Found Deceased IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time lurker on this thread. I've been following this case from the beginning ...

Any thoughts on why exactly LE would withhold cause of death for so long?

It's possible they don't have an exact cause. But also it protects the investigation.

I don't think this case has any connection to Delphi at all.

It's possible they don't have an exact cause. But also it protects the investigation.

I don't think this case has any connection to Delphi at all.

Part of me wants there to be a connection so that when one finds resolution, the other will. However, my gut is saying no. For one thing, I can find not necessarily "motive" in this one but at least more explanations for their deaths. The Delphi killing just feels so much more random. Of course, without knowing more about the girls' families, there might be more to it. I feel that in THIS case they were staked out and killed quickly. It was an intentional murder and pre-meditated. On the Delphi case, however, I could see it being more of a crime of opportunity and that he might have killed anyone he encountered alone on that day.

Is there a problem on this site. This seems to be the current thread but not anybody has posted on it for quite some time or maybe there is a problem at my end?

Is there a problem on this site. This seems to be the current thread but not anybody has posted on it for quite some time or maybe there is a problem at my end?
I think it's on your end. Somebody else posted this morning.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Isn't that eerie?
There are so many similarities between the two cases, it blows my mind.
I believe the two cases could very well be related and both cases can be solved with a single arrest.
But, then again, I was wrong about MJK and I was so sure he was the one.

I think it's quite possible the two cases are related. They are quite similar. In both cases the girls were removed to another location. Also LE in both cases thought the perp was local and very familiar with the area. Both remote areas. I say remote regarding The Manon High Bridge as that is how it looks to me viewing videos that have been uploaded to youtube. Both cases have huge rewards yet no one has come forward/so far.

These are possibly serial killers that don't kill in their own back yard. They may work normal jobs and no one would ever suspect them. They have a van or some type of truck/camper. I have been of the belief for quite some time that there are two. Thus 'The twist'. Libby and Abby trapped at the south end of the bridge where the vehicle was...taken somewhere...perhaps around where the cemetary/grain bin is located then made to walk down to where they were found on the pretense perhaps that they were going to be let go. Of course this is all just wild speculation on my part...perhaps wilder than some.

The date reversal is very weird.

JMO

I think it's quite possible the two cases are related. They are quite similar. In both cases the girls were removed to another location. Also LE in both cases thought the perp was local and very familiar with the area. Both remote areas. I say remote regarding The Manon High Bridge as that is how it looks to me viewing videos that have been uploaded to youtube. Both cases have huge rewards yet no one has come forward/so far.

These are possibly serial killers that don't kill in their own back yard. They may work normal jobs and no one would ever suspect them. They have a van or some type of truck/camper. I have been of the belief for quite some time that there are two. Thus 'The twist'. Libby and Abby trapped at the south end of the bridge where the vehicle was...taken somewhere...perhaps around where the cemetary/grain bin is located then made to walk down to where they were found on the pretense perhaps that they were going to be let go. Of course this is all just wild speculation on my part...perhaps wilder than some.

The date reversal is very weird.

JMO

The bridge and trail area in Delphi is less remote than it looks.

I don't think the cases are related. That the Delphi girls were killed immediately and found in less than 24 hours is a big difference.

I followed this case closely when the girls went missing. Cried when they were found deceased.
I just came to check out the thread after being on the Liberty German & Abigail Williams case.
What is the latest with Lyric's parents? I know at the time they both had drug charges against them and they figured into peoples thinging on who may have killed the girls.
I still pray for justice for these 2 girls

The bridge and trail area in Delphi is less remote than it looks.

I don't think the cases are related. That the Delphi girls were killed immediately and found in less than 24 hours is a big difference.
We don't know how quickly Lizzie and Lyric were killed, and the finding is out of the killer's control. If he were familiar with Seven Bridges from high school days partying, he may have expected a gathering to find them much sooner. Or he may have intended to move Liberty and Abbie farther away and been interrupted.

I think I'm inclined to think it's more likely a copycat crime, but the way L&A's investigators put that photo up all over the country makes me wonder whether they expect to connect other crimes, even if not this one.

I am going to add something strange...just scroll if you find it too bizarre (I know I did) but have to throw it out there anyway! Cuz strange things do happen!

Ok.. I was struck by the dates being mirror images of each other (7-13-12) and (2-13-17)...That is an unbelievable coincidence!

So, there is a word tp describe this...palindrome. Googled palindrome and this movie came up "Palindromes". Have not watched it but it's a little creepy (opened in theaters 4/13/04 and out on DVD 9/13/05...what is with the 13th?)

Just a strange idea...www.rottentomatoes.com/m/palindromes/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindromes_(film)

We don't know how quickly Lizzie and Lyric were killed, and the finding is out of the killer's control. If he were familiar with Seven Bridges from high school days partying, he may have expected a gathering to find them much sooner. Or he may have intended to move Liberty and Abbie farther away and been interrupted.

I think I'm inclined to think it's more likely a copycat crime, but the way L&A's investigators put that photo up all over the country makes me wonder whether they expect to connect other crimes, even if not this one.

They may even have been moved to 7 Bridges because it satisfied some fantasy/fetish, geographical setting that the perp wanted.
speculation, imo.

I am going to add something strange...just scroll if you find it too bizarre (I know I did) but have to throw it out there anyway! Cuz strange things do happen!

Ok.. I was struck by the dates being mirror images of each other (7-13-12) and (2-13-17)...That is an unbelievable coincidence!

So, there is a word tp describe this...palindrome. Googled palindrome and this movie came up "Palindromes". Have not watched it but it's a little creepy (opened in theaters 4/13/04 and out on DVD 9/13/05...what is with the 13th?)

Just a strange idea...www.rottentomatoes.com/m/palindromes/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palindromes_(film)
Many horror movies release on the 13th.

Many horror movies release on the 13th.

Thanks Carbuff! But it's not a horror movie...it is a comedy drama! The plot is what is (creepy in my opinion!)

Okay, creepy does not begin to describe it. "Palindromes" is weird, but apparently it's a sequel to "Welcome to the Dollhouse," which is described as black comedy but sounds like it's mostly black: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welcome_to_the_Dollhouse. Two of the main characters are girls 11.5 and 8. There's attempted rape, kidnapping, and child molestation. Palindromes opens with the funeral of the protag from the first movie, who has grown up and committed suicide.

I doubt if there's any connection but both movies are just creepy.

They may even have been moved to 7 Bridges because it satisfied some fantasy/fetish, geographical setting that the perp wanted.
speculation, imo.

I wonder how many others have been found near bridges in the surrounding states. BG - Bridge Guy. Too weird. So much darkness.

Okay, I am looking at other double murders of girls in the US, and found a disturbing trend. While some of them are sexual crimes or parental murders, quite a lot of them, especially recently, are gang related. :(

Did we ever even discuss gangs as a possibility?

Somebody in Libby and Abbie's thread mentioned another profession that could bring somebody into an area for a few days, long enough to become kind of familiar with an area: utility workers.

And that made me think of construction workers, particularly road construction. Wasn't the highway next to the lake under construction that summer? Wonder if there's anything going on in/near Delphi?

ETA: Yes. Apparently they're a "Stellar Projects" city and have been undergoing improvements and construction for several years.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35046126/2017/03/31/arrest-made-in-local-child-enticement-cases I think the child enticement cases were mentioned here last Summer. Anyway, they finally made an arrest for them. This man was also arrested in Nov. 2016 for a similar case in Monona county Iowa. He is from Ankeny so it seems he gets around Iowa very well. I hope they investigate where he was on July 13th, 2012. ETA-Here is the link to the Monona Iowa county case.http://www.siouxlandproud.com/news/...ile-impersonating-a-public-official/609809597

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95