Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Klunder does not fit.

The FBI said they believed the girls were alive.

They made this statement for a reason.

This statement would not have been made if an RSO was suspected imo.

Stats say they are murdered by sundown if randomly taken.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/23/fbi-believes-missing-iowa-cousins-are-alive

bbm.

"The FBI would not reveal why they believe the missing girls are still alive, but announced that investigators are going to expand their search beyond Iowa.

“We feel there is someone out there that has pertinent information about the girls’ whereabouts and we’d like to take this opportunity to ask them to come forward. The community needs Lyric and Elizabeth back,” Breault said"

Has any one heard how Wylma Cook is doing such a loss on her heart .i just think the girl's were in the wrong place at the wrong time and Klunder six ft six saw them and had the opporttunity to grab both the girls zap them with the zapper put those plastic ties on them drove them to where he worked did his deed and put them in a freezer to take to 7 bridges when the heat of the missing girl's died down. you don't have to be a rocket scientist to grab and destroy two beautriful girl's live's .Klunder did not need intelligence to commit this crime he just had the warped mind to do this if it was him I think it was I hope we find out before we die off ourselves .

I am 100% positive this case will be solved.

I don't think its cold, not at all.

:twocents:

If LE found records of Klunders whereabouts on July 12th and after July 13th it could indicate that on the 13th he was covering his tracks i.e. not making any cell calls, not using any credit cards etc. because he was up to something that day.

Anybody have the link about this?

I haven't heard anything about Wilma, but I worry about her as well. Two deceased granddaughters and two of her own kids in trouble with the law, and will probably be incarcerated for quite some time. Just sad. More than one person should have to deal with.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

If LE found records of Klunders whereabouts on July 12th and after July 13th it could indicate that on the 13th he was covering his tracks i.e. not making any cell calls, not using any credit cards etc. because he was up to something that day.

Anybody have the link about this?

Here's a link to an article stating LE knows where Klunder was on July 12 and July 14, but no mention is made of Klunder "covering his tracks" on July 13th:

Smock says they know where Klunder was on July 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

He says they have information about where Klunder might have been, but they aren't ready to release it just yet.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/24138265/...-lyric-elizabeth-found-murdered-case-not-cold

It's possible that he left one child in his vehicle while he assaulted and murdered the first at the location where the body was found, then he returned for the second child, assaulted her 50 feet from the first and murdered her too.

If he used a ruse, like work, to gain some trust and cooperation, he could have convinced them to leave their bikes where they were found.

The strange thing is that the cyclist was in the area at about the same time, and he reported seeing two bikes at about the same location where they were eventually found. This report has never fit properly with the timeline, the report of a vehicle and all the other information that we have. It continues to bother me today that this one piece of information is there, but it doesn't fit ... which results in me wondering why that one piece doesn't fit.

Yeah, that piece never quite fit. My memory is fuzzy about the timeline, but I do remember it was very tight. Didn't he say the bikes were laying in the path? But then later when they were found they were leaning against the fence? Idk.

The way I piece it is maybe the perp lured the girls there. (Dare I say "paddle boat?") Took them from that spot to the vehicle, secured them, and returned and picked up the bikes (so it didn't look so suspicious) and then dumped the purse. Idk! Too bad that cyclist wasn't a few minutes earlier. Maybe this mystery would be solved if he was.

So many scenarios. I also wonder if the girls weren't abducted closer to home. The perp carries the bikes to where they were found, but hears or sees the cyclist coming and drops the bikes and hides until the cyclist passes, so as not to be seen. Then after sets the bikes up and dumps the purse.

Or. . .or . . .or. . .:banghead:

Here's a link to an article stating LE knows where Klunder was on July 12 and July 14, but no mention is made of Klunder "covering his tracks" on July 13th:

Smock says they know where Klunder was on July 12 and 14, but they are still looking into his whereabouts on the 13th -- the day the girls went missing.

He says they have information about where Klunder might have been, but they aren't ready to release it just yet.

http://www.ktiv.com/story/24138265/...-lyric-elizabeth-found-murdered-case-not-cold

Of course they know where he was by now! The guy lived in a town with CCTV, he had a family and a job, credit cards and cell pings...moo...let alone his vehicle which will have a map of where he's been consisting of soil and pollen cemented in layers under his wheel rims etc.

The question should be "why is LE happy to have the Klunder distraction?".

Same reason they thought the girls were still alive - they want certain individuals to believe they have no idea.

BBM

If LE could track where Klunder was on the day before and the day after the girls went missing they must of been able to track cell phone/credit card purchases/cctv photos etc. But if they don't have info have information about where was on the 13th and they aren't ready to release it just yet. Tells me that he was off the radar that day and they are still trying to pin him to Evansdale and they have some info that he was but it's not iron clad info enough to release it.

This article contains info about Angels Park:

Work began in March as volunteers started installing a walkway from Meyers Lake park to the lake island, clearing trees and putting a gazebo there. A Concert for the Angels was held at Waterloo's McElroy Auditorium in April, as well as subsequent fundraisers.

"People just keep donating. It's amazing; it's overwhelming, all at the same time," Heather Collins, Elizabeth Collins' mother, said. "We have so many people that love us. We consider all of them our family; all of our community, really. We're just a big huge family now, in Evansdale and the surrounding areas by their support for us. They consider the girls, Lyric and Elizabeth, their girls."

One of the volunteers clearing undergrowth and brush trees for the gazebo site on the island was Drew Collins, Heather's husband and Elizabeth's father, who operates Planetary Tree Service.

The girls' bikes were found at the lake July 13, 2012; their bodies were found in a wooded area near Readlyn the following Dec. 7. The investigation into their abduction and deaths continue.

"We'd rather not to have to do this, that the girls were home with us and it never happened in the first place," Heather Collins said. "But what are you going to do about it? Something needs to be done. Something big."

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/co...cle_f002644f-f787-56ab-995b-c78da13a40be.html

Of course they know where he was by now! The guy lived in a town with CCTV, he had a family and a job, credit cards and cell pings...moo...let alone his vehicle which will have a map of where he's been consisting of soil and pollen cemented in layers under his wheel rims etc.

The question should be "why is LE happy to have the Klunder distraction?".

Same reason they thought the girls were still alive - they want certain individuals to believe they have no idea.

BBM-He wouldn't have to use his credit card on that day though or have his cell phone turned on unless he was in the area where he lived. Also, IIRC, the vehicle he had when he kidnapped K & D had a license applied for, so it would not have been the same vehicle he had in July 2012. :moo:

BBM-He wouldn't have to use his credit card on that day though or have his cell phone turned on unless he was in the area where he lived. Also, IIRC, the vehicle he had when he kidnapped K & D had a license applied for, so it would not have been the same vehicle he had in July 2012. :moo:

Very true - if he was that smart, but it's possible that he may have purchased something or called someone earlier in the day before he had even thought about taking the girls that day, if he did.

I would also think that LE have found out by now what he was driving back then and hopefully they have already located and examined it with a fine tooth comb.

LE put out that call for any witnesses or info about that boxy type truck/van but I don't recall having seen any plea for witnesses or info for MK's activities on that day? Hopefully, people who had seen him have already called in and given a statement by now.

LE know what vehicle he was driving.

Unless he put it through the crusher the very next day...

That vehicle is probably still being driven around Iowa, or maybe its in the evidence lockup.

There is nothing one can do to thoroughly clean wheel rims etc. The road
grime gets baked on in unreachable areas.

They know where he was....!

Sometimes it seems like Joe Public has zero confidence in their own LE! Statistically speaking they can't all be idiots!

LE know what vehicle he was driving.

Unless he put it through the crusher the very next day...

That vehicle is probably still being driven around Iowa, or maybe its in the evidence lockup.

There is nothing one can do to thoroughly clean wheel rims etc. The road
grime gets baked on in unreachable areas.

They know where he was....!

Sometimes it seems like Joe Public has zero confidence in their own LE! Statistically speaking they can't all be idiots!

Oh, I'm sure LE know what kind of vehicle he was driving back then. It's the finding it that was probably more difficult (if they did find it). I also think they knew where he was on July 13th, too. I guess we just have to have patience about them releasing that info. I do wonder why they aren't releasing it if he was involved with L & E.
I know some on here believe he couldn't be responsible for L & E because he seemed to be too careless when he kidnapped K & D. But maybe, he thought he got away with L & E's murder & became too overconfident that he could get away with it again right close to home. I still think it was him until LE tells us different.

I understand that some believe that LE has the entire case all wrapped up and are just patiently waiting until <insert theory as to why no arrests have been made>. But I don't think there is any harm in discussing various scenarios as to what did happen, especially since not all of us are of the opinion that LE has a suspect.

That is all, just seems like every discussion is being squashed with the same old LE is not inept and an arrest is imminent comments. Yet how many thousands of unsolved cases are there right here on websleuths?

FTR, I have the utmost respect for LE and what they do, I don't think they are a bunch of bumbling idiots, I just think that in many investigations they can have tunnel vision and avoid following the evidence opposed to trying to find a suspect who fits their theory. Not specifically this case, but also in others that I've followed.

W o mod cod it only makes for more secrets n case. LE nds to release the info on whether or not this was a sexually motivated crime.

I understand that some believe that LE has the entire case all wrapped up and are just patiently waiting until <insert theory as to why no arrests have been made>. But I don't think there is any harm in discussing various scenarios as to what did happen, especially since not all of us are of the opinion that LE has a suspect.

That is all, just seems like every discussion is being squashed with the same old LE is not inept and an arrest is imminent comments. Yet how many thousands of unsolved cases are there right here on websleuths?

FTR, I have the utmost respect for LE and what they do, I don't think they are a bunch of bumbling idiots, I just think that in many investigations they can have tunnel vision and avoid following the evidence opposed to trying to find a suspect who fits their theory. Not specifically this case, but also in others that I've followed.

The repeated cry of "the don't have a clue" is a sleuth stopper too.

LE have released NOTHING.

I believe they would be begging for public help if they still needed it - just like the early days.

As far as those "unsolved" cases a massive proportion of those have at least one POI...just not enough for an arrest.

I also have respect for the LE but, we have been told by the LE that there would be a statement made whether Klunder was involved or not . Once Again we HEAR NOTHING when will we hear something gosh it's heading for the second year this was botched up from the beganing . Maybe to many cooks cooking ?? who knows ?Two sweet angel's and now their gone some one know's somthing there just not talking .

W o mod cod it only makes for more secrets n case. LE nds to release the info on whether or not this was a sexually motivated crime.

Just wondering if maybe they were not able to determine if this was sexually motivated because of the decomposition. Even if they could not determine that but examining the bodies, there could have been other clues, like the way the children's clothing were found. Did they find the remains inside the clothing? Or was the clothing along side the remains? I found it interesting that there seemed to be an urgency after the bodies were found to go after "missing" RSO's. I just feel that it is something that can not be determined without the confession of the killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member