Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I shared the same thought on Libby and Abigail's thread. My feeling is either a truck driver or meat processing plant worker. You idea encompasses both! Great thinking! And, I hope that solving one of these cases will solve both,

I'm leaning towards truck driver now. I was reading Google Reviews of the plant in Delphi and there were a lot of truck drivers complaining about how it would take them a long time to load the truck. I think one said he waited 11 hours. Seems like if a driver made multiple stops there and had a lot of time to kill he could get familiar with the area. Then one day he sees Abbie and Libby and decided to go after them.

MOO

Or the cause could not be determined.

:sigh:

Evelyn had sharp force wounds on her neck according to this article. Warning: I didn't read the court document, but I think it is graphic. She was in water for several days before finding her. I would imagine since the girls in Indiana were found quickly, it would be easier to determine cod. That case has consumed me lately, but haven't been able to keep up or log in since last night.http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_de54efa3-f40c-5a2e-a014-3bf71b0f3318.html ETA-I do wonder if LE could determine a cause of death for Elizabeth and Lyric since they weren't found for so long.

I like the theory of a possible truck driver or someone who has to travel between the two towns for work. My DH, many years ago, worked in a job where he often had to go between two towns. Often he would explore the local parks on a lunch break or when he had breaks in between calls.

I am 100% with you on this, and I truly believe that both Lyric & Lizzie and Libby & Abby, were killed by the same psychopath.

I just do not know where to start to pull these crimes together, as far as being able to move either case forward.

I think:

-The "tweaked" his MO by abducting his victims from the place he knew he wanted to murder them. He had to move poor Lyric & Lizzie to somewhere remote, and that involved risk of being seen with them.

-He's done it before, his crimes have escalated, they must always be in parks or paths, he researches and WATCHES.

-The had to "research" his abduction sites. They had to be remote enough to commit his murder, but, had to be frequented by his intended victims.

I have more, but, am trying to formulate my thoughts and bring them together.

I am 100% with you on this, and I truly believe that both Lyric & Lizzie and Libby & Abby, were killed by the same psychopath.

I just do not know where to start to pull these crimes together, as far as being able to move either case forward.

Hey y'all I came to this thread for the same reason....
I feel they may be connected as well...

Hey y'all I came to this thread for the same reason....
I feel they may be connected as well...
I do feel very strongly they are connected.

I'm (somewhat impatiently) waiting for LE to officially announce the connection.

I'm unconvinced that the both L&L and L&A were the same perp. However, I think it's good to look into it while avoiding getting "tunnel vision" because there could also be two different perps.
Good luck on uncovering the truth to all who are sleuthing.

I'm (somewhat impatiently) waiting for LE to officially announce the connection.

Does law enforcement normally announce they have a serial killer on their hands who might be responsible for the murders and sexual assault of children/young teens? I just wondered if this was unlikely due to the fact they don't want to cause panic or hinder their investigation.

I'm 50/50 it's the same guy I definitely think it's a possibility. I wish we knew the manner of death and any other similarities between the crime scenes.

Does law enforcement normally announce they have a serial killer on their hands who might be responsible for the murders and sexual assault of children/young teens? I just wondered if this was unlikely due to the fact they don't want to cause panic or hinder their investigation.

I'm 50/50 it's the same guy I definitely think it's a possibility. I wish we knew the manner of death and any other similarities between the crime scenes.

They do in Canada.

Honestly - people SHOULD be panicked.

If these 4 girls were not murdered by the same SOB - that means there are predators x 2.

Evil lurks.

JMO

Sometimes? But usually only when they're positive. At least that's been my experience. When everyone suspected we had a serial killer but we weren't sure, they kept saying, "You should always be cautious. You should always tell somebody where you're going, et cetera. That's just common sense."

I'm so praying that this is true. I guess we just have to wait for LE in Indiana to make an arrest & then they can see if he had any connection to Iowa in July of 2012. or in the past. We do have to remember that LE in Iowa say that Elizabeth & Lyric's killer has to have a strong familiarity with Seven Bridges where they were found. It is really in the middle of nowhere. The area where Abby & Libby was found is much closer to town.

I'm so praying that this is true. I guess we just have to wait for LE in Indiana to make an arrest & then they can see if he had any connection to Iowa in July of 2012. or in the past. We do have to remember that LE in Iowa say that Elizabeth & Lyric's killer has to have a strong familiarity with Seven Bridges where they were found. It is really in the middle of nowhere. The area where Abby & Libby was found is much closer to town.

In the era of satellite photos and mapping apps, I am not sure I'm convinced that someone has to have been at a place in order to have familiarity with an area.

Yes the more time I spend re-reading this case, and continue reading in the Indiana case, I do think they are connected. I think if the killer in the Indiana case was a first timer, he would have been caught by now. I think at the very least he has done this before. But I don't know how to move Lizzy and Lyrics case forward either. There is a component here we are all missing.

Yes the more time I spend re-reading this case, and continue reading in the Indiana case, I do think they are connected. I think if the killer in the Indiana case was a first timer, he would have been caught by now. I think at the very least he has done this before. But I don't know how to move Lizzy and Lyrics case forward either. There is a component here we are all missing.

Hopefully it's known to LE even if it isn't known to us.

Very interesting on the possible connection between these cases. I often think about and google for updates on the Cook and Collins case. As a writer who researches cold cases, I find the comparisons between cases to be very interesting.

In the era of satellite photos and mapping apps, I am not sure I'm convinced that someone has to have been at a place in order to have familiarity with an area.

I'm beginning to wonder the same. I also think that whoever killed Elizabeth and Lyric and Abby and Libby, too might just feel comfortable in any outdoor area if they
are used to hunting and fishing, etc. in the outdoors.

I'm beginning to wonder the same. I also think that whoever killed Elizabeth and Lyric and Abby and Libby, too might just feel comfortable in any outdoor area if they
are used to hunting and fishing, etc. in the outdoors.

I think somebody who fishes is a very likely possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966