

Do you have a link detailing the custody arrangements for MC and DM's son?

In my post #116 is a link I gave showing a video of DM's mother saying he and the son live with her. That was just after the girl's went missing and I have no new information since then other than hearsay that he still resides there.

I'm having trouble connecting the dots. :banghead: Nothing unusual for me though, I usually do not know if I have found a rope or lost a horse. Ha!

I don't know if this felon arsonist, Shawn Patrick Gant, is connected in any way at all to the case other than the crank calls to prosecutors in the girls' case or not. I believe the picture of Lyric presented in that article was a recent photo and I believe she is leaning against DM. I don't know if DM is her biological father or not. I thought she looked like him, but she looked like Misty too, IMO. People tell people with adopted children all the time that their child looks just like the parent when in fact they are not biologically related at all. DM is headed to the big house. It looks like if anybody knew something about his involvement with the girls now would be the time to spill the beans and collect the $150,000 reward. ? No ? :banghead:

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_33b8d1b2-2e9b-11e2-8f5b-0019bb2963f4.html

snipped:

I am thinking West Union, West Union, West Union .... why do I know West Union? So I googled it - and, "West Union man who went on trial for arson in July allegedly made crank calls to prosecutors claiming he knew the location of missing cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey and Elizabeth Collins"

small world isn't it?

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_33b8d1b2-2e9b-11e2-8f5b-0019bb2963f4.html

Yes, but this guy ended up with a stiffer sentence in the end, allegedly. I haven't searched for any updates to the article. He was indicted November 2011 and arrested/detained in December 2011 so he could not have abducted the girls. Interesting thoughts though for sure! :seeya: Maybe there was a plea deal.

Welcome EchoinEdale! :seeya:

This is from Grainne Dhu's original post:

I can't quite get the hang of the double quote option yet! :blushing:

BBM
Don't feel bad. I don't know how to post a picture or a map yet!

To double quote, go to the first post you want to quote and click the "quotation mark" button next to "quote". Then go to the next post you want to quote and do the same and the next post the same as many as you want. When you get to the last post you want to quote, click on the "quote" button instead. It should bring up the message screen with all your quotation marked posts attached, along with the post you just clicked "quote" on.
Have fun!

By the way, I love to read your posts. They are always very informative!

BBM
Don't feel bad. I don't know how to post a picture or a map yet!

To double quote, go to the first post you want to quote and click the "quotation mark" button next to "quote". Then go to the next post you want to quote and do the same and the next post the same as many as you want. When you get to the last post you want to quote, click on the "quote" button instead. It should bring up the message screen with all your quotation marked posts attached, along with the post you just clicked "quote" on.
Have fun!

By the way, I love to read your posts. They are always very informative!

Thank you very much watcher9! I don't know how informative I am, but I try to pay attention. :facepalm: Going to try the double quote thing very soon. Thank you again!

I'm having trouble connecting the dots. :banghead: Nothing unusual for me though, I usually do not know if I have found a rope or lost a horse. Ha!

I don't know if this felon arsonist, Shawn Patrick Gant, is connected in any way at all to the case other than the crank calls to prosecutors in the girls' case or not. I believe the picture of Lyric presented in that article was a recent photo and I believe she is leaning against DM. I don't know if DM is her biological father or not. I thought she looked like him, but she looked like Misty too, IMO. People tell people with adopted children all the time that their child looks just like the parent when in fact they are not biologically related at all. DM is headed to the big house. It looks like if anybody knew something about his involvement with the girls now would be the time to spill the beans and collect the $150,000 reward. ? No ? :banghead:

Personally I think that more than one person has put their hand up for the reward money.

We don't know what stage the investigation is at.

Daniel Morcombe's took 8 years, a Coronial Inquest, and an undercover jail sting, before an arrest was made.

These things go very slowly. Us non-LE just don't understand - they have to apply to a judge to get permission to do the least little thing, otherwise it's not legal and useless on court day. Separate paper work for every phone, every computer, every car. It all takes time.

If LE are not concerned about a repeat offender, and their man is already incarcerated, they have all the time in the world.

Personally I think that more than one person has put their hand up for the reward money.

We don't know what stage the investigation is at.

Daniel Morcombe's took 8 years, a Coronial Inquest, and an undercover jail sting, before an arrest was made.

These things go very slowly. Us non-LE just don't understand - they have to apply to a judge to get permission to do the least little thing, otherwise it's not legal and useless on court day. Separate paper work for every phone, every computer, every car. It all takes time.

If LE are not concerned about a repeat offender, and their man is already incarcerated, they have all the time in the world.

Quite interesting! I agree. Wonder how many times DM's name was thrown into the pot as a POI, and by whom? That photo that I mentioned earlier that shows Lyric with DM. There is another one of her in a truck ? I believe, around the same time. I wonder if someone was documenting that she was still in contact with DM irregardless of the No Contact order. I remember we discussed whose house was in the photo at that time the picture was taken, but I cannot remember the conclusion of that conversation. Never mind me, just thinking out loud.

Quite interesting! I agree. Wonder how many times DM's name was thrown into the pot as a POI, and by whom? That photo that I mentioned earlier that shows Lyric with DM. There is another one of her in a truck ? I believe, around the same time. I wonder if someone was documenting that she was still in contact with DM irregardless of the No Contact order. I remember we discussed whose house was in the photo at that time the picture was taken, but I cannot remember the conclusion of that conversation. Never mind me, just thinking out loud.

I remember starting a debate ages ago when I stated that to me, it was clear that Dan and Misty lived together with Lyric at Wylma's.

The reason I said this, was because Dan disciplined Lyric for not doing her chores. At Wylmas.

I honestly can't see him doing this if he wasn't residing in the house at the time, with the rest of them...at least for the majority of his time. He may have kept a bedroom at his mom's, but I do believe he was part of Lyric's household at the end.

Just my opinion of course, but the "meth lab" thing tends to support this.

:cow:

I remember starting a debate ages ago when I stated that to me, it was clear that Dan and Misty lived together with Lyric at Wylma's.

The reason I said this, was because Dan disciplined Lyric for not doing her chores. At Wylmas.

I honestly can't see him doing this if he wasn't residing in the house at the time, with the rest of them...at least for the majority of his time. He may have kept a bedroom at his mom's, but I do believe he was part of Lyric's household at the end.

Just my opinion of course, but the "meth lab" thing tends to support this.

:cow:

Yes, I agree. And that does set the thoughts swirling in my head. . . back to those initial interviews. :scared:

Yes, I agree. And that does set the thoughts swirling in my head. . . back to those initial interviews. :scared:

OMG you are setting yourself up for a little :whoosh: and even more :cursing: if you go back (like I did) to those first interviews.

Just for fun, listen to/read each interview and write down each persons account of the times things happened and who was where.

THEN, go back and see whose stories match. ;)

:giggle:

Well, I am on the very first thread and I have already been enlightened. Lyric Cook indeed was named as Lyrica Morrisey. What'ya know! Now this link still worked for me as did the video. The article reads Lyric Cook, but the reporter and the picture in the video say Lyrica Morrisey. http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Evansdale-Police-Search-for-Two-Missing-Girls-162444796.html

I did not originally read the article when the story broke, but it says it was updated December 10, 2012, so maybe the article originally named Lyric as Lyrica Morrisey. Hmmmmm....

Maybe while DM is locked up and clears his head ... he can put together the missing pieces for LE and help solve this nightmare. Of course, if it is an unknown sex offender it would be impossible for him to know, but he may remember certain people in certain places ... hey, we can hope can't we?

Just wanted to say that I believe that in the interview with Dan's mother, Vicki, she says that "they" came over to clean the house everyday. I think, but I'm not sure, that she was talking about Wylma and maybe Lyric. I've always thought that the reason Lyric was upset with Dan's scolding, and packed her bag to run away shortly before the abduction, was a reference to chores that were an issue at Vicki's house. So, I would suggest listening to that video. MOO

"Block Party" with Music by Wichita - September 19, 5pm – 8pm
Where: Downtown West Union
Business owners are planning another “Block Party” to be held on Thursday, September 19th. The band “Wichita” will perform in Downtown West Union from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. In addition, many businesses will be showing their customer appreciation by having refreshments, tasty samples, and special offers during the day and evening hours.

West Union is a city in Fayette County, Iowa, United States. The population was 2,486 at the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Fayette County. There were 15 registered sex offenders living in West Union, Iowa as of December 21, 2012. the West Union Aquatic Center has an 132-foot body waterslide and pool, an eight lane bowling alley and an 18-hole golf course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89