IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
644335_548674351819570_1954598304_n.jpg

Missing girls update: Klunder ruled out as killer of girls: EVANSDALE, IOWA | The killer is still out there.

On Wednesday, authorities confirmed that Michael Klunder, the man who was once the top person of interest in the disappearance and death of cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, has effectively been ruled out.

“After we put everything together, and reviewed and re-reviewed and did more follow-ups, it just doesn’t appear that he had been in this area on that particular day,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock.

[modsnip]

Anyone with information is asked to call the Tip Line at 232-6682 or Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at (855) 300-8477
call_skype_logo.png
(855) 300-8477
call_skype_logo.png
(855) 300-8477 or email ourmissingiowagirls@dps.state.ia.us.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_647e7e0c-6ea1-5f71-80e8-8b56a9700c47.html

$150,000.00 REWARD: Evansdale, Iowa: Every parent's worst nightmare struck the Cedar Valley when cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, disappeared while riding bikes Friday, July 13, in Evansdale.

Within hours, scores of volunteers were searching the area around Meyers Lake. The effort ballooned to include some 700 volunteers over the weekend as community members trudged through fields and wooded areas in the summer heat.

Hunters discovered the girls' remains Dec. 5, 2012 at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area near Readlyn.

[modsnip]

Authorities are asking anyone who saw the girls to call the Tip Line, (319) 232-6682
call_skype_logo.png
(319) 232-6682
call_skype_logo.png
(319) 232-6682 or e-mail to OURMISSINGIOWAGIRLS@dps.state.ia.us. The tipline is manned 24 hours.

A reward of $150,000 has been established for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...0495/548674351819570/?type=1&relevant_count=1Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via SkypeCall
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Missing girls update: Klunder ruled out as killer of girls: EVANSDALE, IOWA | The killer is still out there.

On Wednesday, authorities confirmed that Michael Klunder, the man who was once the top person of interest in the disappearance and death of cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, has effectively been ruled out.

“After we put everything together, and reviewed and re-reviewed and did more follow-ups, it just doesn’t appear that he had been in this area on that particular day,” said Evansdale Police Chief Kent Smock.
[modsnip]

Anyone with information is asked to call the Tip Line at 232-6682 or Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at (855) 300-8477 or email ourmissingiowagirls@dps.state.ia.us.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_647e7e0c-6ea1-5f71-80e8-8b56a9700c47.html

$150,000.00 REWARD: Evansdale, Iowa: Every parent's worst nightmare struck the Cedar Valley when cousins Lyric Cook-Morrissey, 10, and Elizabeth Collins, 8, disappeared while riding bikes Friday, July 13, in Evansdale.

Within hours, scores of volunteers were searching the area around Meyers Lake. The effort ballooned to include some 700 volunteers over the weekend as community members trudged through fields and wooded areas in the summer heat.

Hunters discovered the girls' remains Dec. 5, 2012 at Seven Bridges Wildlife Area near Readlyn.

[modsnip]

Authorities are asking anyone who saw the girls to call the Tip Line, (319) 232-6682 or e-mail to OURMISSINGIOWAGIRLS@dps.state.ia.us. The tipline is manned 24 hours.

A reward of $150,000 has been established for information that leads to an arrest and conviction.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...0495/548674351819570/?type=1&relevant_count=1

15 cases of dual abductions in the U.S since 1974.

Wow.

For me, that information is not enough to rule out Klunder

There isn't going to be any information soon explaining why Klunder was ruled out, but he was.

"Smock would not discuss specifics on what the team did to investigate Klunder, but he did say the team "spent a great deal of time looking into his whereabouts on July 13." The team also analyzed information and ran tests, Smock said.

Authorities determined Klunder was not in Evansdale on July 13 and was not involved in the girls' disappearance or killing. Police believe Klunder was in or near his home in Stratford when the Evansdale girls disappeared, Smock said."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-michael-klunder-ruled-out-evansdale/9104893/

JMO
I think if a stranger killed these little girls they would have been found closer to home not 20 miles away.
Strangers want to put distance between them and the victims
They don't go to extremes to hide the bodies.

To me this was someone they knew.
JMO

[modsnip]
Anyone with information is asked to call the Tip Line at 232-6682 or Cedar Valley Crime Stoppers at (855) 300-8477 or email ourmissingiowagirls@dps.state.ia.us.

[modsnip]
Authorities are asking anyone who saw the girls to call the Tip Line, (319) 232-6682 or e-mail to OURMISSINGIOWAGIRLS@dps.state.ia.us. The tipline is manned 24 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/missingcas...0495/548674351819570/?type=1&relevant_count=1

There isn't going to be any information soon explaining why Klunder was ruled out, but he was.

"Smock would not discuss specifics on what the team did to investigate Klunder, but he did say the team "spent a great deal of time looking into his whereabouts on July 13." The team also analyzed information and ran tests, Smock said.

Authorities determined Klunder was not in Evansdale on July 13 and was not involved in the girls' disappearance or killing. Police believe Klunder was in or near his home in Stratford when the Evansdale girls disappeared, Smock said."

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...-michael-klunder-ruled-out-evansdale/9104893/

wow...

This is terrible news. I was banking on Klunder. jmo

Are there any updates on the Trail of Angels island renovations?

Well then, MJK's RSO fishing buddy who lives round the way...where was he?

Ugh, this is terrible that they've ruled out Klunder. I'm surprised (I know some of you are not surprised).

jmo

It means that the person or persons responsible are still out there, and that if this hasn't happened since then, it will happen soon.

Are there any updates on the Trail of Angels island renovations?

I've gone by there quite a bit on I-380 in the last couple of weeks. It doesn't look like much is being done right now. I can't see any of the previously planted rose bushes that well.

I have not seen anything in google searches either, maybe people stopped donating money, it would be nice to see it finished.

Well then, MJK's RSO fishing buddy who lives round the way...where was he?

Ugh, this is terrible that they've ruled out Klunder. I'm surprised (I know some of you are not surprised).

jmo

I'm on the fence about whether I'm surprised, but I'm not on the fence about it sounding like an inadequate investigation. And I'm rapidly coming off the fence about the investigation being under control.

I would think LE could take advantage of the opportunity to "close the case" by "blaming it on Klunder" if they wanted to. And they haven't.

From Jersey Girls article above:

"But now officials said they don’t believe Klunder could have been in the Evansdale area at the time of the cousins’ abduction.

“We believe he was over near his home on the 13th of July, either at home or at work or traveling in between,” Smock said.

Smock declined to give specifics about how they nailed down his location.

“We identified his whereabouts, looked at a lot of other information that could tell us where he was. We looked at videos in this area to see if he was close by, if we could identify him here, what was going on with his life at the time, what his work habits were, where he was supposed to be,” Smock said."

Gosh, I just can't let go of the idea that MJK is our guy, JMO JMO, even though they SAY they've identified his whereabouts.

JMO
I think if a stranger killed these little girls they would have been found closer to home not 20 miles away.
Strangers want to put distance between them and the victims
They don't go to extremes to hide the bodies.

To me this was someone they knew.
JMO

Respectfully, around 20 miles is a common number distance that I've seen come up in stranger abductions cases before, jmo Sometimes they do go to extremes to hide the bodies. jmo Now, I'm not saying either way if this was a stranger abduction or not bc I have no idea. Agreed, though, it might have been someone they knew, as is often the case statistically.

Also, in JG's linked article above, it says they looked at videos. So, some footage was available after all this time? Even so, I'm still not sure about all this---just because footage does not show a person "was" there, it doesn't necessarily mean he "wasn't there", meaning an alternate route, etc. I mean, they didn't see who was there either, did they?

Respectfully, around 20 miles is a common number distance that I've seen come up in stranger abductions cases before, jmo Sometimes they do go to extremes to hide the bodies. jmo Now, I'm not saying either way if this was a stranger abduction or not bc I have no idea. Agreed, though, it might have been someone they knew, as is often the case statistically.

Also, in JG's linked article above, it says they looked at videos. So, some footage was available after all this time? Even so, I'm still not sure about all this---just because footage does not show a person "was" there, it doesn't necessarily mean he "wasn't there", meaning an alternate route, etc. I mean, they didn't see who was there either, did they?

I believe they meant footage of Klunder in and around his home (convenience store, maybe) during that time. So that would place him away from Evansdale during that time. If he was supposed to be working that day, they could most likely have verified certain things that way, also, such as who he may have talked to, cell phone records, etc. Even if they couldn't pinpoint EXACTLY where he was around noon on July 15, they may have a pretty good idea, within an hour or so time window.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I believe they meant footage of Klunder in and around his home (convenience store, maybe) during that time. So that would place him away from Evansdale during that time. If he was supposed to be working that day, they could most likely have verified certain things that way, also, such as who he may have talked to, cell phone records, etc. Even if they couldn't pinpoint EXACTLY where he was around noon on July 15, they may have a pretty good idea, within an hour or so time window.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

But it wouldn't have to be more than a couple of hours to have given him time to get to Evansdale and back. Especially if it was him and a partner.

I dunno. I never really thought it was him, but I'm not very comfortable with this outcome, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234