IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.press-citizen.com/articl...ale-girl-arrested-meth-charges?nclick_check=1

"Authorities executed a search warrant Monday at a Waterloo home where Cook-Morrissey and Todd Michael Henriksen, 25, were living.

They found drugs, digital scales, packaging, cash and evidence showing the distribution of drugs, officials said.

Henriksen was charged with delivery of methamphetamine, possession of marijuana with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia. If convicted he faces up to 15 years in prison.

Additional charges could be filed later, police said"

Just one question:

Where do we nominate this woman's probation/parole officer for "Slacker of the Year" award?

Maybe this time we can give him/her a standing ovation for the excellent work.

:slap:

Just one question:

Where do we nominate this woman's probation/parole officer for "Slacker of the Year" award?

Maybe this time we can give him/her a standing ovation for the excellent work.

:slap:

Maybe they were doing excellent work .....giving enough of the proverbial rope..

Maybe they were doing excellent work .....giving enough of the proverbial rope..

I understand what you're saying, but I really hope that's not the case. The intent of parole is to have someone babysit you in an intent to keep you on the straight and narrow. I know it's difficult and there are a million excuses as to why she's failing...but seriously...wouldn't she be one you'd kind of keep an eye on for this kind of behavior?

:jail:

This is saddening, sickening and hard to understand.

It's too bad that Misty isn't focusing more on her son and less on her own personal gratification. JMO.

ETA: I realize that a meth addiction can take over someone's life, and I do not want to appear unsympathetic to Misty's plight. I just wish she were able to make better choices for her son, and for herself. JMO.

I understand what you're saying, but I really hope that's not the case. The intent of parole is to have someone babysit you in an intent to keep you on the straight and narrow. I know it's difficult and there are a million excuses as to why she's failing...but seriously...wouldn't she be one you'd kind of keep an eye on for this kind of behavior?

:jail:
Not only that, I would hope there is ongoing drug testing. :banghead:

How long is/was Misty on supervised probation?

Misty Morrissey, 35, also known as Misty Cook, the mother of Lyric Cook-Morrissey, has been under supervision in connection with a 2003 methamphetamine conviction since she was released from prison in 2006. The supervised stint is scheduled to end Jan. 30, 2013.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_7e0a82a4-566c-505a-b22d-cb0e18722ca1.html

So maybe she wasn't still on probation. I thought she had a violation at one point (which would have extended it). Maybe not? Either way...it appears SOMEONE was watching her...

So maybe she wasn't still on probation. I thought she had a violation at one point (which would have extended it). Maybe not? Either way...it appears SOMEONE was watching her...

You could be right. I'll see if I can find anything about that.

If you look back one page (page 34) post #831 Squeeze posted a link where LE is trying to serve a warrant for JC. That's the "newest" that has happened to which we are discussing. :seeya:

Thank you, TCK, for bringing me up to speed!

Or, perhaps there was a tip . . . is it possible someone "narc'ed" her out?

bbm.
"Both hid from media under orange jail-issue hoodies. At one point Henriksen looked around and asked reporters if they were hungry.

He said he'd kill for a Mountain Dew.

Sheriff Martin Fisher said the drug charges aren't related to the investigation into the cousins' disappearance and deaths."

Or, perhaps there was a tip . . . is it possible someone "narc'ed" her out?

MM and this guy are living in a small town, how hard can it be for LE to figure out what is going on.
I would think due to her past, she would be watched to some extent.
I was hoping her moving out of Waterloo would change things for her, but evidently not.
What a sad life.
I doubt the courts will be sympathetic; too many chances and opportunities to change paths in my opinion.

MM and this guy are living in a small town, how hard can it be for LE to figure out what is going on.
I would think due to her past, she would be watched to some extent.
I was hoping her moving out of Waterloo would change things for her, but evidently not.
What a sad life.
I doubt the courts will be sympathetic; too many chances and opportunities to change paths in my opinion.

You are so right. They've probably been watching her. And the neighbors have too, I'm sure. That area is somewhat known for meth.

Boy, if my child's murder had no suspects, wouldn't you be a bit more careful and have learned something spending all that time in prison & losing a child? Nah...not in the last two family members arrested so far this year. Dan sent away for more years than he can live too.
JS has court in Dec., he was busted with Dan and has similar charges, just a little less history in Iowa Courts than Dan but many many charges in his life. Misty's guy she bailed out went back to prison this year. Who's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV