IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, looking at MMs mugshot; I would not have recognized her. After seeing what happened to DM and all of post 880 above ....

and this will even cause more pain and embarrassment to the families of Lyric and Elizabeth; especially as we are nearing the anniversary of the discovery at 7B .... IDK.

This is the first I have learned of TMH the bff of MM. Do we know anything about him? And what happened to Jeff W?

This is a book that was written about Oelwein (the area where MM is living) and close to 7 bridges -

http://www.methlandbook.com/

"Methland tells the heroic story of the small town of Oelwein, Iowa–and, through it, the story of drug abuse in Rural America. Once a railroad, meat-packing, and farming hub, Oelwein has been ...."

Now available in paperback after seven hardcover printings, the New York Times bestseller Methland: The Death and Life of an American Small Town, has been widely-lauded, reviewed, and referenced. Featured on the cover of the Times Book Review and listed among the year’s 100 Notable Books, Methland won the 2009 Chicago Tribune Heartland Prize as well as the 2010 Hillman Prize for Book Journalism. The book was picked as a best book of the year by the Los Angeles Times, the San Francisco Chronicle, the Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, the Chicago Tribune, and the Seattle Times. In January 2010, the British Broadcasting Corporation purchased global movie rights to the book.

m78shNy.jpg

KvbWwhY.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...-926a09b2340d.html?comment_form=true#comments

“Why do you have to set it so high that I can’t get out and take care of some of my affairs?” she asked. :facepalm:

:jail:

"Fayette County Sheriff Martin Fisher said the drug charges aren't related to the investigation into the cousins' disappearance and deaths."

Oh really????? :moo::moo::moo:

This is the first I have learned of TMH the bff of MM. Do we know anything about him? And what happened to Jeff W?

I checked out TMH on Iowa Courts...doesn't look like there is much there. Who knows what happened to Jeff W...I hate to say it, but when it comes to "life with meth" I don't feel that very many things mean more than the drug, so people come and go in and out of lives. The drug becomes the #1 concern above all, and relationships faulter. Parents lose their children, "romantic" relationships are met with constant fighting - sometimes leading to domestic assault - and even sexual favors done all in the name of getting that next high. I don't understand for the life of me why someone would ever hand their life over to such dismay, but then again, I've never battled addiction so I can't speak for those who have. :(

MM and this guy are living in a small town, how hard can it be for LE to figure out what is going on.
I would think due to her past, she would be watched to some extent.
I was hoping her moving out of Waterloo would change things for her, but evidently not.
What a sad life.
I doubt the courts will be sympathetic; too many chances and opportunities to change paths in my opinion.

I thought she would be able to straighten her life out too, but then I don't know how those drugs can destroy your mind or body.
On the other hand, I would think that if my child died in such a violent way, I might go into such a depression that I wouldn't care what happened to me any more.
I wonder what emotions she was going through when she abruptly quit speaking to the public after being so vocal and seemingly so open at the first and then her sister seemed to disown her for some reason when I think they would have needed each others support so much.

I checked out TMH on Iowa Courts...doesn't look like there is much there. Who knows what happened to Jeff W...I hate to say it, but when it comes to "life with meth" I don't feel that very many things mean more than the drug, so people come and go in and out of lives. The drug becomes the #1 concern above all, and relationships faulter. Parents lose their children, "romantic" relationships are met with constant fighting - sometimes leading to domestic assault - and even sexual favors done all in the name of getting that next high. I don't understand for the life of me why someone would ever hand their life over to such dismay, but then again, I've never battled addiction so I can't speak for those who have. :(

:goodpost: and BBM.

When our friend (Jack) chose meth over us; my friend Nate told me to "walk away from him and don't look back" and "these people will sell their soul to the devil, will steal from everyone who love's them." I finally took Nate's advice after Jack stole my visiting sister's 1 carat diamond wedding ring from my house. It has been six years without Jack in our lives; it is as if he died ... we miss him and wish he would have chosen us instead :cry:

m78shNy.jpg

KvbWwhY.jpg

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/cr...-926a09b2340d.html?comment_form=true#comments

“Why do you have to set it so high that I can’t get out and take care of some of my affairs?” she asked. :facepalm:

:jail:

"Fayette County Sheriff Martin Fisher said the drug charges aren't related to the investigation into the cousins' disappearance and deaths."
Oh really????? :moo::moo::moo:

Unbelievable.

Does she have an intellectual disability?

She seems to be totally oblivious to the seriousness of her crimes.

:banghead:

eta - if looks are anything to go by, these two appear to possess the intellect of a potato.

I thought with all the news on MM's partying/drugging/drinking going on when her sister needed her most, while the girls were missing, was the last straw for Heather.

I don't know either one nor have a favorite, I just saw it that way when HC has spoken about keeping her distance from MM and not forgiving her.

One thing I know for a fact, don't get inbetween sisters when they argue (more like verbal wars as you age). I have 3 of them.

:eek:fftopic: Disturbing reality: "It was a random place, a random time. Random everything," Sigg told officers in interrogation video released this week. "I was just driving and just kind of looking. And I saw her ... found the place to park. And I parked, and I waited. And she walked by, and I grabbed her."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/27/justi...y-case/index.html?sr=fb112713ridgewaykiller8p

Austin Sigg (Jessica Ridgeway killer) - Colorado

There was nothing random about this crime :moo:

Now both parents are incarcerated. Their lifestyle has everything to do with the girls' disappearance... One way or another.

MOO!!!!!!!

Remembering the girls today - and wishing they were still here to enjoy the holiday season.

Someday we will have justice for Lyric and Elizabeth.

:goodpost: and BBM.

When our friend (Jack) chose meth over us; my friend Nate told me to "walk away from him and don't look back" and "these people will sell their soul to the devil, will steal from everyone who love's them." I finally took Nate's advice after Jack stole my visiting sister's 1 carat diamond wedding ring from my house. It has been six years without Jack in our lives; it is as if he died ... we miss him and wish he would have chosen us instead :cry:

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/

The same reward system in the brain that hooks people to drugs might also explain why some people act like psychopaths.

We know that cold-blooded criminals lack empathy and fear — and are, by societal standards, a bit odd. But new research shows that it is not the traits that psychopaths lack that make them behave badly, it’s the traits that they do have. Not only are psychopaths impulsive, they like to take risks and seek out rewards.

So-called psychopathic traits have been linked to a disruption in the dopamine reward circuitry in the brain. And it is this disruption that drives psychopaths to want money, sex, or fame, in extreme ways.

First, we got a sample of these community volunteers. Then we measured their psychopathic inventory by giving them a personality test to measure psychopathic traits [ranging from manipulativeness, egocentricity, aggression and risk taking].

We gave them speed. And used positron emission tomography, or PET, to measure dopamine levels in the brain.

The people who scored higher on the measure of psychopathic traits, showed higher dopamine levels in brain reward regions after we gave them the drug.

RE: Blame the brain: Psychopaths are wired differently

There's a lot more to it than that. Psycopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs. If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will.

There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.

A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human. I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/blame-the-brain-psychopaths-are-wired-differently/

The same reward system in the brain that hooks people to drugs might also explain why some people act like psychopaths.

We know that cold-blooded criminals lack empathy and fear — and are, by societal standards, a bit odd. But new research shows that it is not the traits that psychopaths lack that make them behave badly, it’s the traits that they do have. Not only are psychopaths impulsive, they like to take risks and seek out rewards.

So-called psychopathic traits have been linked to a disruption in the dopamine reward circuitry in the brain. And it is this disruption that drives psychopaths to want money, sex, or fame, in extreme ways.

First, we got a sample of these community volunteers. Then we measured their psychopathic inventory by giving them a personality test to measure psychopathic traits [ranging from manipulativeness, egocentricity, aggression and risk taking].

We gave them speed. And used positron emission tomography, or PET, to measure dopamine levels in the brain.

The people who scored higher on the measure of psychopathic traits, showed higher dopamine levels in brain reward regions after we gave them the drug.

RE: Blame the brain: Psychopaths are wired differently

There's a lot more to it than that. Psycopaths (now often coyly
labelled sociopaths) are the only real persons, places, things, in
their world. The rest of us are figments of their imagination, in
effect, to be manipulated and used in anyway appropriate and
convenient to their needs. If they believe it to be ultimately useful
to their purposes to be kind and generous and considerate towards
someone, they will -- without limit, if helpful to their ends -- or
if they believe it to be more convenient to destroy someone, they
will.

There is no such thing as truth or lies external to them --
which explains why such persons can readily pass lie detector tests,
for example.

A quasi-religious psychiatrist I knew said they were born without
souls. A philosopher long ago came to literally believe that there
are people in this world who are actually not really human beings,
but who absolutely emulate the real thing and are basically
impossible to recognize as non-human. I think he was trying to
explain the psychopath.

That's quite interesting, especially the bolded part. Thanks for sharing this info.

I see that Heather shared Mistys mug shot on Facebook, Isn't it funny how two women grow up in the same family, and this same unimaginable thing happens to both of them, and how differently they deal with it? Complete opposites in so many ways. I keep thinking of poor Wylma. Two deceased granddaughters, one daughter in jail, a son wanted by the feds... And it doesnt seem to me that Heather is close to her. I'm thankful that Heather, Drew and kids have such a great support system, in spite of it all.

I feel real sad for Wilma Cook the mother of these girls. I think it is unchristion like for Heather to post her siste'sr mug shot on Facebook . I do not go into facebook I just feel no matter what a family does you Stand by them and try to help with support .I know with Meth they say it destroys the thinking and makes some heartless from the reading I have done . None of us are saints for sure but a little love and support is what Christ says blood is blood and they all should stick togeather.I am Glad Hearther and Drew have found peace with the Lord they should help their sister to get on the same track.It is such a shame two wonderful little girls killed by who knows and now this . Rest in Peace Lyric & Elisabeth.May your famly find love and peace with each other.:truce:

I feel real sad for Wilma Cook the mother of these girls. I think it is unchristian like for Heather to post her siste'sr mug shot on Facebook . I do not go into facebook I just feel no matter what a family does you Stand by them and try to help with support .I know with Meth they say it destroys the thinking and makes some heartless from the reading I have done . None of us are saints for sure but a little love and support is what Christ says blood is blood and they all should stick togeather.I am Glad Hearther and Drew have found peace with the Lord they should help their sister to get on the same track.It is such a shame two wonderful little girls killed by who knows and now this . Rest in Peace Lyric & Elisabeth.May your famly find love and peace with each other.:truce:
I Hope all W/S have a wonderful Thankgiving .Ot My Brother just received a lung trasplant and is doing well he was around Agent Orange in the Air Force never ever smoked . God is wonderful .

There was nothing random about this crime :moo:

Now both parents are incarcerated. Their lifestyle has everything to do with the girls' disappearance... One way or another.

MOO!!!!!!!

There was nothing random about Austin Sigg's horrific crime. AS had a black cheer leading outfit for JR to change into before sexually assaulting, torturing, and mutilating her. AS was stalking JR and waited for an opportunity, imo. AS received counselling for *advertiser censored* addiction at the age of 12 years old...Sadistic psychopaths lie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV