IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't going to be solved, is it...:tears::tears::tears::tears::crying::crying:

The girls death Is either a serial offender or personal punishment for parents, IMO.

Has a profile been done for a serial offender? I am going to assume that the girls murders would mark an escalation to multiple abduction and murder, since there are so very few instances of 2 girls being taken at once.

It's been almost 2 years since the girls were murdered.
I pray every day that there murderer is found.
Justice for these precious girls.

This isn't going to be solved, is it...:tears::tears::tears::tears::crying::crying:

Without hope there is nothing, having hope when there are no answers is a hard task, but I will continue to try and think positive thoughts that there will be justice some day.

The girls death Is either a serial offender or personal punishment for parents, IMO.

Has a profile been done for a serial offender? I am going to assume that the girls murders would mark an escalation to multiple abduction and murder, since there are so very few instances of 2 girls being taken at once.

I really wish they would tell us if a profile was done on the person who did this. It could be a serial offender, because it would seem like they knew what they were doing in making sure they were not seen and not much evidence to be found. But then again there is a first time for everything, and it appears they had luck on their side. No witnesses, no fingerprints, and a time lapse from when they went missing and when the bodies were found.

Not really sure about the punishment for parents thing since both girls come from two different types of backgrounds. Could it be someone that was a religious fanatic but leading a double life, jealous of EC's family or someone that did not like the life style of LC's parent's?

There are very few instances where two are taken but it could also be that this person did not plan to take two, but an opportunity arose when two girls were seen alone, two girls that stuck like glue to each other it would seem.
It might help if they would release a profile, it could possible spark a memory in someone of another persons odd behavior. I'm guessing this person is probably an opportunist in other areas of their life.

The only thing I can't let go is that this person HAS to be local. Local as in familiar with the entire area, not exclusively Evansdale.

Like I've said before...my husband grew up going to Seven Bridges when he was a kid. And was there multiple times a week fishing with his dad and grandpa. When I went up to make the videos he still had to refresh his memory on the exact roads to get there because it had been probably 30-35ish years since he'd been there - and he's excellent with directions and remembering how to get to places he hasn't been to in quite awhile.

Either this person lives somewhat close to Seven Bridges, or they have enough knowledge to know how/when to be there that it would be unlikely to be caught/seen disposing of the girls - and that's IF they were dead upon arrival.

I personally am not sold that the girls were taken there alive. I'm more inclined to think this location was nothing but a dumping ground, and the girls were already dead when they were taken in.
That said - I do think this person has some sort of connection with "parks". Whether they hunt, fish, atv, work (or worked) at parks or a conservation type job...there is SOMETHING that has to connect the fact that they were abducted from a park and found in a park. It's just TOO coincidental for me.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of country gravel roads to dump those girls on between Evansdale and Seven Bridges (and they would likely never be found) - but they didn't. They took them into the park where they were running the risk of campers recognizing a vehicle, or someone night fishing along the Wapsi on that fishing walking trail that lead back to where they were left.

They were comfortable and knowledgable with this park and the area. I just can't buy into this being "random". The girls being the victims, maybe it was random...but this was NOT a drive through abduction and murder. No way. This person is from around there.

The only thing I can't let go is that this person HAS to be local. Local as in familiar with the entire area, not exclusively Evansdale.

Like I've said before...my husband grew up going to Seven Bridges when he was a kid. And was there multiple times a week fishing with his dad and grandpa. When I went up to make the videos he still had to refresh his memory on the exact roads to get there because it had been probably 30-35ish years since he'd been there - and he's excellent with directions and remembering how to get to places he hasn't been to in quite awhile.

Either this person lives somewhat close to Seven Bridges, or they have enough knowledge to know how/when to be there that it would be unlikely to be caught/seen disposing of the girls - and that's IF they were dead upon arrival.

I personally am not sold that the girls were taken there alive. I'm more inclined to think this location was nothing but a dumping ground, and the girls were already dead when they were taken in.
That said - I do think this person has some sort of connection with "parks". Whether they hunt, fish, atv, work (or worked) at parks or a conservation type job...there is SOMETHING that has to connect the fact that they were abducted from a park and found in a park. It's just TOO coincidental for me.

There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of country gravel roads to dump those girls on between Evansdale and Seven Bridges (and they would likely never be found) - but they didn't. They took them into the park where they were running the risk of campers recognizing a vehicle, or someone night fishing along the Wapsi on that fishing walking trail that lead back to where they were left.

They were comfortable and knowledgable with this park and the area. I just can't buy into this being "random". The girls being the victims, maybe it was random...but this was NOT a drive through abduction and murder. No way. This person is from around there.

Excellent post.

WHO USED to go to 7 Bridges conservation area, prior to the recovery of the girls?

And

WHO has followed the girls' case very closely?

Excellent post.

WHO USED to go to 7 Bridges conservation area, prior to the recovery of the girls?

And

WHO has followed the girls' case very closely?

My husband went to 7 Bridges when he was little and I've followed the case very closely.

:eek:

IT WASN'T US!! Bring on the interrogations, dna comparisons, polygraphs, etc. :floorlaugh:

The fact that the bridge over the Wapsi is closed makes the park very difficult to find, if you aren't familiar with the area. Heck, it was hard even with GPS!!! So I totally agree. The perp is very familiar with the area. However, it was really luck that hunters found the bodies. I think the perp dumped them there with the intention of them never being found.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The fact that the bridge over the Wapsi is closed makes the park very difficult to find, if you aren't familiar with the area. Heck, it was hard even with GPS!!! So I totally agree. The perp is very familiar with the area. However, it was really luck that hunters found the bodies. I think the perp dumped them there with the intention of them never being found.

I agree 100% with this. When walking through to get to the area to film those videos I even said to my husband "there is NO WAY you'd see their bodies under this cover unless you literally stepped on them." :(

The grass is (not kidding) almost waist high, with the exception of the actual walking path that fisherman apparently use that is just a couple of feet in from the bank that takes you to the curve in the river where they were left. Maybe the perp walked that already beaten path to the curve and then when there was the opening of the sandy bank/opening, walked straight back about 50 feet into the woods.

I had trouble navigating the path that was just from LE walking back and forth from the roundabout as it was grass that had in essence just been laid down from all the foot traffic. Once I got to the opening where LE had cleared the area you could see ground, but I was barely able to see my own feet once I stepped off that path on my way there.

I don't think the perp thought they'd ever be found either. Or, by the time hunting season came around, which would increase foot traffic, assumed a hunter may think it was a deer carcass and keep on walking.

I would have thought that if this person carried the bodies back there they would have to either have help, be able to endure quite a bit of lifting/carrying while walking a long stretch, or somehow drove them back there - had to be an ATV, IMO. You certainly can't drive there, and the river was almost non-existent on that curve with the drought so it couldn't have been by a motored boat, and I wouldn't even think an oared boat would be able to be navigated through there at that time...

I just wonder WHY this person took the unnecessary step to take them to the park and risk being caught - versus just dumping them anywhere on a gravel road and getting the heck out of dodge. They were comfortable, and KNEW where to put them in the least likely scenario they'd ever be found. :(

My husband went to 7 Bridges when he was little and I've followed the case very closely.

:eek:

IT WASN'T US!! Bring on the interrogations, dna comparisons, polygraphs, etc. :floorlaugh:

Lol.

What male, outdoor enthusiast, aged 24-50, has frequented 7 Bridges by himself or with 1 or 2 friends in the last few years?

LE should cull a list of names of men who fit this category, within a 50 km radius, and ask them to volunteer dna samples. (A few assumptions made here for profile)

The problem I see with someone who frequents the area where the girls' bodies were found, is that it would " ruin " a spot that they enjoy. A bit like ########, where you eat.
Thinking of disgraced former Col. Williams, who asked a neighbour where he goes to hunt/fish, and then dumped his murdered victim in that area...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/L...ms+admit+killings+assaults/3685776/story.html

"He led police to her body, which was dumped near his neighbour’s hunting camp, not far from the colonel’s lakeside cottage on Cosy Cove Lane in Tweed, Ont."

bbm.

The problem I see with someone who frequents the area where the girls' bodies were found, is that it would " ruin " a spot that they enjoy. A bit like ########, where you eat.
Thinking of disgraced former Col. Williams, who asked a neighbour where he goes to hunt/fish, and then dumped his murdered victim in that area...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/L...ms+admit+killings+assaults/3685776/story.html

"He led police to her body, which was dumped near his neighbour’s hunting camp, not far from the colonel’s lakeside cottage on Cosy Cove Lane in Tweed, Ont."

bbm.

Maybe that's why I don't think that 7 bridges is meaningful to the perp. I'd be more inclined to believe that the perp heard others talk about going to 7 bridges in the past but how it's abandoned and no longer used, then using it as a dumping ground. Even a stranger passing through town could stop at a bar and hear people talk about 7 bridges.

Logically, the park is a good place to find kids, so finding the girls at Lake Myers isn't far fetched, it could just be a crime of opportunity. Park, then sit & wait for the opportunity. Perhaps saw the girls biking and just followed them.

I agree 100% with this. When walking through to get to the area to film those videos I even said to my husband "there is NO WAY you'd see their bodies under this cover unless you literally stepped on them." :(

The grass is (not kidding) almost waist high, with the exception of the actual walking path that fisherman apparently use that is just a couple of feet in from the bank that takes you to the curve in the river where they were left. Maybe the perp walked that already beaten path to the curve and then when there was the opening of the sandy bank/opening, walked straight back about 50 feet into the woods.

I had trouble navigating the path that was just from LE walking back and forth from the roundabout as it was grass that had in essence just been laid down from all the foot traffic. Once I got to the opening where LE had cleared the area you could see ground, but I was barely able to see my own feet once I stepped off that path on my way there.

I don't think the perp thought they'd ever be found either. Or, by the time hunting season came around, which would increase foot traffic, assumed a hunter may think it was a deer carcass and keep on walking.

I would have thought that if this person carried the bodies back there they would have to either have help, be able to endure quite a bit of lifting/carrying while walking a long stretch, or somehow drove them back there - had to be an ATV, IMO. You certainly can't drive there, and the river was almost non-existent on that curve with the drought so it couldn't have been by a motored boat, and I wouldn't even think an oared boat would be able to be navigated through there at that time...

I just wonder WHY this person took the unnecessary step to take them to the park and risk being caught - versus just dumping them anywhere on a gravel road and getting the heck out of dodge. They were comfortable, and KNEW where to put them in the least likely scenario they'd ever be found. :(

I have always believed that 7 bridges was the dumping ground for the girls (yes, I am one of those who does not believe they died there) due to the following things:

1) killer was very familiar (comfortable) with the area/park

2) knew it was far enough from the abduction point and wild/overgrown/little used enough that it was unlikely the girls' remains would be found for many years to come. I agree with all those who think it was dumb luck they were recovered at all.

3) It is my belief that the girls were taken to a place outside E'dale and closer to 7 Bridges where they were killed. I believe that place offered the killer privacy and familiarity and possibly even the ATV I feel was needed to then trek the short distance over to the park to dispose of the bodies.

bbm.

True...but don't sickos bury/kill people in their houses, sheds, and bury on their land all too often? Maybe this was a place they hunted or fished years ago but don't necessarily go there often.
Or, if they're sick enough they may have gotten off going to the park regularly - seeing JUST how close people went about their business of camping/fishing etc. and not realizing just how close they were to their bodies - thinking how GREAT of a hiding spot he'd found when they were right under everyone's noses the entire summer.
I don't even think this is a park many LOCALS would think about as far as suggesting one for people to visit.
Heck, I've spoke with some husbands high school friends who had all but forgot about the park still being there until it was disclosed where their bodies were found. Let alone give someone directions who wasn't from the area. I would like to think that would have likely prompted someone to remember someone inquiring about directions to the park.

I really strongly feel this person knows the area like the back of their hand...

Add this to the profile: someone who grew up near 7 bridges - at least probably the teen years, but now lives in Evansdale, or did two years ago. I think that fits a couple of known SRO's, but lots of others as well.

And yes, I think he out them there, so close but yet so far, so he could "visit" them, so to speak.

just realized my post 1094 should have contained a big ole honkin MOO all over it. Wanted to clarify.

I still believe the killer lived or lives in the area and there just isn't enough evidence to stand up in court.

I also think he killed the girls on his property and moved them later. I don't understand why LE has nothing to tell the public.

Excellent post. A must read.

What local male fisherman and/or hunter, owns an ATV AND had/has a white SUV, is between the ages of 24-50, has an interest in this case, and has fished and/or hunted in the past at 7 Bridges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89