Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accident...

I've been drifting away from the idea that it was a local for awhile. It seems so bizarre that a local would suddenly decide to murder two girls and then climb back under his rock. But if it was a local molester who had the girls and something went wrong... that's a lot more believable.

That reminds me of poor Samantha Knight who died when her molester gave her an accidental OD of a sedative.

Would a sedative like chloroform for example show up in skeletal remains? I can't remember from Caylee's case if it did show up from her remains.

Would a sedative like chloroform for example show up in skeletal remains? I can't remember from Caylee's case if it did show up from her remains.
I believe it would show up in bone marrow. If I can find an article, I'll provide the link.

I've wondered this as well. However, IMO Tammy (from the get go) was "Mrs. Helpful" and the "voice of the family". Part of me thinks that originally she wanted to take credit for being the one who thought of the lake - just thinking it would somehow land her as the saving grace once the girls were found. Then, when the bikes were there she had the whole story figured out as to how some predator could sit "right back here" and watch the girls toss rocks from the bank into the lake and then get them into a vehicle without anyone knowing. I will never forget watching her on CNN - she had the WHOLE scenario figured out.

Little did she know that her idea of what COULD have happened, may likely be the EXACT scenario of what happened - which then directs the negative attention she wasn't looking for...that maybe SHE had something to do with it.

In reality, it was one of very few scenarios that likely happened. I'm not giving her credit for being a genius for thinking of the scenario - IMO, she's far from a genius. I think her idea of "helping" caused her a lot of side-eyes as to how she'd know such informatio - when in reality her idea of what happened was really just one of the more obvious scenarios. Looking back, there really weren't a whole ton of scenarios that could have happened.

The only piece of it that I felt was strange was the simple fact she even thought of the lake. I find it veeerry hard to believe that no one in this family knew they had been there before (at least that was the initial battle cry - the girls have NEVER ridden to the lake - wouldn't even know where it is ). Then the truth comes out that Lizzy was a regular in the area - and the Collins family didn't probably appreciate the fact that the residents close to the lake said Lizzy'd been there on the regular and they were completely unaware.

It always sounded to me like she had seen suspicious or dangerous looking people hanging around the lake before, and maybe that was why the girls weren't supposed to go there alone.

If she saw something specific, that is the kind of information LE might well decide to keep confidential. Though truthfully and not meaning to be negative I can't imagine Tammy being able to keep anything important from coming out. She does talk.

It always sounded to me like she had seen suspicious or dangerous looking people hanging around the lake before, and maybe that was why the girls weren't supposed to go there alone.

If she saw something specific, that is the kind of information LE might well decide to keep confidential. Though truthfully and not meaning to be negative I can't imagine Tammy being able to keep anything important from coming out. She does talk.
You are so right - Tammy was a great source of information!

Hopefully, Tammy wasn't so eerily close to the truth with her suspicions of what occurred that it freaked out the perp into killing them. :-(

Still wonder about the clothing found in the area, who would leave it there and why? Transients would need to keep the clothing imo....

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-07-18/iowa-girls-search/56299356/1

"Tammy Brousseau, 48, an aunt to both girls, agreed that the girls may have been abducted. She said just last week she taught Lyric how to "save someone if they went limp in the water" and that she also taught both girls how to "drop to the ground and fight" if someone tried to snatch them.

A massive sweep of the area that drew hundreds of volunteers over the weekend failed to find any evidence. Authorities dredged the lake and interviewed family, friends and registered sex offenders who live in the area. At least 30 FBI investigators joined the search.

Abben said a tip line turned up numerous reports of articles of clothing that had been found, but none belonged to the girls. He declined to talk specifically about evidence other than saying the bicycles and purse, which had a cellphone in it, did not definitely place the girls at the lake"

ebbm.

For Tammy being so specific about checking the lake, why oh why on earth did they not actually search once they arrived there? They sat in the parking lot and waited. The girls bikes were found just on the other side of the lake from where they were. What kept them from searching when they first arrived? If I was searching for my missing nieces, I can't think of anything that would prevent me from well, uh, searching.

Unless you are experiencing what Tammy did at that moment, there's no way to know how one would or should react imo.

Wonder if this profile makes residents nervous?
Reminded of the Hannah Graham abduction and murder suspect, Jesse Matthews...imo.

http://whotv.com/2014/08/22/investigators-release-suspect-profile-in-murder-of-evansdale-cousins/

"According to the website, the offender is familiar with both Meyers Lake/Angels Park in Evansdale and Seven Bridges Wildlife Area in Bremer County. The suspect chose Seven Bridges because he or she was familiar with the area and knew it was secluded, the site said.

“The offender blends in with and may be part of the Evansdale, Bremer and surrounding communities. It is unlikely that the offender is a transient or someone who was merely traveling or ‘passing through’ the area,” according to the site. The suspect likely used “quiet coercion” to gain the girls’ compliance into leaving Meyers Lake, using a ruse or threats of violence."

Unless you are experiencing what Tammy did at that moment, there's no way to know how one would or should react imo.

That is precisely why I want to know why....I would love to hear WHY. There must have been something that prevented them from searching in the place they went to search, where she thought the girls might be. What was that?? I know we'll likely never know an answer, but it's something I've wondered for 2.5 years.

That is precisely why I want to know why....I would love to hear WHY. There must have been something that prevented them from searching in the place they went to search, where she thought the girls might be. What was that?? I know we'll likely never know an answer, but it's something I've wondered for 2.5 years.
Yep - this has never made sense to me.

She claimed she "jumped out of the car and just started asking people". According to her account - someone stated that yes they saw them - and explained which way they were riding (which from the parking lot, was around the right side of the lake towards the back). They were there at 2 and the bikes found at 4.

I don't know why they didn't walk all the way around either. My GUESS would be that she assumed the girls wouldn't have stopped in their trek - let alone at the only corner that is not visible, closed in, and creepy.

I am not 100% sure I would have searched the back of the lake either - I probably would stand and take a quick scan of the entire trail and when I didn't see them in a reasonable amount of time, headed back to more "likely" parts of town.

At this point they were likely still believing they were safe, just "misplaced" not actually GONE.

I always thought Aunt Tammy didn't want to discover the girls had drowned.

Quiet coercion translates to me that someone showed the girls a weapon - knife or gun. However, I sway too that they could have been persuaded by going to see a kitten or puppy.

However, they were taken, it was swiftly and straight to 7-Bridges, I think. If they were drugged at some point and then molested, they could have been very physically drained, near dead and unable to find their way out of 7-Bridges. We saw 7-Bridges in December when a lot of the vegetation was dead. It must literally be a jungle in the summer or was. Wonder if the cameras are still up and working there? I hope the area is still monitored.

Quiet coercion usually means things like, "If you don't come with me now, my friend is going to hurt your mother," or stuff like that.

Quiet coercion usually means things like, "If you don't come with me now, my friend is going to hurt your mother," or stuff like that.
Do you think the girls would have responded to "come with me now, your mother is sick/hurt and I'm going to take you to her"? Heather's health was not so good at that time. In fact, she had a doctor's appointment that day.

I think that p!oy would work. JMO

That would be really scary! Who could do something like that and still live within the community?

I hate to say it, but it happens all the time. :(

Do you think the girls would have responded to "come with me now, your mother is sick/hurt and I'm going to take you to her"? Heather's health was not so good at that time. In fact, she had a doctor's appointment that day.

I think that p!oy would work. JMO

Or...we (I) know you are not supposed to be riding your bikes at the lake. Get in the car...

Just turned on the TV and caught the last minute or so of the Steele Report. Kent Smock and a DCI investigator were on. Smock said they had a lead come in just last week that they're investigating. It will be online at www.kwwl.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZogNCat