Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that there are so many weird similarities between the Libby and Abby case and this one. I immediately thought of Lyric & Elizabeth. I'm hoping it is the same guy so L&E can finally get some justice. I hear there is DNA in the L&A case. I hope there is DNA in the L&E case too, and that it matches.
Would be nice but I don't suppose it's going to be that easy. :(

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I thought the Indiana case was so similar to Evansdale that I called the tip line.

Hey Cindersoot, thanks for doing that.

I just reposted the side by side over on the other thread, and now I'm creeped out all over again. So much similarity...

I too agree the similarities are strikingly similar.
It makes me wonder if this guy is a truck driver that delivers animals for one state to the other for slaughter?????

It makes me wonder if this guy is a truck driver that delivers animals for one state to the other for slaughter?????

My theory exactly. Goes out to the farm to pick them up, takes them to the packing plant. Probably goes all over the midwest.

My theory exactly. Goes out to the farm to pick them up, takes them to the packing plant. Probably goes all over the midwest.
Afterthought: or maybe making farm deliveries, like feed or propane.

I shared the same thought on Libby and Abigail's thread. My feeling is either a truck driver or meat processing plant worker. You idea encompasses both! Great thinking! And, I hope that solving one of these cases will solve both,

I know the Boone Iowa case is closed with Klunder, but it's crazy how that involved two girls after two girls in Evandale and now this. With the Evansdale case I lived and breathed it day and night and now I'm back at it again. This is just too similar, it has to be solved soon. Delphi is only about a 6 hour drive from Evansdale.

Similarities between Indiana murders & Lyric and Elizabeth

attachment.php

Both sets of young girls on trails by themselves, kidnapped, murdered, and left in the woods on the 13th day of the month.

"My heart just breaks for the families. I don't know what they are going through. I know what I went through and our family went through. It is just very hard, It doesn't get easier," said Drew Collins, Elizabeth's father.

Drew and other committee members meeting about Angels Park; Lyric and Elizabeth never far from their thoughts.

Drew says after seeing the Indiana news, right away, he called the investigator on his daughter's case.

"I wanted to make sure they were looking at it and they were already ten steps ahead of me, looking at it. They contacted Indiana State Police," said Drew.

There are similarities in the cases, but no concrete connection, yet.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/34591309/...s-between-indiana-murders-lyric-and-elizabeth

Attachments

• 13208624_G.jpg
    13208624_G.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 193
I haven't posted on Lyric & Lizzie's thread for a very long time, while I don't feel I have anything helpful to contribute right now - I just wanted to check in and say that I still think of the girls each day. I hope one day justice will come.

It's been a while since I've been on here, but seeing the article about the Indiana girls spurred me to come back. There's been a lot of buzz about the similarities between the two cases. However, not to offend, the similarities are pretty generic (i.e. alone on a trail, found in the woods); a lot of cases end with a deceased person or persons found in a wooded area who was alone in a desolate place prior. The dates seem significant 7/13/12 (Lizzy & Lyric) and 2/13/17 (Abby & Libby), and even read backwards the dates are palindromes. But if we were looking at a serial murderer who was into utilizing palindrome dates as his calling card, he'd be done at this point. As awful as it is to accept, I feel these two cases are completely unrelated and the Indiana case was a crime of opportunity, just as the L&L's case was. But I am glad that LE of both areas are taking the possibility into consideration.

The perp in L&L's case put forth effort to hide and conceal their crime, actually moving the girls to at least 1 other location in the commission of the crime. The L&A case, the perp committed the crime at the location and disposed at the location. Or: L&L's perp did not want to get caught and was paranoid s/he would be; L&A's perp was confident that s/he would not be caught. I would be extremely surprised if these cases were related based on the modus operandi that differs in each.

I feel like I'm being a Debby Downer, but after reading up on Libby & Abby's case, and comparing it to what we know from Lizzy & Lyrics case, then comparing it to the typical modus operandi of a single perpetrator, it just doesn't seem likely that the two are related, and just happen to be a very strange happenstance.

But we don't really know enough out of either case to say for sure. I just hope both cases are able to come to a conclusion of justice for all four girls and their families.

Even if the two cases are unrelated, the Indiana murders are so front and center in the national /international public eye, tips received may actually help flush out the perp in L&L's case too.

Even if the two cases are unrelated, the Indiana murders are so front and center in the national /international public eye, tips received may actually help flush out the perp in L&L's case too.
Good point

It's been a while since I've been on here, but seeing the article about the Indiana girls spurred me to come back. There's been a lot of buzz about the similarities between the two cases. However, not to offend, the similarities are pretty generic (i.e. alone on a trail, found in the woods); a lot of cases end with a deceased person or persons found in a wooded area who was alone in a desolate place prior. The dates seem significant 7/13/12 (Lizzy & Lyric) and 2/13/17 (Abby & Libby), and even read backwards the dates are palindromes. But if we were looking at a serial murderer who was into utilizing palindrome dates as his calling card, he'd be done at this point. As awful as it is to accept, I feel these two cases are completely unrelated and the Indiana case was a crime of opportunity, just as the L&L's case was. But I am glad that LE of both areas are taking the possibility into consideration.

The perp in L&L's case put forth effort to hide and conceal their crime, actually moving the girls to at least 1 other location in the commission of the crime. The L&A case, the perp committed the crime at the location and disposed at the location. Or: L&L's perp did not want to get caught and was paranoid s/he would be; L&A's perp was confident that s/he would not be caught. I would be extremely surprised if these cases were related based on the modus operandi that differs in each.

I feel like I'm being a Debby Downer, but after reading up on Libby & Abby's case, and comparing it to what we know from Lizzy & Lyrics case, then comparing it to the typical modus operandi of a single perpetrator, it just doesn't seem likely that the two are related, and just happen to be a very strange happenstance.

But we don't really know enough out of either case to say for sure. I just hope both cases are able to come to a conclusion of justice for all four girls and their families.

I agree with you. The actual crimes don't seem similar at all. Libby and Abby were found in a day, not months like Lyric and Elizabeth, for one thing, and I think that is important info. I think L&E were kept alive for a while, maybe a long while. Obviously L&A were killed rather quickly.

I think the guy who killed Sierra Joughin (spelling?) is more likely to be a suspect in Lyric and Elizabeth's murders than this "bridge guy" is. If it wasn't him, I think it was someone like him, with a "dungeon" or hiding place where he was able to keep the girls for a while.

Lyric Cook's father Dan Morrisey was facing extensive prison time for Meth manufacturing. and her mother was also using meth.
Morrissey had earlier pleaded guilty and agreed to Alford pleas, which acknowledges evidence needed for a conviction, to charges involving the manufacture of methamphetamine and other drug offenses.

The Waterloo Courier newspaper reported that Morrissey had faced 235 years in prison if the charges were run consecutive, but in June of 2012 he entered a plea agreement limiting his exposure to no more than 45 years behind bars.This was shortly before the girls disappearance.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/evansdal...cle_6e223240-1c9c-11e3-9c93-001a4bcf887a.html

That brings up the question of whether he flipped on other drug people to reduce his time.

If so, it provides a motive for seeking revenge on him by kidnapping his daughter. Elizabeth Collins may have suffered from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I agree with you. The actual crimes don't seem similar at all. Libby and Abby were found in a day, not months like Lyric and Elizabeth, for one thing, and I think that is important info. I think L&E were kept alive for a while, maybe a long while. Obviously L&A were killed rather quickly.

I think the guy who killed Sierra Joughin (spelling?) is more likely to be a suspect in Lyric and Elizabeth's murders than this "bridge guy" is. If it wasn't him, I think it was someone like him, with a "dungeon" or hiding place where he was able to keep the girls for a while.
But since LE has never released any information about either crime, we have no way of knowing whether they're similar. Just because nobody found L&L's bodies earlier doesn't mean they weren't there.

But since LE has never released any information about either crime, we have no way of knowing whether they're similar. Just because nobody found L&L's bodies earlier doesn't mean they weren't there.

I totally agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members