IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't local to Iowa but another double kidnapping attempt.

http://www.ktvq.com/news/2-girls-safe-after-attempted-abduction-in-powell/

So glad these girls got away.

Unfortunately, its still not safe out there with this guy still on the loose. I fear what he will do next. I hope they find this guy soon.

From the above link:

Powell, Wyoming
2 girls safe after attempted abduction in Powell

POWELL - Police are looking for a man suspected in the attempted abduction of two 12-year old girls Wednesday night.

"Witnesses told officers the man is between 50 and 70 years old, about 6 feet tall and slender. His hair was darker with gray and braids.

His face is unshaven and he was las seen wearing glasses. Police said it's not clear if the the glasses were prescription or sunglasses.

He was driving a late 1980's to early 1990's regular cab pickup that is gray or light blue with lots of rust. The left headlight is either out or dim and there is damage to the left font corner of the pickup."

Just out of curiosity...if a victim bites their attacker (such as these girls did), can LE swab your mouth/teeth and find DNA? I know they can get it from skin under nails and such, but if you simply bit someone would DNA survive in your mouth long enough for LE to find anything "foreign"? And would that be enough to charge someone?

Maybe I'm crazy, but now you guys are privy to just a smidgen of the weird stuff that swirls around my brain on the daily. :floorlaugh:

Now that I think of it, it is kind of weird that LE announced Klunder is no longer a suspect.

JMO

It's so unusually to take two victims at once. I would like more details on how he was even able to approach them. Was he sitting in his truck or a bench nearby? Did he try to connect with the girls before grabbing them?
At least we have a description of the perp and his vehicle.

Here's a local link with a little more info.

http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/12459-after-apparent-attempted-abduction-caution-urged

In case anyone is curious, Powell WY is 911 miles west of Evanston which would take about 14 hrs. It's almost a straight shot from Evanston, getting on 20W to Sioux City, onto I-29N to Sioux Falls and then onto I-90W going through Rapid City to Powell. Using the old theory of drawing a circle on a map, he could live somewhere in between the two crimes.

*Groin, not ground. LOL auto correct.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity...if a victim bites their attacker (such as these girls did), can LE swab your mouth/teeth and find DNA? I know they can get it from skin under nails and such, but if you simply bit someone would DNA survive in your mouth long enough for LE to find anything "foreign"? And would that be enough to charge someone?

Maybe I'm crazy, but now you guys are privy to just a smidgen of the weird stuff that swirls around my brain on the daily. :floorlaugh:

I wondered the same thing, but I don't think it's possible.

Interesting question.

I would guess that if there was a bite, a DNA swab wouldn't be useful, unless a piece or chunk was taken out of the perp during the bite, and it was found /retained. jmo

I realize that my info is coming from Law & Order so I'm not sure it's reliable, but I remember seeing an episode that involved Olivia biting the attacker so they'd be able to get DNA.

I'm still horribly upset that these girls were killed but it makes me a little bit happy to think maybe they bit the person(s) who did it. I hope there's something LE can use.

His mo sure fits the bill.....how utterly terrifying for them, They r so lucky to Hv escaped.

It's so unusually to take two victims at once. I would like more details on how he was even able to approach them. Was he sitting in his truck or a bench nearby? Did he try to connect with the girls before grabbing them?
At least we have a description of the perp and his vehicle.

Here's a local link with a little more info.

http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/12459-after-apparent-attempted-abduction-caution-urged

In case anyone is curious, Powell WY is 911 miles west of Evanston which would take about 14 hrs. It's almost a straight shot from Evanston, getting on 20W to Sioux City, onto I-29N to Sioux Falls and then onto I-90W going through Rapid City to Powell. Using the old theory of drawing a circle on a map, he could live somewhere in between the two crimes.

For all we know, the perp could have also relocated.

For all we know, the perp could have also relocated.

Or could be a transient or other mobile person like a truck driver or regional salesperson, or migrant worker, or temporary worker who goes where the work is (road construction for instance).

Cold Justice - Returns - June 20 at 9/8c
Awhile back we discussed asking Kelly Siegler to assist in the investigation. would it hurt for us to send out feelers? Kelly is on facebook and I found this post there:

"TNT is seeking unsolved homicides. If you want help with a case the link is http://www.tntdrama.com/series/cold-justice/tips/ The experts are Kelly Siegler & Yolanda Mcclary on the show

Cold Justice - Submit a Cold Case
www.tntdrama.com
COLD JUSTICE producers are seeking law enforcement agencies who could benefit from additional expert help and resources for their unsolved homicide cases and possibly be featured on COLD JUSTICE"

So, LE finally let us know "something" about MJK and a few weeks turned into a year. I guess now they can focus their time and energy toward other leads and/or suspicions. Did it take this long to get DNA/forensic results back to determine he is no longer a person of interest? Is it safe to say that there is forensic evidence to link somebody to this horrendous crime?

So, LE finally let us know "something" about MJK and a few weeks turned into a year. I guess now they can focus their time and energy toward other leads and/or suspicions. Did it take this long to get DNA/forensic results back to determine he is no longer a person of interest? Is it safe to say that there is forensic evidence to link somebody to this horrendous crime?

Seems like it's anybody's guess as to what they have. I just find it strange that they are still focusing their attention on SO's but now in a more extended area. I wonder what they have to make them continue to focus on SO's.

Possible Signs of SO-related crime could be:
1 or both victims suffered a broken neck, were found unclothed, and who knows, maybe a used condom may have been found in the area. Maybe LE has exhausted any other reason(s) for the abduction and are focusing in this direction.
We know they have forensic evidence; we just do not know what that evidence is.

This isn't a cold case, it's still active.

That means there are still leads they are following.

Which in turn explains why no one has communicated with the public regarding BOLO's or the COD.

They know, they just can't prove it.

As a cop said on a show I just watched "knowing who did it is not the same thing as proving it in court, not at all".

It's supposed to be submitted by LE. :( I do love this show. It would be great of they took the case.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Plan B, forward the info to LE and inform them of this resource. Kelly & Yolanda were in Iowa working on another case so maybe they will return?

I just cannot sit back and do nothing. I want those responsible for these murders "to go down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute