IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting perspective, 3Crazy... I didn't think into that... Her "mothering" is more "birthing" to a great degree... Let me ask a question though: Why V and not W for him to stay with?

I am going to ASSUME that because Wylma was appointed by the courts at the time as legal guardian due to Dan living with Vicki when Misty was incarcerated or he could have been incarcerated at the same time or the surroundings weren't deemed the best place for the kids???

With Misty and Dan being on the ups and downs of their relationship the kids were more than likely living with Misty and it was decided that Wylma was able to better care for them.

I'm not sure how or why they came to the conclusion that Wylma would be best fit...but we know that Heather and Drew had Lyric living with them at one time as well. Maybe Vicki didn't want custody and since Wylma didn't work she would be best suited??

It's hard to say how it was determined, this was all just my opinion.

Anybody know if D is Misty's son?

I believe that was cleared up by Tammy in an interview awhile ago.

Misty and Dan are both Lyric and Dillon's biological parents - and I haven't seen anything along the way to contradict that.

I am going to ASSUME that because Wylma was appointed by the courts at the time as legal guardian due to Dan living with Vicki when Misty was incarcerated or he could have been incarcerated at the same time or the surroundings weren't deemed the best place for the kids???

With Misty and Dan being on the ups and downs of their relationship the kids were more than likely living with Misty and it was decided that Wylma was able to better care for them.

I'm not sure how or why they came to the conclusion that Wylma would be best fit...but we know that Heather and Drew had Lyric living with them at one time as well. Maybe Vicki didn't want custody and since Wylma didn't work she would be best suited??

It's hard to say how it was determined, this was all just my opinion.

If you look in iowacourtsonline under dillin's name, Wylma was his legal guardian from 2001-2007. I do not find any entries since then to show anyone has legal guardianship of him. There are no entries under Vicki's name for guardianship of any of the children. Perhaps after 2007 Dan or Misty has had custody? Same can hold true for Lyric. From 2001 to 2007 Heather is listed and then Wylma. Perhaps custody since 2007 for both children has been with Dan and Misty and they asked family members to care for them?

Unless I'm missing something in the court logs?

I believe that was cleared up by Tammy in an interview awhile ago.

Misty and Dan are both Lyric and Dillon's biological parents - and I haven't seen anything along the way to contradict that.

I agree - as far as I know, Misty and Dan are the biological parents of Dillin and Lyric. If anyone has a link to a MSM article and/or interview contradicting this, please post it. I'm not being snarky, I really would like to know if I've overlooked something important.

If you look in iowacourtsonline under dillin's name, Wylma was his legal guardian from 2001-2007. I do not find any entries since then to show anyone has legal guardianship of him. There are no entries under Vicki's name for guardianship of any of the children. Perhaps after 2007 Dan or Misty has had custody? Same can hold true for Lyric. From 2001 to 2007 Heather is listed and then Wylma. Perhaps custody since 2007 for both children has been with Dan and Misty and they asked family members to care for them?

Unless I'm missing something in the court logs?

Nice find - you are good on Iowacourts - I suck finding things on there! They would likely be in parent custody if someone else isn't appointed...

I wonder why they were not in custody with the same person since siblings?

Nice find - you are good on Iowacourts - I suck finding things on there! They would likely be in parent custody if someone else isn't appointed...

I wonder why they were not in custody with the same person since siblings?

Perhaps they all had a home at the meth house that was seized in December of 2011 and had to find places to stay? Maybe after the February 25, 2012 assault by Dan to Misty where a no contact order was put into force, they split up and Misty and Lyric went with Wylma and Dan and Dillin moved in with Vicki? I realize there may be some overlap there for a month or two while Misty was still incarcerated and maybe Wylma cared for Lyric all of that time no matter what Dan, Misty and Dillin were doing.

OT: watching dr phil today; 17yr old online meeting guys
they make her feel "special"
mom to dr phil: should I let her get to know a 25yr old guy 1hr away?

are you kidding me??
can we say, who knows if he really is 25?
is he really a guy?
would you really let your daughter get in a vehicle with this person?

If you can't post an opinion because doing so would violate TOS, then don't hint at it, either.

are you kidding me??
is he really a guy?

I'm glad my kids are grown and settled. Young people are facing more challenges and dangers in this day and age than I think I could have handled as a parent. It is a scary world right now.

um guys, not to be a spoil sport but did the rules become less strict about naming minor children onthread? I haven't been around much so I may have missed it if it did, but I thought we weren't to post minor children (sibling) names, but just initials?

And I thought direct cut and pastes from FB pages were disallowed only paraphrasing?

sorry to interrupt.

um guys, not to be a spoil sport but did the rules become less strict about naming minor children onthread? I haven't been around much so I may have missed it if it did, but I thought we weren't to post minor children (sibling) names, but just initials?

And I thought direct cut and pastes from FB pages were disallowed only paraphrasing?

sorry to interrupt.

I'm terribly sorry - I did say D's name when quoting the obituary above... I did quote an obituary though, not a page... It won't give me the "edit" option on that one post though... hmmm....

are you kidding me??
is he really a guy?

Gotta say - that is just sad that it is even a question! YUCKO! I can see Dr. Phil jump out of his skin!

I really don't get that either! Really, with both of these parents' history lifestyles... I do not understand why the kids are allowed with them -that seems to be a huge break in our "system." Maybe if more kids were taken out of those homes they'd have a chance.

I thought his grandmother Vicki had custody of DM's son.

As to why parents with drug histories are allowed contact with their children, it is because research overwhelmingly indicates that children in fostercare do better and have much better outcomes when they are permitted to have contact with their parents. And that doesn't just mean parents with addictions, it means neglectful and/or abusive parents as well.

Adults tend to think in terms of cutting off potentially harmful influences in a child's life but children don't think or process emotions in the same way adults do. A huge majority of children who are removed entirely from contact with their parents tend to think "I was bad and that's why I don't get to see my mom and dad."

Even if all contact must be supervised, it is usually best for children to have contact.

Except perhaps in DM's case, where a judge has stated that he has "negatively affected everyone" he's come into contact with.

Presumably, this includes his children.

Look at all that kid has faced! Part of a meth lab bust which had to be traumatic, having his sister missing and murdered and his family plastered all over the internet. It's hard enough being a teen under normal everyday situations, but add all of that to it?

Now he won't have a father to be in his life and his mother must have chosen to let Vicki raise him? I just don't understand why Misty wouldn't sit there and think, OMG, I lost one child, I'm not going to lose another and spend every moment she could with her remaining son to make sure he knew he was loved and to help him through his trauma.

Do you have a link detailing the custody arrangements for MC and DM's son?

He is referred to as her brother (not step or 1/2 brother) in the obit - Lyric is survived by her parents, Dan and Misty Morrissey, and her brother Dillin Morrissey.

BBM (Bolded By Me)

OBITUARIES - Thursday, December 27, 2012 (snipped for space)
Obituary courtesy Locke Funeral Home

Lyric Ray Lynn Cook (what's up with different last name than father?) was born on October 2, 2001, in Waterloo to Dan and Misty Morrissey. She attended Kingsley Elementary School and was 10 years old. Lyric went home to be with the Lord July 13, 2012. Lyric is survived by her parents, Dan and Misty Morrissey, and her brother <modsnip> (Why does her brother have their father's last name and not Lyric?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member